Crochet on All My Children-Sad day.

CLLinda

For all you All my Children fans, it is a sad day in Pine Valley.

Dixie Martin is dead. Her sister Di was cuddled up in a pretty black and colorful afghan, crying for her sister. Just as Tad started trying to date her again. He will be heartbroken forever.

Just had to share.

:manyheart

I haven't watched it in years and yet I know exactly who you are talking about!

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing! Wow, it's been at least 10 years since I watched it, wonder if anyone even looks the same (with all the plastic surgery that I'm sure goes on :lol, not to mention replacement actors). Too funny!

Oh, my. I haven't watched that show in at least 15 years and I can't believe I still recognize the character names... I guess I was quite a fan - my youngest daughter is named Tara after a character that was on in the '70s!:eek

Dixie's gone? Oh, very sad day...and hey, I remember Tara...Tara and Phil, I can still see the two original actors who played them when the show premiered in 1970!

As I can't see All My Children unless I'm in the states, I would have missed the afghan...

If I'm not mistaken the original Philip is now back on the show as of about 2 months ago.

It's not Philip, it's Jeff and he's been back on around 4 or 5 months.

Personally I didn't find it sad. I'm angry about it and I'm not the only one. Go to any soap board and you'll see most fans are ticked. Dixie just came back from being 'dead' a year ago. She was about to find her daughter and she and Tad were about to get back together. Cady (the actress) and the producers had a falling out and she was fired. To make sure that door was closed they killed her again on screen which makes it really difficult (but never impossible for soaps) to come back again.

I was really surprised and saddened that they killed off Dixie. I have been watching (off and on) since the summer the show first aired. I think I was about 9 but I had a 19 ys sister wo watched faithfully. SHe babysat me during the summer so I remember when Tara, Phillip, Chuck, Jeff, and Erica were in High School and Phillip went off to Vietnam.

Dixie and Tad were a hugh story line in the 80's. I can't believe they didn't have Palmer there. He was her uncle and the reason she was introduced ont eh show in the first place.

Yes I saw the Afghan.

Have you noticed how all the girls on AMC run aroung dressed like its summer. It's filmed in NYC. THen over on GH the girls are all dressed ing scarves, hats and sweaters and it's filmed in LA, go figure.

It is aggravating that Dixie is dead again. In December, they were leading to the fact that "Kathy" may be Tadd and Dixie's child, and then they kill off Dixie. So Now will Kathy be Tadd's daughter and be taken from Julia, or will he and Julia get together. Anything can happen on the soaps.

:manyheart

Well, since the actress who plays Julia is pregnant in real life, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before "Julia" finds out she's pregnant, thereby softening the blow of giving Kathy to Tad.

To comment on the topic, though, I saw the afghan today. Tad said that Dixie made it and that she had planned on making another for Kate. I was waiting to see if he'd say "crochet," but they just went with "made."

Why would Greenlee kill her friends? She was only angry at Kendall. That wouldn't be like Greenlee at all to kill anyone, especially her friends. Granted she didn't like Babe and didn't know Erin but still.

Signs are pointing to Raymond, Zach's mother's lover, who shows up next week. I'm not convinced it'll be him either.

I catch AMC when I can. I find it a bit amuzing that Dixie is dead AGAIN. I'm sad to see her go though.

As for her killer, has anyone thought that it might be Julia? Maybe Julia knew that Tad and Dixie were about to take her daughter from her. Just a thought

Archived