Crochet Today! Feb/Mar 2007

moonspinners

I guess it could be a postal problem, but if it is, it's on the other end. I live in a very small town, and I know the postmaster, his substitute, and the rural carrier. If the postal service can get it to Mountain Park, our post office will make sure it's delivered. I will take your advice, though, and talk with our postmaster and see if he can check farther up the line.

If you live in a rural area like me, that might be part of the problem. I missed a lot of issues of a few different magazines in the previous home I lived in. Moved a few miles away and no problems now. The mailboxes are on the main road about 1/10 mile to 2/10 mile from the house and can't keep on eye on it due to tree's. I saw someone driving by one day and slowing down at everyone's boxes. Turned out a free sample of a cereal was delivered to everyone and they were stealing them. I'm pretty sure several of my magazines were stolen as well. It might be interesting to ask the mail carrier to note down if they delivered a magazine to you and then if they did/ see if it stayed in the mailbox.

Angie

I was able to find mine at my local Borders bookstore, although when I asked the clerk, they didn't have a clue (so I just looked till I found it myself) My local wal-mart only carries 1 knit magazine:( and about 3 quilting mags, 2 beading and 1 paper craft thats it:( My Local Joanns didn't have it, when I asked the clerk said "what we got is over there" Why thank you Miss employee of the month NOT But I was good and didn't say anything lol.

I am ordering it just now! I used to get a similar one but I went to the website for this one and it looks like they have more up to date designs for us!

Here is the web link if anyone else is interested in checking it out! Once there you can click on the "squares" that picture each featured pattern and see it in detail ;)

http://www.crochettoday.com/default.aspx

Can't wait to get my first one!

:cheer

I totally love this magazine. I missed the very first issue, but caught the second, then ordered the first from their site. Now I have all of the issues, plus got a subscription for Christmas, which I've had no problems with. By far, the best crochet magazine I've seen.

Ok I am seriously addicted to the glovette pattern in this magazine. You MUST try it out. I am working on my second pair.

The fingerless gloves are AWESOME. I am just finishing up the second to the pair. It's such a well-written pattern!!!!!! I can see myself making a lot of these in different yarns....

Great! I was admiring that pattern. I'll definitely go do it.

Upon close inspection I'm not so crazy about the stitches used in the garments I was interested in making. But I still like the basic fit that they have.

I just received my Feb/March issue but I live way up north. I mean when I got satelite tv (they don't have cable here) they sent it to me with a compass and coordinates! We just got cell phone coverage a couple of months ago. I blame it on the mail. In the Yukon they are really good with the mail as it is the only way you can get things half the time but the rest of the world seems to be a different matter.

I really like this magazine too. I find Crochet! has good patterns if you are someone who really likes trendy clothes. I on the otherhand have stretch marks to cover up and think dressing up is putting on a bit of mascara and wearing my new jeans from Sears. I also like that the patterns use reasonably priced yarn which you could always substitute with fancy yarn if you wanted.

Rachel

I think this one goes on my wish list. I subscribe to Crochet World, and really enjoy it, (I renewed thru '09 already!) but this thread is making me drool! Mothers Day is coming...maybe I can talk somebody into this one :)

This is the mag that got me started crocheting- I could not find the last issue at my local Joanne's-they always had it in the past. But I did get it and should really subscribe

Since everyone was discussing the gloves, I thought I'd throw in a quick question.

Is everyone following the hook size and the yarn size for the pattern?

I thought I had all the hook sizes, but for some reason can't find my D

I also don't have any #3 yarn, but I have plenty of everything else

Would it totally screw up the pattern to adjust the yarn&hook size? :think

I was hoping I could use my Red Heart supersaver (#4) and maybe an F or G hook

Any info would help, Thanks!

Juliet

Maybe your post-people are crochet-a-holics and want the magazine for themselves!

Crochet Today! is my favorite magazine, and I was lucky enough to get all the issues so far, but have yet to subscribe!

If I knew who, I might be willing to subscribe to it for them so they would leave mine alone. I still haven't received my Feb./March issue, even though I've been corresponding regularly with customer service.

I've received two offers to renew the magazine, though. It's funny that those don't seem to have any difficulty finding me, but I can't get my magazine delivered on time.:think

To get a quick response, go to the web site and subscribe and back order any of the issues that you may want. You can look at any of the patterns that are featured in each issue to see what you are missing.

I promise you will not be sorry that you have subscribed. This is the BEST magazine that I am subscribed to for my craft.

I've putting off subscribing this this magazine, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe I'll ask someone to get me a gift subscription for my birthday.

I mailed off a request for this magazine back in December and have not heard a thing from them. I sent an e-mail two weeks ago as well. Has anyone else had this much trouble

I am subscribed to the magazine and had to call twice to get it sent it is not there fault it is the postal service when I put my zip code it comes up

another town who is the head post office of our town ,I dont know how to get the postal service to get it straight, when I put my town and zip it says please enter a valid city. So whos to blame?

I am not renewing my subscription as I like crochet world the best. I cant afford both magazines.

Archived