Yoga Mat Bag

gretelgrrl

Hello!

I made this yoga mat bag for my sister-in-law for Christmas.

I tried following this pattern:

www.birdnest.org/nelsone2...anaBag.htm

This was my third project, so I kind of messed up on the directions here: :blush

Repeat Rounds 7-9 until your circle has a tube about 3" shorter than your yoga mat's width (the height when it is rolled up).

When you go back to 7 it used to say:

Round 7: ch 3 (you know what that means!) 1 dc

into each dc from previous round. sl st to join.

(60)

What I did is dc into each dc from before the sc. So I have the dc looping back over my 2 rows of sc. :nono Unfortunately, I didn't get that it was wrong until the next day when I carefully looked at the picture of her finished project online and noticed the difference between mine and hers. I was 3/4 the way done by then. :th

I sent Emily Nelson and email and she fixed her right away and was really sweet and helpful about it.

Anyway, I ended up just keeping going in the same way. I looked at it again after taking a break from it and was actually liking what I saw. I think it was a happy accident.

I think her pattern and bag is really beautiful, but I am fine with the way mine turned out. If I make another, I want to follow her directions :) However, it is super-strong (it's like, Double Stitched!) and my sister in law likes it.

No frogs here!:frog

Anyway... here are the pics. Let me know what you think.

The bag

YogaMatBagStanding.bmp

Close up on my "creative" stitching...

YogaMatBagStitchCloseUp.bmp

Top of the bag with Drawstring:

YogaMatBagTop.bmp

Bottom Detail of the Bag.

YogaMatBagTopBottom.bmp

Thanks for looking!

What a great idea. I just got myself a pilates mat the other day and was thinking about how to keep it rolled up!! I really like the colours.

Bec

Wow! Fast reply :) I'm glad you like the colors, I was second-guessing them.

I want to add to my old post that I intend to weave in the ends when she visits this week... I just hadn't done it in time for christmas :)

How neat! That color looks familiar, I have an afghan someone made for me from that same yarn, I think :lol Great job, yours is just as nice as the one on the pattern!

Jen

Thank you all for the positive feedback!

I really appreciate it!

I just used red heart cheapo-yarn. I can't remember the color name exactly - but I think it was like "Fiesta Jewel" or something like that. Then I used sage green for the top and the strap.

I highly recommend it. It was an fast and easy project that makes a wonderful - and useful - gift that is pretty unique.

I love that she thought of such a great idea and let me use her pattern!

:cheer2

Archived