Calling all Hockey Fans!

AngiR

Last summer, my friends and I attended Stitch & Pitch; an event where knitters and crocheters could receive discounted tickets and a bag of goodies at a baseball game. The Texas Rangers were good enough to host the even in Arlington TX. This was in July. Outside. In Texas.

Which made those of us there wistfully thinking of cooler temps. Like Ice Hockey game cold. Which got us then thinking, Dallas has a hockey team, and doesn't hockey and knitting just seem to go together? Hmmm? After all, players don't wear jerseys, they wear sweaters.

So, to make a long story short, and with the help of several people, there is going to be discounted tickets available to knitters and crocheters who are willing to actually knit or crochet during the game. The tickets are going to be $22 for a game at the American Airlines Center near downtown Dallas on March 18. To order tickets call 214-387-5549.

I'm also going to be posting a link to a PDF of the order form on my blog, so you can go ahead and find it there. Just click on the link and save it to your drive. It won't be there for very long. We'll see how my bandwidth holds up.

Here is the location: http://www.justanotherblog.com/?p=137

OH man! I wish they did that here in L.A.! I would definitely be there!

Actually we did it ourselves. One of the ladies I know got the name of the person who handles group sales for the Stars and they worked with her to get the event set up.

Try it! You could start a new Annual Event!

i love this...i live in wichita falls and am going to try and come. i am going to look at my calendar right now and see if i can fit this in. i would love to meet others from the 'ville and get to sit and crochet together for a couple of hours.

Wow, that sounds like it would be fun! Unfortunately I doubt they would do something like that in Canada as they have no problems getting the tickets sold, especially in Toronto where you're lucky if you can get them for less than $200 a ticket, I know a lot of people here that would love to be able to get them for $20 whether they were crocheting or knitting or not.

Oh, and they actually DO call them hockey jerseys...;)

And all these years I've been thinking wrong. :eek Thanks for correcting me!:clap

they are called jersey's but are also traditionally called sweaters(thats what they used to be, before polyester.... sorry, you both are right!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_jersey

i wish we could get buffalo to set something like this up, for the two games we had tickets to, my husband FORBADE me to bring anything i was working on, but if my crochet could get him discounted tickets maybe he'd change his mind!!!

Archived