Crochet Today! Feb/Mar 2007

moonspinners

Just received my issue in today's mail. Lots of great patterns (of course! :hook) But my favorite article is the linked double crochet stitch to eliminate the gap when joining rounds. I just tried it and wow, the granny square looks so much better! Can you tell I'm a happy camper? :lol

Crochet today is my FAVORITE crochet magazine. They have most clothing patterns in sizes up to 3x . I Love the tips and I also love that trick on joining rounds without the gap. I just subscribed cause they rarely get it at my Joann's. That fingerless glove pattern is really neat I am trying that next :hook

I'd actually decided to not purchase this until I saw this thread and then I had to go to four stores to find it! I only found the Dec/Jan issue though -- did not see a Feb/Mar issue but I hadn't bought that issue so I did.

I'm really happy I bought it. The article on cables and the three cable projects were awesome.

Now I really need to find the newest issue .. *madly hunts*

I'd actually decided to not purchase this until I saw this thread and then I had to go to four stores to find it! I only found the Dec/Jan issue though -- did not see a Feb/Mar issue but I hadn't bought that issue so I did.

I'm really happy I bought it. The article on cables and the three cable projects were awesome.

Now I really need to find the newest issue .. *madly hunts*

If I were you, I'd subscribe I don't think you'll be disappointed in the magazine. I consider myself picky when it comes to crochet and the designs are great for all skill levels and there's not all that fuzzy, hairy yarn being used either.

I did subscribe today. I have the first three issues now and love almost everything in them.

I think that they have an amazing mix of patterns from the "cool popular poncho's" to the home pieces, to the baby, to the completely useless but really cute .. It's wonderful.

I'm going to work on that cable scarf ... I must conquer cables.

I really appreciate this thread. My subscription with Crochet! just expired, and this looks like a good replacement. A lot of the clothes are styles I would actually wear--like that vest and that shrug. Oh yeah.

After reading this thread, I subscribed to this magazine! I look everywhere I go for crochet magazines and rarely find any. At least I know I will find one in my mailbox from now on!

My subscription problems still continue with this magazine. I had to write them to get the first issue mailed to me. I still haven't received the Dec./Jan. issue even though I've emailed them twice, and they've promised to mail me one each time. I also mentioned to them that the others here at Crochetville had received their Feb./March issues. They assured me in the last email that I would have my copy by the 10th. Well, today's the 10th, the mail has run, and still no magazine. I'm so disappointed.

I checked four stores between yesterday and today and it wasn't in any of them. Hopefully our area will get it soon. Have the first three issues, like it, reminds me of the old Crochet With Heart magazine, now defunct.

Guess I may have to subscribe, got an order from Herrschners for some other stuff and a little card was included with some of the flyers they include. Do you think it is a hint???? LOL.

LI Roe

I haven't had any subscription problems until this issue. I have not received mine either. I'm gonna call/email(?) them next week. I was giving them time to get it to me, but it's the 10th now, and I should have it already.

That is totally annoying Linda. I was considering getting a subscription. Wonder if I should think twice?? Have they ever offered any insight as to why this has happened to you?????

No insight at all. The only issue I've received without any trouble has been the Oct./Nov. issue. I'll wait a week for the Feb./March issue before I contact them again. I think I'll take my chances on finding it at Hastings or Wal-Mart after my subscription runs out.

They sent me a renewal form a couple of weeks ago asking me to renew early. I tossed it in the trash.

I also had a lot of trouble with my subscription to Quick & Easy Crochet. I didn't renew that one either.

Maybe they don't know where Oklahoma is.:devil

I really appreciate this thread. My subscription with Crochet! just expired, and this looks like a good replacement. A lot of the clothes are styles I would actually wear--like that vest and that shrug. Oh yeah.

My thoughts exactly! My Crochet subscription just expired also, I am debating between Crochet today or interweave crochet's 4 issue subscription. I really can't afford both. I was so disappointed with Crochet magazine. The first few issues i received were great. After that there was nothing that I wanted to make for myself. I don't go out anywhere fancy for the dresses and fancy outfits and I'm too old for the bitty skirts and halter tops.

Found it today at Barnes and Noble, even though the guy at the reference/info desk told me they wouldn't be getting it in. But since I bought the first three issues there, knew it would be there. I have seen it at AC Moore but usually several days after Barnes and Noble has it.

Although I like the convenience of subscribing, I have found, even with other magazines that occasionally issues are lost and never arrive. Most of the time, when I would call to ask about it, they would send out that issue. But a few times, I was told it was no longer available and they would extend my subscription by a month. Doesn't help when you want each issue. Now that I know about when Crochet Today hits the stores, will just check around that time.

LI Roe

Ok folks I just have to put in my 2 cents worth about the mail problems. I wouldn't blame the magazine. Blame the Post Office.......I say this because I've been married to a mailman and know just what can "happen" to our mail. If you have problems with receiving mail, you need to involve a postal inspector and not just the local post master. Our mail is a very private form of communication and anyone who belittles it's importance (including the people who deliver it) needs to answer for it. Like all businesses, you have to get past the roadblocks to solve the problems so keep complaining until the problem is fixed.

Ok folks I just have to put in my 2 cents worth about the mail problems. I wouldn't blame the magazine. Blame the Post Office.......I say this because I've been married to a mailman and know just what can "happen" to our mail. If you have problems with receiving mail, you need to involve a postal inspector and not just the local post master. Our mail is a very private form of communication and anyone who belittles it's importance (including the people who deliver it) needs to answer for it. Like all businesses, you have to get past the roadblocks to solve the problems so keep complaining until the problem is fixed.

I guess it could be a postal problem, but if it is, it's on the other end. I live in a very small town, and I know the postmaster, his substitute, and the rural carrier. If the postal service can get it to Mountain Park, our post office will make sure it's delivered. I will take your advice, though, and talk with our postmaster and see if he can check farther up the line.

I also was looking to replace Crochet! The patterns just are too much for me. Not my style. Way too much work. Etc. So I think this will be a good replacement. It is a great magazine, Crochet!, but just not right for me.

So I sent in my money to subscribe to Crochet Today! I think I will be making more in each issue than I did in Crochet!

The newest issue is great. Just picked it up for my birthday, since DH didn't do anything for me, I went shopping myself!:angry That will teach him!

:manyheart

Archived