5 testers FOUND for challenging pattern (no more needed, please!)

Melissa

Kristie,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she gets better soon.

Wow!!:eek You guys are quick!! I'm only half way through the sleeve, well I did start over. I am using a 5.00 hook stitched tightly, for the sleeve. So far so good!

chaco.jpg

Chaco is done!!

My youngest has already claimed him as hers.:lol

The hardest part of the pattern is assembly. Getting the beak sewn to the lining is challenging.

OH.. another suggestion, expecially with the beak, it would be helpful if you bet at the beginning, "Starting at tip of beak and working up"

All 3 of my girls love the parrot!

I think Libby has a virus this time... unfortunately, what takes a normal healthy person 2-3 days to get over, it takes her 2-3 weeks.:(

I got LOTS of crocheting done last night while I sat up with her! (2am to 4 am)

Wow Kristen and tiggerhale, you guys are fast!!:eek

Your Chaco's look great! :cheer

I am almost done crocheting all of the parts, I thought I had black yarn but forgot I used it up last week :blush I bought a skien tonight, so as soon as I get the black sections done I'll be able to assemble it...hopefully I will be done tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. :hook

I've been sitting doing my Chaco for most of the morning. You ladies are lightening fast! I'm upto about round 22 of the body at the moment (feel like I'm way behind).

The sleeve on mine is too small for my hand as well, but when this is done I"m giving it to a friends toddler so her hand will fit ok!.

I initially did the beak linings with a hook that was too small, and had to start again. I've also been tired from the heat mixed with the fact that I'm pregnant, so I hope it stays cool for a while so I can finish him off quick!

Belinda oxox

You guys are awesome! I'm really kind of puzzled that no one can fit their hand in the parrot - I've always thought I had largish hands (although I will cop to skinny wrists). I'll have to amend the pattern to more accurately reflect the sizing. Unless you think it's possible that everyone who volunteered to test has giant hands? No?

Pardon me, please, while I wander off to stare speculatively at my arms...

actually, im kinda happy to hear that the sleeve is too small for some of you other ladies. I thought it was just me...and that i had freakishly huge hands. sadly i wasnt able to work on chaco at all today...i did some housework that ive been neglecting. i only have assembly to do now, and i agree with kristie....thats the hardest part...still have one wing and the tail to attach, then ill post pics, thanks again for letting me test this for you.

Melissa - that's too funny about the hands!

I will admit to LONG fingers:P ....Not counting my thumb, across my knuckles is 3 1/2 inches and at the widest part (bottom of thumb joint), I'm about 4 1/4 across (strictly unscientific measurement):pencil.

I did really enjoy the pattern - assembly was tricky and I like a challenge...

Now I'm off to assemble the dinosaur I crocheted while crocheting the bird...what I really found initeresting, Melissa, was that you employeed very similar techniques to my Annie's Attic Dynamic Dinosaurs pattern! (and of course, it tickles my mind b/c dinosaurs and birds are cousins....:hook )

It may take me another day or 2 to finish up. I am also having trouble with the sleeve being too small. I have broad hands and it doesn't fit me and just barely goes on my sisters hand (she has normal sized hands) I'm going to rework it with a size larger hook and see how that works.

No problems at all with the rest of the pattern though.

I've gotten everything else completed except the feet so hopefully it won't take much longer. :)

Stormy,

Let us know how it works w/a larger hook...I'm curious to see how that will work. Unfortunately, I have no more of the vivid blue:eek of Bleu's tail or I'd make myself another one:hook

(My kids, on the other hand, have no trouble using the puppet - they're having a great time!)

Ok...I have finished...he is so freakin cute. Problem is I have no batteries in my camera...i know, it sucks. I still cant get my hand in there but I am thinking of stuffing him completely and making him just a nice stuffed animal. We'll see...My god son is coming over and if he likes it then its his. I loved making it, and I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow...Gotta run to walmart...lets see if i can stay away from the yarn section.....

I finished my Chaco last night. The size H hook worked out really well for the sleeve...it fits me now!

I posted pics here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43842

Thanks for letting me test!:hookI didn't really have any problems...I don't have my notes with me but the only thing I found was on one of the rnds (I'll look it up in a bit) I thought that should have been a ch 1 at the start because it started with a sl st.

Just letting you know that I'm still working on mine. I'm upto assembly, which should hopefully be done by tomorrow morning (if my hand doesn't break off after spending a few hours trying to get as much done as I could this morning).

Belinda xoxo

Awesome! You guys are great testers. :hug Thanks for pouring yourselves into the marathon!

I'll make a notation about the sleeve size, definitely, and try to incorporate your suggestions for clarity into it. I'm glad I have the opportunity to have my work tested by "real users" and to get your input. It's how I improve!

Archived