Finished poncho plus matching hat

faithpa76

This started out as the LB granny poncho (pattern is an adult size, this poncho is a girls' size 3 or 4). Some stuff stayed the same but I changed a few things, too. This is the one that my friend's sil wants to buy from me. My problem is that I look at it and see imperfections - how do you sell something that way?? Am I too much of a perfectionist?

The color and lighting is terrible ... I need to take a pic w/ my dh's camera so I get the true colors (and you can actually see the detail on the flowers on the ties, I love those!). It's a beautiful yarn and it's a shame that my camera just kills it ... it's some that I inherited from my mom's stash.

Here's a better pic, plus I decided to try making a hat to go with it on a whim. So much fun!!

DSC02932b.jpg

Thanks for looking and all your lovely comments! I feel better now.

Yep it's pink and grey ... dang camera!! I'm looking at the poncho on my desk and the pic on my screen and they don't look anything alike! :rotfl

It's a regular little girly pink, and the grey is there but much more subtle than in the pic. Must see if I can get a better one taken.

I think we are always (and I do mean ALWAYS) our own biggest critics.

When I look at that poncho.. I just see cuteness!

:bow Take a bow! It looks terrific! :thumbsup

It looks great to me! Go ahead and sell it =) One, if there are imperfections, they sure aren't noticable to others. Two, if they were noticable, someone in this group would be able to see them, and no one has *g* and three if she's not a crocheter, she'll never know it's got a couple of imperfections. and Last... that's the beauty of handmade items, no matter how good one is, we're all human, there's bound to be at least one mistake or imperfection in every project.

I may get it wrong because my memory sucks, but istr that the Amish (maybe??) purposely put mistakes into everything they craft, because only God can make something that is perfect. So you could just look at it that way ;)

Very cute, Faith! And you're not the only one with the "imperfections" problem...I make very minute mistakes and think "oh, my whole project is doomed" while even people who crochet tell me "I didn't even notice, it's nothing, don't worry about it". I think we're a little too hard on ourselves.

Marvie...I don't think it's the Amish...I believe it's a certain Indian tribe that does that. I can't remember the name at the moment.

Chelle that hat was inspired by your granny skull cap! I started out using that pattern but the top wasn't coming out right (sport weight yarn, so I needed another increase round), so while I ended up doing something different your pattern got me started! So thank you! :)

very cute !! love the flower accents :)

I tend to be a perfectionist also actually.. the way I gauge it is this.. if I can see it easily then I either frog it or scrap it or keep it for myself lol... if I have to look for it, or if I can cover it somehow then I let it go on as 9 times out of 10 others won't see it or know where to look for it. As long as the shape and pattern are right and the colors work I generally leave it be.. but I have several afghans here at home that will never go anywhere because I bodged them well and truly :lol

I love it! The flowers are my favorite too!

I am a bit of a perfectionist too! I have really enjoyed crocheting because imperfections blend in and don't stand out. They are also easier for me to get over, with crochet.

Great job and I did not see anything wrong!

Archived