3 Strand Toy Box

jessc031778

OK...so my younger DD has about a million Duplo blocks that are ALWAYS everywhere...so I made a big thing to hold them all...and this earned me MAJOR stashbusting points too!! She helped me pull out all my yarn and pull all my partial skeins and this is what I worked up...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/jessc031778/00024.jpg

And it's just big enough to hold all the blocks she's got now, so if she gets more, I'm going to have to figure something else out LOL!!!

Jessie

Great job and way to go on the stashbusting. :cheer They have some box type things (?) in the latest issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet; I have been eyeing them for gifts or even for my own kids. (I just cleaned out two toy boxes and rearranged their room and it's a mess again....) :rolleyes

You cleaned up in two ways. :hook Your yarn and made an organizer for your dd's toys. :) How cool is that?

Tina

Haha, if she gets more blocks, you can always just rejoin the yarn to the top, and add some more rounds until it's tall enough for the new ones! :lol Looks great!

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol Took the words right out of my mouth.:think

Great idea.

Thanks everyone!! I just did this up...I had to do a few decreasing rounds, just to get the sides to stay more or less upright....so the opening is smaller than the bottom...but I did remember to write out what I did with this, so I can always make a few extra to help contain all the toys LOL...and I have a feeling that my older DD is going to want one too, even though her toys are contained (for now)....

Jessie

Actually, what she seems to love doing the most is dumping everything out of the bag, grabbing one of her hooks and a book, plopping the bag in front of the TV (if it's on) and sitting inside the bag...hook in one hand, book in the other...and watch TV....I'm going to take a pic of her doing this tomorrow to share with y'all LOL!!

Jessie

Someone always beats me to the punch--I'm not mad though. Such a simple design and way to purpose a yarn stash has never occured to me. SOOOOO smart & useful.

We've got one like that in purple & white...and I thought I was such a genius for thinking it up myself. :lol

Great job! :clap

That is a great idea for the duplo blocks. Cupcake is right they are tough to hve underfoot but even worse are the regular size legos. I bet that would work well as she gets older and the blocks get smaller. great job :applause

Chrissy

Archived