Crochet Pattern Central....What's up?

diamond

What's up with CPC? I haven't been able to access the site all day. I've tried Safari, Firefox & Explorer. It just won't open under any circumstance. I've also tried on 2 PCs, 1 Mac, 1 Mac laptop and 1 PC laptop. No luck!! Anyone know anything? Rachel....what's up?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, I can get on it as well without a problem.....maybe a problem with your computer??? :think

With 5 computers?

With 5 computers?

Wow! I didn't realise it was that many computers!:eek

I'm not very computer literate so it was just a thought. :blush

Hope you get the problem resolved soon. It must be very frustrating!

Cheryl, a couple possibilities.

First, are you accessing all these computers from a work location? If so, is it possible that your employer has added new blocks to the types of sites that can be accessed from their network?

Next, if you're accessing from home, it's possible that a network pipe is broken somewhere along the route traveled through the internet from your home computer to your ISP to the CPC site. I would suggest calling your ISP and see if they can figure out why you can't access the site. It could be a problem on their end, or it could be a problem anywhere in between. They can send a "ping" request and hopefully figure out where the problem is occurring.

If your ISP can figure out that there's a short term problem with a server somewhere along the road, they may tell you you'll just have to wait. If they find out there's a long-term problem, they can rearrange the route they take to get to CPC.

Let us know if you can determine if either of these issues is the problem.

I'm on dedicated cable. Also, after running a permissions on my Mac, I called my ISP, they said to wait it out. If it's not working my tomorrow morning, call them back and they'll come out and run a check on my lines. CPC is the only site I can't access. It's so weird.

I'm on my Mac at home. There's no block from a boss. I just thought of something I can try. I'll access CPC's ISP address and ping that from this computer. If it pings, then back to the drawing board. Guess I can work on that new design I've been working on.

I've been having trouble for quite a few weeks now. Instead of getting to CPC, I get sent to the MSN search page and have to access CPC through the cached page and once in, I have to keep searching via cached pages. It only happens sometimes with no rhyme or reason as to why. I'm on dial-up and it only happens with CPC, either through my bookmark or typing the address in.

• 1 month later...

Just so you all know, I'm having the exact same problem! I have not been able to access CPC for a few days now. I have NO problems with any of the other regular sites I visit and have tried clearing cache, rebooting, you name it. Maybe it's a Florida thing? LOL

:bang I haven't been able to access it in the last few days either. So it's not florida . I think im going threw cpc withdrawl i look at the site alot. So it's kinda driving me crazy. :coo

Archived