Nighty bye-bye -15 inch doll

darski

Nighty bye-byes. :pinterest

Jammies and Bunny Slippers

post-4896-135897798362_thumb.jpg

I used Pink and White WW (but finer than usual) but you can use any colours or just one colour.

The hook is a 5mm (H)

Bunny slippers – make 2

Start sole… with Pink,

post-4896-135897798421_thumb.jpg

Row 1: Chain 7 and work sc around chain. Work 4 sc in heel (start) end and 5 sc in toe end.

Row 2: work sc in heel area and hdc around rest of sole. Work 2 sc in 3 sts at heel end and 2 hdc in 4 sts at toe end.

Start Uppers

Row 1: Chain 1 and flip sole so right side is down. Work FPhdc in every stitch around sole staying at outer edge and join.

Row 2: Work hdc along side making one decrease. Work DC decrease 6 times around toe area. Work hdc along other side and again dec. one join to first hdc. (at this point they make great shoes J )

Row 3: work hdc along side, work 3dc cluster twice to finish toe area and work hdc along other side. Break off.

post-4896-135897798423_thumb.jpg

Create ears…

Look at the front and decide where you can place the two ears.

Insert hook under stitch, yarnover and work ch 4 using the tail end to add bulk. Sl stitch back down ear and break off leaving enough tail to secure ear and weave in the end. Repeat for the second ear

Glue on tiny googley eyes or make eyes as you see fit.

Jammies

Legs - make 2

With white… Work a 4 st ribbing for 15 rows and join edges with sc. Break off

Work 24 dc into top of ribbing and join. Work 4 more rows and break off on the first one but not on the second one.

You are going to join the two legs together by working 4 sc through the two legs so if possible, put your seams as the inseam of the legs and join. You are now at the centre front of the jammies work dc around the leg toward the back until three stitches before the join area. Work a tr in the next 2 sts and 2 tr in the next st. Work one tr into the join stitch and then 2 tr in next and one tr in next 2 sts. Complete round in dc and join to first st.

Chain 3 and work the first 3 dc into the front loops only then into both loops around to start. Do not join, work dc into the unworked loops of the first 3 stitches.

Add tight chain loops for buttonholes in this section if that works for you. Decide on your closure at any rate.

At this point, the jammies may be too wide for comfort. Over the next 5 rows of dc, decrease some stitches if you wish.

post-4896-13589779842_thumb.jpg

If you wish to use two colours, make the change at centre back and work colour changes as needed.

At the end of 5 rows, divide for fronts and back. The jammies will divide themselves naturally so just go with that.

Work 5 rows of dc in each front and back section then work 5 stitches as shoulders. Leave long tails for sewing together.

Sew shoulder seams.

Work a row of sc around armholes. Work sleeves by working hdc at underarms and dc otherwise. As you work the Dc stitches, decrease the extra along the top portion so that sleeves will be trimmed and so that the arms tend to ‘fall’ down rather than stick out straight.

Work 4 rows combining hdc and dc( with decreases). Then work 3 rows of just DC with no decreases.

Edging trim for sleeves and neck edge…

Work a row of hdc around neck edge doing double decreases in each corner space. Break off.

Work a row of hdc around each sleeve. Work a second row making 1 hdc and 1 fpdc around and break off. Weave in ends.

Sew on buttons and add a little motif in the left chest area if you wish.

copyright: Darlene Cutler 0 2007

She really needs a Blankie at this point :wlol what designs do y'all have for that one eh?

The housecoat will come with the nightie. Another day.

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow,,, you are just so excellent!!! I just love all of the outfits. I am going out today to buy a Dora doll so I can start with these!!! When I was looking at your patterns, what popped into my head was how about a raincoat, boots, and rain bonnet,,,,, and maybe a rubber ducky??? :)

Your clothes are sooo adorable and thanks so much for the patterns!! I am wondering what size that Dora doll is....we don't have one but we might have another one that these clothes would fit..I hope!

I already asked Darski what size of doll and she replied it's a 15", I found one at Wal Mart for abt $20.

I had to ask because my daughter said that our granddaughter can have a Dora Doll and I want to make all these clothes.

Thanks Darski for the cutest doll clothes. I just love these PJ's.

Heck in time I might even have to get me a doll just so I can change her clothes with the seasons and holiday's and such, LOL.

I can't wait to see what other outfits Dora get's, let's see, there's St. Patty's Day, needs something Patriotic, oooohhhh then there's Halloween. what kind of costume will she get, LOL, the list can go on and on.

She needs a Birthday Girl outfit also. Oooh I better stop and get some work done around here, LOL

Thanks Again Darski,

Keep up the great job!!!

Pam

I am going to try most of the suggestions but a couple are a challenge.

I don't think most kids would buy the idea that yarn is a raincoat. I think that one would be better made by sewing with vinyl or with fabric covered with vinyl. What do y'all think? Would the kids accept a yarn rain coat and boots - i have the yellow (bright) that would do it?

Sorry, I don't do Halloween so there won't be any costumes - I'm sure others could develop something or other for that.

Thank you so much for all the Dora patterns. I got my granddaughter a Dora for her birthday, but crocheted clothes for Bitty Baby, because I couldn't find any Dora patterns. I have printed off your patterns and can't wait to get started. We have a sports themed VBS this year and I think Dora will have your Cheerleading outfit to wear.

Hi Darski,

That set is just the cutest. :cheer Then again all of your Dora designs have been.

You mentioned that Dora needed a blankie to go with her jammies, the one I made for DD's Dora is very simple. I used a pattern stitch from the Leisure Arts booklet 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches called the bushy stitch, I think it was number 13. It is also the same stitch pattern used in this dishcloth:

http://www.geocities.com/lindaslists/bsdc.htm

I made in in Caron Simply Soft with a J hook. It came out for me that every 3 stitch multiple was an inch. I made it to cover Dora and Bitty Baby, so my numbers don't matter much. But I just love the way that yarn and hook made it come out.

I am going to make a single one just for Dora to go with a nightgown I am trying to concoct for her. I will send a photo when it is done. Have a great day!

I wonder if any one has figgured out the recent rash of sales for Dora! I was going to buy one a while ago for my little Heather and passed on it thinking I shouldnt be getting her all these presents(to give when I get home) Now, I am planning on buying one anyway AND trying to make her some of these outfits.. so much for my will power, yup, more presents.. thanks so much for these great patterns!!

Hi Darski,

That set is just the cutest. :cheer Then again all of your Dora designs have been.

You mentioned that Dora needed a blankie to go with her jammies, the one I made for DD's Dora is very simple. I used a pattern stitch from the Leisure Arts booklet 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches called the bushy stitch, I think it was number 13. It is also the same stitch pattern used in this dishcloth:

http://www.geocities.com/lindaslists/bsdc.htm

I made in in Caron Simply Soft with a J hook. It came out for me that every 3 stitch multiple was an inch. I made it to cover Dora and Bitty Baby, so my numbers don't matter much. But I just love the way that yarn and hook made it come out.

I am going to make a single one just for Dora to go with a nightgown I am trying to concoct for her. I will send a photo when it is done. Have a great day!

Thank you for the link to that stitch pattern. I like that one and it would be a good blankie.

I am looking forward to your nightie pattern. it should be fun.

Archived