Crochet Pattern Central....What's up?

diamond

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry! (although there's really nothing I can do) There are wonky DNS issues going on and it takes days (at times) for different people's internet to pick up on the changes.

CPC IS up. But even me...I can't access it from work although I can access it from home.

Ok, now figure this one out! I cannot access CPC from Mozilla Firefox (my first choice in browsers) or IE, but I CAN access it from my main AOL screen if I type the addy there. Is that weird or what?

Is everyone who's still having problems being sure to force your browser to reload the page directly from the website itself and not from anything stored in your computer's cache?

If your computer is reading from cache, you could still be getting the "not found" errors.

The site is loading fine for me this morning.

I don't understand why yours was doing that, Donna, and I'm in tech support! I could understand if your other browser connected to a different ISP, but you were using AOL as your ISP the whole time, I presume. Sometimes one ISP's DNS records may be out of date where another's updates faster, but that was just plain weird. Unless your browser was not set to look for a new copy of the page at every visit.

Well, I was not having any problem getting on CPC and then today all I get is server not found messages. I have cleared my cache and that doesn't help at all. I have tried with both Firefox and IE. Its darned annoying. I was just looking at it last night, too.

I, also, am still having trouble. I cleaned out my cache and it still didn't work. I'm going to try resetting my modem, but I don't think that will work either, as my ISP addy updates several times a day. Here's to hoping!

Just so you all know, I'm having the exact same problem! I have not been able to access CPC for a few days now. I have NO problems with any of the other regular sites I visit and have tried clearing cache, rebooting, you name it. Maybe it's a Florida thing? LOL

Same here, and I'm in NM. I haven't been able to get to CPC since Tuesday. :no

I still can't get on. My hubby says its prolly a bad route somewhere along the way, since I haven't had any problems with it until now. The funny thing is he could access it at work, but we can't at home. (Work is close enough that he can walk there in about 15 minutes if he has to.) So it must have something to do with our ISP and the routes they choose. If it continues to be a problem I guess I will call my ISP about it.

Well, I thought it was just me; good to know I'm not alone. I use Linux and Firefox.

This is the error I got:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com.

• Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've even tried Opera and Konqueror and still nothing. This is what Opera had to say:

Error!

Network problem

You tried to access the address http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

• Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
  • Check that the setup of any Internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary Web browsing.
  • If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
  • Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the Internet. Reload the page.

Can anybody make any sense out of any of this?

Archived