Comfortghan needed for my Goddaughters' big sister(Pics start on pg.3)

Aelita

Hi everyone I have a request if you don't mind me asking. My goddaughter who is in the pic by my name with me has a 13 yr. old sister. Well her big sister got a new heart when she was two(much thanks to the Lord and the other child's parent's) that came from a 4 yr old who was killed in an accident. Well that part was awesome her body didn't reject the heart so now she is 13. Well she also suffers from Epilepsy and has mild to severe seizures, we can never tell which ones until it happens. She may be 13 according to her age but mentally she is only 8. I buy and make her alot of things and I even bought her a big fleece blanket as one of her xmas presents. The fleece bothers her skin alot so I ended up getting her a big comforter that she saw in the store and wanted. Well I got a call from her and she knows that I crochet things b/c of the things I made them in the past. Well through tears she asked me if I could make her a blanket in pink and purple that would be just for her. She said it didn't matter if the colors were light or dark but she just wanted a big blanket for herself made out of the big squares that I made before. She is referring to small blankets I made for her 6 yr. old sisters classroom for their dolls there. I failed to take a pic of them before I gave them to her to take to school. So my question is if any of you good people on here would be willing to help me by making some 12" squares in pinks and purples so I can make her a blanket? It doesn't matter if they are dark or light, but just a yarn that can be washed and dried. Thank You so much for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it alot.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving tails may just help me out seeing as I never joined squares before. Maybe you guys and gals may know of a easy for beginners to joins squares? I also want to thank each one of you for helping me out with this, I don't know what I would do if not for your help, thank you so much.

Leaving tails may just help me out seeing as I never joined squares before. Maybe you guys and gals may know of a easy for beginners to joins squares? I also want to thank each one of you for helping me out with this, I don't know what I would do if not for your help, thank you so much.

http://thecrochetdudepatterns.blogspot.com/2006/04/dudessembly.html

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares.htm

The top link is the crochetdude's assembly for 12 inch squares.

The next link is crochet cabana's tutorial. They have many methods and with pictures.

There are many ways. I've heard good things about all of these, but I haven't done them. I've only sewed them together for Shaelynn's projects.

You might ask for advice in the Help section. Or you might PM Salos or Jimmie Lu. They do a lot of squares and are both sweet people.

I'm working on the squares and hope to have them in the mail to you by Monday.:hug

http://thecrochetdudepatterns.blogspot.com/2006/04/dudessembly.html

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares.htm

The top link is the crochetdude's assembly for 12 inch squares.

The next link is crochet cabana's tutorial. They have many methods and with pictures.

There are many ways. I've heard good things about all of these, but I haven't done them. I've only sewed them together for Shaelynn's projects.

You might ask for advice in the Help section. Or you might PM Salos or Jimmie Lu. They do a lot of squares and are both sweet people.

I'm working on the squares and hope to have them in the mail to you by Monday.:hug

Thanx for giving the links Christina you rock you know that right? Yeah you do.

thanx so much for your help I appreciate all this help I am getting thank you.

You're welcome, I really hope she likes her ghan when you put it together.

Yes I still welcome any 12" squares in pinks or purples light or dark it doesn't matter. PM me I'll give you my address. I really appreciate all the help. I have recieved a beautiful square yesterday and I love it. I have this color yarn and was planning on making a square in that color but since this beautiful one came my way then I'm gonna use another color. It is both pink and purple I love variegated yarns. I wanna post the pics of the squares in this thread if it's okay and also should I post the persons name or the place the squares came from? I just want to know if it's okay before I do it, if not then I'll post them on my blog.

Here is a square I recieved so far:

purplesquare1.jpg

this beautiful square came from Mary(salos). I have this yarn but I love this square I wanted to keep it but no I have to add it to my comforghan for Lucys' big sister. It has both colors she wants in it. Pretty isn't it?

Archived