My 1st attempt at felting.....

Jakswalk

Well, it didn't turn out like I had hoped it would. The verigated yarn was only 35% wool so of course, it's not felting as much.

I ran out of the verigated so I made the handles in green 100% wool. Those felted great.

However, I made it pretty large because I thought all of it was going to shrink some. Not so far. Right now, it's still huge! :think:eek

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/jakswalk/Feltedbag2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/jakswalk/Feltedbag1.jpg

Angie, it still looks great!

Last night I finished - and felted my 1st piece - a large dog blanket for my G shep who chews everything... It is wavy in places, and I had to wash it twice to get it completely felted, but the stiches and yarn are all interlocked as they should be, so hopefully this blankie will last!

I took a pattern and increased it by at least 2 when I saw the size of the dog modeling the pattern (I should have written it down:( )

I'll post a pic later...

I was so excited, and even DH - when he touched and saw how thick it was - was amazed!

Angie,

It looks great, my first attempt wasnt too bad , but my second I tried to boil (not good idea) and the colors faded and it looks like green mud. But my last on was soooo much better. It is on here look for dniece. I am half way through my next one! :)

Diane

loverly colours......my next project will be a felted bag.....I had the same as you last time I did some felting, some of the yarn I used had less wool in it, Im thinking that maybe I will make up some small squares and felt them to see how they come out before I make my next bag, I love the colours you used here, very pretty! :)I think the effect on your bag is very soft.

Thank you all. I was a little disappointed that it didn't shrink more, but I was excited to see how the 100% wool felted. Really cool. I'm going to try again with 100% wool on something else and see how it does.

I appreciate all the encouragement!!:hug

I think that's super cute! What kind of yarn did you use? I might try it myself for the same effect.

I've noticed in LYS's that they display knitted items that have various degrees of felting. Some still have a lot of stitch definition, others don't at all. I like how yours looks.

It's Yarn Bee yarn and I think it's made by Hobby Lobby. I love it. It has some ribbon detail in with the wool. The handles are Lion Brand 100% wool. I ran out of the other yarn to make the handles. LOL

Archived