JulieKay

Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Thank you for the birthday wishes! :manyheart The day started out a little strange...a neighbor called at 6:30 and asked if I could take her kids to school. She had a flat tire. Her DH was home, so not sure what was going on there,:think but I took them to two different schools and am home for the day!

Julie ~ Love your poem! :D

Now to catch up with posts, start laundry - be back soon!

good morning!!

good mornin!

Here we are again, another friday, and January is just about over- where does the time go? I can tell you that my days go by very quickly and being in here chatting adds to the speed as well. Yesterday was a hoot---Thank you Julie and Cindy!

Julie----Love,:manyheart your poem/song...I was singing it to myself!

Marissa---sorry to hear your day was not so hot! The doily thing......I think we should opt for "MY" doily suggestion---lol. You and I will admit it! :) Hope today is much brighter for you all the way around!

Mary:bday hope you have a great day!

Marlene: How did the auction go? I enjoyed sloppy joes the last couple days also...Yum yum yum!

Linda: Where are yoU? We are all anxiously awaiting the update! Hope all is well.

Good morning to all the rest of you!!! Now I can't keep up on everyone, I lost my mind a long time ago and I don't have a memory worth anything!

Cindy grandfully posted me a picture for ya'lls Christmas gift this year......your options are-: A. Underpants B. Doily A. Underpants C. Poodle toilet paper covering or D. A dress for your dishsoap! :laughroll:laughroll

Love to you all! I'm here in and out allllll day! Have a great day!

Dusti ~ I'll bet you and the girls are getting excited about your trip! With your winters, it must seem like another world when you step off the plane in Hawaii. :yes

Kiyo ~ I hope things work out for you and your BF. And Jamaica would be such a wonderful place to have a wedding!

Shannon ~ Hi! I'm glad things are going better for you and sure hope the migraines stay away. :hug I am blessed to have a sewing/craft room, but it's far from perfect. :lol It needs a good decluttering - on my to do list!

Faile ~ It's good to see you again!

Cheeria ~ Your scarves are lovely.:clap How long does it take you to weave one?

Linda ~ Thinking of you all and hope Kim is okay. :manyheart

Did I tell you I'm making another quiltghan? :hook It's the December pattern from Patchwork Afghans Thru the Year...the blocks are each one evergreen "Christmas" tree. Maybe it will be done by Christmas. :lol I think I remember Dusti making the pattern on the cover of this book? :think It's a really pretty pattern!

There were soooo many pages to read through this morning, but I had the greatest laugh as I read about your OLD Club. :rofl I am the same age as Kiyo, so does that qualify my as 'adoptable' by you crochet elders?? I am game :hook And, FYI, I had a hope chest (handmade by my lovely grandfather) before I got married. I have already started one for each of my girls, though theirs are large Rubbermade totes, because they fit in the basement better, and they will (hopefully) float, if/when we get flooded :lol For those new to my situation, we come really close most springs to getting evacuated due to flood waters backed-up from the Red River of the North over 85 miles away.

Anyway, I have had a pattern for heart-shaped coasters made from thread sitting in my WIM pile for months. If you are all attempting thread projects, I think I should go shopping for red thread and whip up a few coasters :yes Oh goodie, an excuse to shop for yarn/thread :yay

So sorry to all of you that are dealing with excess snow, and the aches and pains that seem to go along with removing it :ghug We got an inch, yesterday, and another 4 are in the forecast for tonight. I LOVED your poem, Julie. You are a keeper, Friend :hug.

Mary ~ I agree, a bit of an odd request from your neighbor :shrug, but it was really nice you were able to help her out. Your 70*F sounds heavenly. I hope the sun shines on you all day long :sun

Marlene ~ I, too, love sloppy joes. Sounds like a great lunch idea for this weekend :yes. I started putting out decorations for Valentine's Day, yesterday, too. I do not have many, I realize, but the girls oohed and aahed at the pink and red and white frillies, so it was worth it. I made them a super-sweet, heart-shaped dessert pizza last night that was a huge hit. Have a good day on your end!

LeAnna I loved your swan doily :drool. The goldfish purse and gingerbread purse were both fantastic. Such projects you undertake!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Joy and Peachy :welcome. Just jump in, anywhere. It's good to have you.

Joanne ~ I hope your day continues to go smoothly. By the time you read this, you will be home, but I hope you are safe on your communte. The most snow your area has had in 62 years?! Wow, aren't you feeling lucky you get to experience it? :lol Just be careful in it. You must have needed the rest last night -- great to hear you had such a restful sleep.

Cheeria ~ pretty scarf :yarn You must be getting the snow, too. Be careful, if you have to go out :hug

Julie ~ I'll do my best to detour our snow away from y'all :lol. You are probably right, that our weather patterns are responsible for your icky, winter weather, too. Bummer, isn't it? :thumbdown I'll see what I can do about sending it north :2snowJust so you know, I'm not all that fond of it, either :P

Linda ~ :hug Here's hoping you John get to bring Kim home, today. I hope she had a good night, and that her tests did not reveal any bigger problems.

I'm off, M'friends. Have a good Friday!

Dusti ~ I'll bet you and the girls are getting excited about your trip! With your winters, it must seem like another world when you step off the plane in Hawaii. :yes

Did I tell you I'm making another quiltghan? :hook It's the December pattern from Patchwork Afghans Thru the Year...the blocks are each one evergreen "Christmas" tree. Maybe it will be done by Christmas. :lol I think I remember Dusti making the pattern on the cover of this book? :think It's a really pretty pattern!

I can hardly WAIT to get to Hawaii :hot Sunshine, sand, sunshine, yummy food... Yes, our departure draws nearer, but I am not ready, yet. YIKES! This weekend's agenda includes packing clothes for the girls and making a few lists to get my thoughts organized. We leave Feb. 15, and we do not return until Mar. 12 this year, which makes it our longest trip in awhile. Ahhhhh, I can almost feel the calm ocean beaches if I close my eyes...wait, that's the draft through this not-insulated-enough wall :lol I'd better get moving and start working in the kitchen, shortly. The heat from the oven will warm up the house a bit.

I started that afghan, Mary, you are right. I just loooove the looks of all of them. I think my monster Double Irish Chain pushed the mere WIP into a box in the basement. Hmmmm, I should go looking for it, now that you mention it. Are you thinking that you will do fewer panels and make a smaller afghan than the original pattern? It is a nice one, and I have contemplated starting it, too. There just are not enough hours in a day :lol

I can hardly WAIT to get to Hawaii :hot Sunshine, sand, sunshine, yummy food... Yes, our departure draws nearer, but I am not ready, yet. YIKES! This weekend's agenda includes packing clothes for the girls and making a few lists to get my thoughts organized. We leave Feb. 15, and we do not return until Mar. 12 this year, which makes it our longest trip in awhile. Ahhhhh, I can almost feel the calm ocean beaches if I close my eyes...wait, that's the draft through this not-insulated-enough wall :lol I'd better get moving and start working in the kitchen, shortly. The heat from the oven will warm up the house a bit.

I started that afghan, Mary, you are right. I just loooove the looks of all of them. I think my monster Double Irish Chain pushed the mere WIP into a box in the basement. Hmmmm, I should go looking for it, now that you mention it. Are you thinking that you will do fewer panels and make a smaller afghan than the original pattern? It is a nice one, and I have contemplated starting it, too. There just are not enough hours in a day :lol

Hmmmm....I want to see this book! That sounds like an awesome afghan! How do I look it up?

Morning Mary !

Nice of you to help out a neighbor ! A Happy Birthday in Reverse ! You do a good deed for someone else on your special day .

Hi there Dusti

Sounds like you will have a real nice warm vacation coming up !

Kiyo

I pick a doily for MY next year's Christmas gift,so get cracking, girlfriend .

ahaahahhahaaaaaa Julie----you will get a little "GIFT WRAPPING" lol so you can have a multi functional package !!!! lol

Dusti---can I fit in a suitcase??? I want to go!

post-35667-135897621464_thumb.jpg

The outfit is adorable, Kiyo! You are so talented - thanks for sharing pictures. :yes

Off I go to play with my yarn and hook for a while. :hook

hello

we all playing yarn and hook today :)

got the cribs finished,how you all doing?

I am adding more to the afghans for the boys today.

added green and red.

amazing by adding a little each day how much they grow.

:clap:cheer:c9

have a fantastic weekend,I am shopping for yarn tomorrow..yey :)

:manyheart

Awww....so cute!!!!!:clap

Kiyo ~ Here is a link to the book...I've ordered from this site and they're great!

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=LA2866

You now have th eunofficial tilte of enabler.

I just ordered the book:lol

And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!!!

:bday:cake:fame:party:birthday:ghug:flower

Hi Joy !

Kiyo

May I just suggest that you save your THONG yarn for a King sized bedspread ?

Remember, i'm an old lady and am GRANDMA SHAPED,so I am sqishy like a big bunch of pillows .

Alas.... I think a THONG would get lost in the crowd .

:ladybug51 days till Spring:rabbit:bee:frog

Hi Joy !

Kiyo

May I just suggest that you save your THONG yarn for a King sized bedspread ?

Remember, i'm an old lady and am GRANDMA SHAPED,so I am sqishy like a big bunch of pillows .

Alas.... I think a THONG would get lost in the crowd .

JULIE YOU'RE KILLING ME! I first said Judy, lol oooops! I am making mine to fit me which are Tent sized, so it's ok! :0) I will have plenty for a king size bedspread plus!

Hi there! Im new here! I just joined!

Welcome to Crochetville and the Our House CAL, Peachy!:welcome

Last Friday I finally went to the 3rd Friday of the month gathering that my friends have been nagging me about attending for the last year and a half. I took my cousin with me. Oh.my.goodness...the place was PACKED. It is quite the event. It goes from 4:00 until 9:00 (although people can come and go whenever), tables set up every where, show and tell and people bringing in food or ordering food from the cafe next door (which is truly a win/win for both businesses) and it is just amazing. I mean the Thursday socials I go to at this shop is usually one long table full of us knitting or crocheting and still there's room for more people...but this Friday night thing...wasn't sure there would be a chair for me, but they managed to find one...

This place just gets more popular as time goes by. Debbie Macomber's business plan seems to be what is painted over one of the doors of her shop: Where relationships are formed and traditions taught...

And she and the staff mean it. I have come to call the place the "Church of Yarn" There is always something going on. There is a two page schedule of classes (yes, mostly knitting, but that's because the lady that started up the Crochet Club (2nd Saturday of every month) felt that we learned more if we were a group just "showing each other stuff" and who knows, that might lead into her or me or someone else setting up a class for more experienced stuff that one could pay for...we'll see, but as far as beginning classes, she just feels like she's stealing their money...at least that's my take on it) and there are tons of opportunities to just hang out at the shop in a social setting without paying extra for the privilege. And it is amazing how far people will come to hang out at the shop. I, of course, come from Vashon, others come from Bremerton, or Tacoma or even Fort Lewis...and that's a drive...but come they will because as one put it, there is a wonderful yarn shop in her town, much closer, but for social gathering, they charge $15.00 a session. Another shop refuses to have any social gathering whatsoever (which is odd really because almost all yarn shops have some kind of social time...even the shop I lived next door to in Germany did and for no extra money...) But Debbie's shop is almost in a class by itself.

What's really cool is there is no snobbishness about whether one knits or crochets, whether what one is working on is made with yarn bought in that shop or with the Red Heart that one just bought that the Joann's across the street...and honestly because of that, the place at times just seems to be popping at the seams with customers...

It like Cheers, where eventually, everyone knows your name...

I am so jealous. Your yarn shop sounds like such a wonderful place to hang out with like minded folks.

I have a curtain on a small window that is filet crochet (another technique that some view as a 'grandmotherly' skill) and to me what makes that particular piece so not 'grandmotherly' is that its design is a unicorn. The piece was designed by a member here named Katchkan who actually lives in a neighboring town from me and years ago I was privileged to test for her. Eventually I really do need to make it's partner, the dragon...

Ooooooo....Where can I find the pattern for the dragon?

Kiyo

I think maybe me and Cindy should take you under our wings and HELP you to learn how to make a doily . :yes

( Cindy--- don't tell her I have NO CLUE how to make one !!!) :think

Since we are the Grandma's of the group,we need to pass on our wisdom to the grand-daughters. :grandma

Right ????:D

I'm one of those grandmothers, too. If you gals run into any problems let me know and I'll try to help since I've made lots of different doilies.

lol- Oooook! SOLD! Wait..........we could ALL be beginners- I saw a pattern to make some thong panties on Ravelry that looked a little like a doily???? lol I laughed. They were cool, not for me but cool!

Ewwwwwww!:yuck

Hi there House Family, how is everyone doing justy stopping by for a sec to say Hi and to share a picture of the two scarfs that I wove on one of my weaving looms.

Woven Scarfs 001

Beautiful, Cheria. :clap :clap :clap

Had 60 degree temp here today. Almost all the snow is melted. So of course what does the weatherman do? Forecast more for Monday with temperatures dropping over the weekend til then. :bang

QUESTION: What would be in your perfect craft room?

Hi, Shannon. My ideal craft room would have lots of shelving for books and stash. An area devoted to quilting. A couple of comfy chairs to sit in while crocheting or doing other handwork. Lots of good lighting. A stereo for playing soft music, or audio books. That'll do for starters. :D

I'm back and just look what I found for you:

http://twosisters.lothruin.com/cozies.html

You can start it right after your doilies are finished!

:lol :lol :lol

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland ........

Everywhere you go ...

Take a look at the icicles in your spouts,

Ready to rip loose ,without a doubt ...

It's beginning to look a lot Iceland

Snow on every road ....

But the prettiest sight to see is the melting that will be

In another month or 2 or 3 .......

A pair of snow boots and a snowblower that shoots

Is the wish of Cindy and Jude;

Kids that won't talk and will go for a walk

Is the hope of parents all over the land ;

And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for spring to start again.

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland

Ev'rywhere you go

There's a caved in roof in the No-Tell Motel,

one in your house as well,

From all the added weight of the snow.

Soon the sirens will start,

And the thing that will make them ring is the curse words that you sing

As you hit an icey patch

And fall on your ***

With icewater running through your heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The outfit is adorable, Kiyo! You are so talented - thanks for sharing pictures. :yes

Off I go to play with my yarn and hook for a while. :hook

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:birthday Happy Birthday, Marisa (a day late) and Mary! :birthday

John is working from the hospital today and I have the day off. Kim didn't have a good day yesterday. I was exhausted when I got home last night and just ate some supper and collapsed into bed. She threw up a lot and things just did not go well. Today's chest xray showed some improvement in the pneumonia. The doctor hasn't been in yet, but I'm pretty sure she won't be coming home today. John's going to be asking about whether we need to have oxygen on hand here at home for her. If so, we'll need to know what the criteria are for giving it to her. I can't help thinking that this is a rather major step downhill for her if she'll be needing it at home. We'll see.

You gals provided me with some much needed laughter as I was reading through the pages of notes to get caught up. Thank you so much! :manyheart

Hi Linda

we've all been wondering how things were . I'm sorry the news isn't better and Kim is having a rough time. I hope she will improve and be able to be back home soon ,but it doesn't sound like she is ready just yet .

Try to get some rest when you get the chance -- we dont want you getting too tired and worn out yourself .

Happy Birthday to Mary! Lots of birthdays this week huh?

Just got done noshing on fresh out of the oven banana, cinnamon chip and pecan muffins...

Trying to get a handle on my day...I want to be able to flake out around 3 and finish my socks...

Mmmmmmmm.......just ate some DELISHohhhh so yummy soup that my Mom put together for us here in the office! Good thing my Mommy works with me and takes care of us! I love her so. Now I think I need a nap!

Hey Cindy

Got the mini-heart doily done today . I think they should have called it a coaster . Way too tiny for a doily .

I'll get Sam to snap a photo when he gets home . Very easy to follow and complete ,so you should be able to get it done in a jiffy !

Hi Linda

we've all been wondering how things were . I'm sorry the news isn't better and Kim is having a rough time. I hope she will improve and be able to be back home soon ,but it doesn't sound like she is ready just yet .

Try to get some rest when you get the chance -- we dont want you getting too tired and worn out yourself .

Amen!:yes

Hey Cindy

Got the mini-heart doily done today . I think they should have called it a coaster . Way too tiny for a doily .

I'll get Sam to snap a photo when he gets home . Very easy to follow and complete ,so you should be able to get it done in a jiffy !

I dug out some pink and ecru thread in size 3 - mine should come out bigger...

Hi everyone, we had a lot of snow and my complex do not know where to put it neither do I. :think If you didn't move your car then the parking area don't get plow out, so the parking lot is a huge mess. They had to clear my spot since it's for handicapped access, but at first they had the ramp my DH use block with almost 2 feet of snow. :( This is really a messy snowy winter and all those who wished for snow during the warmest winter that we had in the past are now taking their wishes back. :lol I'm here with the little darlings and took them both out in the snow today, the baby in the stroller bundle up and Jaedon with his shavel and pail. All he wanted to do is play, play, play in the snow.

I see the house have been busy and their are new our house family joining, Hello and Welcome to you all.

:birthday:bday Mary and Marisa

Kiyo - loved the little cute out fit.

Julie - I smile when I read about the THONG :eek

Judy - Feb 12th sounds fine :manyheart

Leanna, Cindy, Joanne - Hey there :cheer

To those that wanted to know how long it takes to weave a scarf on a rigid heddle loom it took me 2 days, but some weave it in 2 hours. I only can weave when I have a moment to do so, so it took me longer. I'm getting to learn other weaving techniques for it's my hopes to try my hand at weaving dish towels. Weaving is the making of cloth so one of these days I will make enough cloth to make a felted purse, a rug, shawl or any other item made out of cloth. Fun stuff.

Got to run the babies are running and crawling around the house got to go get the baby. HUGS

Hello everyone. Finally home from work. It feels like it was an 18 hour day. very busy, and not really any fun at all. However, its over, and I have the weekend off.

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland ........

Everywhere you go ...

Take a look at the icicles in your spouts,

Ready to rip loose ,without a doubt ...

It's beginning to look a lot Iceland

Snow on every road ....

But the prettiest sight to see is the melting that will be

In another month or 2 or 3 .......

A pair of snow boots and a snowblower that shoots

Is the wish of Cindy and Jude;

Kids that won't talk and will go for a walk

Is the hope of parents all over the land ;

And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for spring to start again.

Ev'rywhere you go

There's a caved in roof in the No-Tell Motel,

one in your house as well,

From all the added weight of the snow.

Soon the sirens will start,

And the thing that will make them ring is the curse words that you sing

As you hit an icey patch

And fall on your ***

With icewater running through your heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie, you are so talented. Now I have that turn running through my head......