Little Girls Bucket Hat

appy_lover

Hey,

This is a hat pattern I made up last night. I hope that you like it. It has not yet been tested, and I don't have the pictures taken yet, but I thought I would share. It is the first time I have written out a pattern, so I hope that it comes out right. I will add pictures once I get them taken.

It should take an experienced crocheter less than an hour to whip one out. I made it in chocolate brown/pink and cream/pink. It should make an excellent easter hat for a toddler or small girl.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you like the hat feel free to use the pattern to make items to sell. Please just don't sell the pattern.

Little Girls Bucket Hat

Small amount (maybe 3.5 ozs) of WW yarn, I Hook

Ch 4, Join to make ring

Row 1: ch 2 (counts as first dc now and throughout) 13 DC in ring, join (14)

Row 2: ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch, 2 dc in each stitch around, join (28)

Row 3: ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch, *1 dc in next dc, 2 dc in following dc* around join (42)

Row 4: ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch, *1 dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in following dc* around join (56)

Row 5: ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, *ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 3* around join in top of ch2 (42 dc & 14 spaces)

Row 6: sl st in next 2 st and ch in space, ch 2, 2 more dc in same space, ch 1, *3 dc in ch1 space, ch 1 * around, join

Row 7-8: Repeat row 6

Row 9: ch 2, dc in each stitch around (56)

Row 10: ch 1, sc in each stitch around, join

Row 11: ch 2, dc in each stitch around, join

Row 12: ch 1, sc in each stitch around, join

Row 13: ch 2, dc in same stitch, *dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch*, around join (84)

Row 14: ch 1, sc in each stitch around, join

(Optional) Row 15: *ch 3, skip next sc, sc in next sc* around

I have been changing colors for rows 10, 12, and 14-15 to give the hat thin stripes of color. If you don’t want this color scheme rows 10 and 12 could probably be combined to make a row of dc. Attaching an appliqué to the side of the hat makes it super cute.

On row 5 it is important to have a multiple of 4, so 56 should be right. I will have to go back and look at the pattern again and see where I messed up. You need a multiple of 4 because there are 3 rows of a granny like pattern before the bottom of the hat (3 dc, ch1).

I will look at it tonight and try to get you the corrections and pics. Since I am still unable to post attachments is there someone I can e-mail pics to to get them up so you can see what you are making?

OK...Note to self, never write a pattern, esp your first pattern, when you are tired. Sorry to everyone who tried to make sense of my mess. I hope that these corrections will be helpful. I have made them in the above pattern in red. I am still not able to make attachments, so I guess I cannot post the pic. I have one now if some will post if for me.

Thanks espcially to Charlene for your e-mail. Sorry to have wasted your time. I hope that you got the pic that I sent. Boy to I feel like a bloomin idiot. The hat makes up super cute, and I got a lot of comments on it at work, so I just thought I would be helpful and share.

I did it!!! I made it last night and it only took 30 minutes to whip up!! You'll have to excuse the model....I finished it at 11PM and she woke up so I thought hey...why wait until the morning...:lol She really wasn't too thrilled about having her picture taken....she was in bed at 8pm and slept until she heard mommy call out :woo

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie010.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie011-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie013-2.jpg

this was an awesome pattern and thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Archived