**Completed Pic post #26**Squares needed for a ghan for a friend

ChayaSar

Hey ladies and gents. I know there are always a lot of requests for squares for various things. But I would really appreciate any that could be sent my way. My friend Holly in Texas has asked me to make a comfortghan for her friend Sandra. Sandra recently found out that she has breast cancer, and there is a chance that it has spread to her lungs, and she is refusing to have the tests done for fear of finding out. We ar praying that she changes her mind, and allows herself to know the extent of her illness.

Sandra is a HUGE JEff Gordon fan, and I would like to make her a comfortghan in his Dupont Car colors. These are Navy Blue, Red, and Yellow. I am asking for 6" squares in these color or any combination of these colors. In basic red heart super saver, or caron regular (not the soft of either).

If you think you can send me even just 1 square by the end of February, please let me know in a pm and I'll send you my mailing address. Thanks in advance!

***** I'm going to update this post with pics of the progress so that it is easy to find! Here are the first 2 rows that I have joined. Also, all those posts where my camera wasn't working with the computer.... I bought a reader today, so all of them have been updated with the pictures of the squares!!! I'm about 95% sure that the pics are all on the right posts, :lol

th_sandraghanprogress.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has sent me a pm, and those who posted in here! This is great! C-ville really is the filled with the best people on Earth. The giving spirits of you all never ceases to amaze me. I'll be sure to post pics and thank-you's as I begin to receive the squares! You are all great!! So far 25% of the squares needed for the ghan have been pledged to me, and I really really appreciate it! And I know that Sandy will as well! You all rock!

:ghug

I will be happy to send you four of them, Everyone did such a great job send them to me....I will spread the love and crochet you a few. Just PM me with your address.

I want to post another thank-you! All the pm's the size of the hearts of all you wonderful ladies! It is truly overwhelming how everyone pulls together!! I have gone from the prospect of making 48 suares alone to making only around24! Thank-you all so very much!!! :cheer:clap for all of you!

I received squares today from Mary (Salos), thanks so much for your thoughtfulness, and the speed at which these were delivered, wow! :yay:cheer:hug :hug :hook

Thanks a bunch!

Here is what was sent:

th_Salos_sandrasquares.jpg

I want to send a big :hug and a thank-you to Christi (CDBEAR) for sending me these beautiful squares to use on Sandra's comfortghan. Thanks so much!! They are great!

th_cdbearsandrasquares.jpg

I will update this post with a picture later, but I am on my way out the door, so can't do the picture thing atm. But a big :ty needs to be sent to pineknott for sending me 9 beautiful squares which I received about 5 minutes ago! Thanks Linda for your thoughtfulness!!

th_2007014.jpg

:ty kambicon for the 2 beautiful navy squares you sent me!

my usb cord for my camera isn't working so again no pictures, but I'm hoping to get if fixed soon, it's driving me batty, I have a ton of pics to upload, :lol

But :hug:hook Kambicon for your thoughtfulness!

th_2007019.jpg

I want to send a big :ty and a :hug to sherri! I received your squares just moments ago! They are great!! :hug

I'm going to start the edging on the squares I have received so far sometime this week. I'll be getting a new camera later this month, so by the time I receive all the squares and assemble them, I should be able to post a pic.. mine unfortunately doesn't want to communicate with my computer..... maybe I can try it on the one upstairs.. we'll see.

Anywho, Big :hug to sherri!!

***P.S. I LOVE the teenage mutant ninja turtle paper! Super cute!

th_2007023.jpg

thank-you so much marleen for the 9 beautiful squares I received today they are wonderful :hug:yay I really like the fleece ones you did, I'm gonna have to steal that idea for future projects!!

th_2007038.jpg

Lucy I also received your 4 beautiful squares today!! They are perfect and will fit right in with their new friends :hug :hug :yay:woo

th_2007039.jpg

Clara, I also received 3 wonderful squares today! I love that one with the spike stich, looks real neat! I'll be trying to figure that one out!

th_2007034.jpg

All you ladies have been such a blessing to me. It has really uplifted me to know that strangers can care so much about a "screename" here on the ville. I can't put into words how wonderful an experience putting these squares together has been. Every time i see that orange/yellow color in the mail box my heart just sings!!

Ok, I'm really loving getting the mail everyday!! I received some more squares today :yay:cheer:clap

2 beautiful navy squares from Wanda, :ty so much :hug they are great!!

th_wandasquares.jpg

4 wonderful squares from Leoism.... hun it's still tripping me out that you sent these even though you had a baby on the 11th :hug :hug :ty:cheer you are wonderful! And I saw the pic of your angel, too cute!!!!

th_leoismsquares.jpg

Thank-you everyone for all the love you have shown!! It is amazing!! I just counted em all up, and I have more than needed for the ghan! But don't worry, I have quite a few more comfortghans in the works, and every square sent to me will be used for a comforghan for someone who needs it!

You ladies are all wonderful, :ty so much!

Archived