Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Our weather reports still don't know what kind of storm we'll be getting Tuesday night into Thursday:think

We just know it's going to be wet.:lol

As long as the temps climb a bit I'll be happy. They told everyone to stay indoors today - 5 minutes outside could result in frostbite! Haven't heard that kind of warning in a very long time....

'nite, everyone. :hug:manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone.

On Chinese and Japanese art the artist has a red stamp on the piece that is the characters for his name and it's called the artist's chop. It's how they sign their art. This class is supposed to be about creating something somewhat similar for us to sign our work with. I'll know more details after the class, but it sounds interesting.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Kim had another spell of major unsteadiness this afternoon about 3:30. She's better but not her usual self. Not sure what's going on, but I'm still hoping it's overtiredness. John's going to talk to the doctor's nurse tomorrow and she what the doctor thinks we should do if anything. It was like she couldn't keep her balance this afternoon and kept listing this way and that as we wove our way from the bathroom to the chair in the bedroom. He leg was supporting her, but it took a lot to keep her upright.

Linda,

I hope that Kim is ok- to me it sounds like it may be something more than overtiredness- I'm glad that John is going to call- -and I'm praying that all is ok. I agree with Cindy- it sounds like she may be experiencing some TIA's. Thanks for explaining the artists chop- very interesting. Can't wait to see what you come up with for yours after taking the class.

I finished the fourth strip of the flannel'ghan and weaved the ends and attached it. Only 1 more to go!!

Off for the night. See you in the AM.

Good morning!

Hope you all have a good day, whatever it is that's on your plate for the day. I have WW today at work- should be interesting- since I didn't go last week since I was off work. I slacked a bit this past week- so we'll see...........

Off to get ready for another early day in Paradise- and hopefully early ending to the day too- just have lots to do at work this week- it's a little crazy- and I am up early anyway so may as well go in while it's quiet!

See you on the flip side!

Hi, peeps!

Linda, I hope Kim is okay - wise to check, though...

We may be heading to Best Buy today - the TV off the kitchen, which is where I "live" most of the time, is going. It's ancient and time to upgrade - hubby's suggestion, not mine:D

BBL

Good morning ladies :hi I'm baaaaaaacccccccck :lol

and first........... :cheer :cheer LET'S GO STEELERS :cheer :cheer

My cousin and I drove up to my parents late morning on sunday and got in just after noon :yes We had 30-35 people at my parents house for dinner on sunday, which was all family maybe half from out of town and half that live in town. My mom and the nun's 2 sisters went to over to the convent to clean through her room and take out some of the sentimental things they wanted to keep, but left most of her things to donate at the convent to be used. There were alot of tears, but also alot of laughter too :yes In my family we tend to sit around reliving older fun memories :lol Monday morning the temp was -6 up there :eek (not quite as cold as Cindy though) We were at church by 7:45 since my dad was a pall bearer and had to help carry in the casket. My mother managed to hit me in the lip with the edge of the collage picture board they put together (I was laughing hysterically in the back of the church, she had no clue she did it either and I'm glad it was just us and the pall bearers at that point) We stayed at the church until after mass, which was at 11 and then there was a luncheon that the priest had organized. Everything was very nice overall. They are having the funeral this morning at 11 in south jersey, but I've decided not to go to that. I took my cousin to the airport this morning and now here I sit to check in with you ladies :D

I managed to work on the baby cardigan while I was home and now just have the sleeves to do :clap A cousin in pregnant so my mom asked me if I'd make a baby blanket for her. And I found that abour 4-5 relatives are somewhat near me :yay We're going to try to set up a lunch date next month :xfin My family is very large and it's difficult to keep in touch with the more extended part of it :(

Well, I think that about sums it up for my weekend, it was a long 2 days and I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. I'm glad we don't have the next sixers game until friday :whew There was one last night and I told Mary ahead of time I wouldn't be there so to take someone. I'll hear about it today at work :lol

Thank you so so much to all of your prayers, love, concern, sympathy, comfort, etc. I appreaciate and value you all as friends in my life and feel blessed to have 'met' you ladies :hug :hug :hug

LInda - Sorry about the scare with Kim and I agree with the others that it's a good idea for John to call on her :yes I'm also sorry to hear that you'll be cheering for Green Bay :(:lol How was the quilting and sewing show?

Kiyo - Your job makes ME tired :eek Pixie is adorable and the ghan is coming along great :yes

Marlene - My nephews went ice skating and we got pics of them with those walkers too :yes Great idea :idea Sorry to hear about your cousins daughter's fiance :hug :hug Prayers to the family and your right, she's too young for that kind of pain :hug :hug

Judy - Your baby ghan is going to be gorgeous :yes

Cindy - -15 degrees :eek That's even colder than up my parents in the poconos :yes I hope you kept cozy and warm!!!!

Cheeria - I hope all went well with your dr appt and your oil change. Did you enjoy some 'me' time following your errands?

Joanne - I have the pattern for that belle scarf sitting on the top of my pile ;) I'll be working on it soon :think I hope ww goes well today :xfin Glad to hear the ipad demo went well and you met some interesting people :yes Sorry you have to work this weekend :( What time until on saturday will you work?

Sherri - Be careful in the snow :hug

Mary - Wow! Spring cleaning already? You wanna come do mine? :devil:lol

Julie - I hope all is well :hug

Oh, did I mention my sis called my at midnight on sunday evening screaming uncontrollably into my ear after the steelers won :eek Woke me up :( Let's just say she was three sheets to the wind and she was AT the game!!!!

Alright, gotta run, but I'll catch you ladies later :yes

Morning everyone, :cheer I'm waiting for the lil ones to arrive so I decide to drop by, but I will be back later when I get a few moments to myself and the lil darlings are playing. It was a long day for me yesterday at the car dealership which I spent almost two hours just to get an oil change for they needed a special tool just to do an oil change on my car. :think So I didn't get to do any crafts until way into the late evening where I got to spend a hour weaving on my loom. :( Well got to run now the darlings are here. Hugs all around.

Judy - what ever the majority decide on the meet-up is okay for me but I really wanted all of us to get together so it's also okay if we wait for that to happen. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Cheeria, Hi!

Kiya, Your afghan is coming right along and looks really nice.

Linda, The classes you picked sound interesting. Hope all is okay with Kim.

Joanne, Bummer you have to work all weekend.

Judy, :clap for a new tv!

Were suppose to have a couple more nights in the 30's but a warm coming for the weekend. Can only hope the weather man is right.

I have the scarf up to 50" yestrday at the jam session. Talked to DD last night and she thinks I should make Maya's scarf another 10". She who doesn't crochet says if its to long we can take it out. No biggy.

Last night when we played cards I tried shuffling the cards and I can do it:clap. When we got here I couldn't do it.

We have a friend back home who has been pretty sick. We called all weekend trying to get a hold of them to check on him and couldn't get a hold of them. She doesn't drive after dark and I knew she would be home by a certain time if he was in the hospital. I even called the hospitals we have visited him at and it wasn't there. I even called the cable co. (they have there phone through them) and the phone line was working. So yesterday we tried some more so I called the city police and asked them to make a check on them. I told hubby something could of happen to the furnace then then you have carbon monoxide poisoning. The sherriff dept is located in there town to. They had 5 police cars show up. They are okay. The phone itself wasn't ringing in. So now we have there daughter and granddaughters phone numbers. Mary was thankful to that we cared enough to be worried about something being wrong. I even looked up the neighbors address and got there phone number and called them but they are both 88 and wasn't very helpful.

Have to scoot. Have a nice warm day everyone!

Good morning, house friends. Kim had a very restless night last night so now she's tired. Her vital signs are good, her breath sounds are good, her eyes are clear and alert. I don't know what's going on. We'll see what the doctor decides. It's lightly raining and I don't really want to take out in this, but we'll see what the decision is. I really hope it's not TIAs or a precursor for another big stroke. Please keep her in your prayers.

Marisa, I'm glad you are back and that the service was nice.

Marlene - glad to hear that your friends are okay.

The sewing & quilt expo in the second weekend in March. John decided he's going to stay home with Kim on both Thursday and Friday, so Rosie is going to use Kim's tickets and we'll go together on Thursday. Then I'll go by myself on Friday and Saturday to the rest of the classes. At least that's the current plan.

Catch you later. :hug

Linda, let Kim and John know that we're keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.....as I've said before, they're so lucky to have you!:hug

Marisa, your family sounds wonderful! I'm glad it all went well.

And at the dinners we have after funerals my family has also always found something fun to talk about regarding the deceased family member...of course it might also have something to do with the amout of alcohol imbibed....:P

Cheeria, Marisa left it up to us, and since you feel like I do - we'll wait for Joanne to have a Saturday off from work before we schedule another meetup!

Marlene we used to have similar things happen with my in-laws. Their phone would sometimes cut out (outdoor wiring) and they wouldn't know it because they never really called anyone. I made 2 trips down to check on them because I called and didn't get any answer before finally getting neighbors numbers...and a cell phone for them!

Hi Ladies,

Cheeria, Hi!

Kiya, Your afghan is coming right along and looks really nice.

Linda, The classes you picked sound interesting. Hope all is okay with Kim.

Joanne, Bummer you have to work all weekend.

Judy, :clap for a new tv!

Were suppose to have a couple more nights in the 30's but a warm coming for the weekend. Can only hope the weather man is right.

I have the scarf up to 50" yestrday at the jam session. Talked to DD last night and she thinks I should make Maya's scarf another 10". She who doesn't crochet says if its to long we can take it out. No biggy.

Last night when we played cards I tried shuffling the cards and I can do it:clap. When we got here I couldn't do it.

We have a friend back home who has been pretty sick. We called all weekend trying to get a hold of them to check on him and couldn't get a hold of them. She doesn't drive after dark and I knew she would be home by a certain time if he was in the hospital. I even called the hospitals we have visited him at and it wasn't there. I even called the cable co. (they have there phone through them) and the phone line was working. So yesterday we tried some more so I called the city police and asked them to make a check on them. I told hubby something could of happen to the furnace then then you have carbon monoxide poisoning. The sherriff dept is located in there town to. They had 5 police cars show up. They are okay. The phone itself wasn't ringing in. So now we have there daughter and granddaughters phone numbers. Mary was thankful to that we cared enough to be worried about something being wrong. I even looked up the neighbors address and got there phone number and called them but they are both 88 and wasn't very helpful.

Have to scoot. Have a nice warm day everyone!

THAT IS SCARY AND A BAD GUT FEELING!!! YIKES!! Whew.....glad all is well though!

**GOOD MORNING** as.....I write again.....I lost the last message I started! lol You will never guess what is happening here.......FINALLY!!! It's SNOWING!!! *** YEAAAAH! Aree and I are supposed to be skiing tonight, I'm excited. I wasn't going to ski but she said Mommy, please ski with me! OHHHHH K--I guess she wants me over her cousins! I'm good with that! :0)

Thank you for the compliments on my ghan! It is so soft with that fluffy mixed w/ it.

Marissa-glad to hear all went well---sad times for all, have to make the best of times. Dang getting hit in the mouth! lol kind of a situation lightener upper!

Linda---keeping you all in my prayers. Thank heavens for you.

Cheeria---have a fun day.

Judy----love your Best Buy shopping day!

Marlene----how true about your DD saying she can take it out if it's too long....as you "CRINGE" lol I'm sure it will be perfect!

Ya'll have a great day. I'm going to push to get out of here by 230-300 today so we can get our ski gear together and get on up the canyon- it's about an hour drive and we are excited!

Just a quick little update. I had Kim up to the bathroom and she was the steadiest on her feet that she's been since all started. She had no trouble swallowing her pills and is now sleeping through her breathing treatments. :manyheart Color me happy.

Kiyo, it sounds like you and your daughter are going to have fun this evening skiing.

Just a quick little update. I had Kim up to the bathroom and she was the steadiest on her feet that she's been since all started. She had no trouble swallowing her pills and is now sleeping through her breathing treatments. :manyheart Color me happy.

Kiyo, it sounds like you and your daughter are going to have fun this evening skiing.

that's such good news!

Howdy all

I thought I posted in here this morning. Maybe I did really early, I don't know. I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes .

Marisa

So glad the funeral event turned into a time of good memories for people. That's a great way to send someone off, by remembering the good times .

Joanne

sorry you have a super long work week . Hope it goes fast for you .

Jude

hope you find a tv you like .

Linda

glad the news on Kim sounds better. I was kinda concerned when you said what happened with her... sounded a little worrisome . Hope she continues to get back to normal .

Not much new here today-- it warmed up a little so it's in the 30's and the snow is big piles of slush now .. ugly, grey and wet outside .

I'm trying to get in a little crocheting each day,but limit the time I spend on it. I am using the Caron SS ,which doesnt tend to shed those little fibers like the RH does,so I do a little then put it away . Maybe I can keep working on things like that .

Hope everyone else is having a good day today !

Here's the washed baby ghan....now I'm working with my small stash of Vanna baby yarn:hug A RR:hook

Very pretty, Judy.

Well, Kim still hasn't pee'd and went to back to not being able to stand, let alone walk. :worried Rosie came over and helped me get her dressed while John came home. They just left for the doctor's office. I do not know what is going on, but I think she needs to spend a few days in the hospital getting some tests run, personally. Oh, well, we'll see what happens next, I guess. :worried John's now running the show and I'm to stay home and wait for news.

The latest news is that the doctor looked at her and one of the nurses when with John and Kim from the office straight to the ER where she's goint to be having a CAT Scan done.

Linda ~ Oh, now I am worried, too. :hug I am glad John was not out-of-town, and I hope the tests they run at the hospital give you all some insight as to what is bothering Kim. I will be praying for all of you.

I have not been home very long, but I just had to write a response when I heard Linda's worrisome updates. Do keep us informed, please.

It was a great weekend!! My little nephew is just that...little :lol His face looks like an elf's with a tiny chin and mini eyebrows. As reported, he is incredibly mellow. I held him for over 4 hours on Saturday, and he furrowed his brow once, opened an eye when his mum thought it was time for him to eat, and then he settled right in at that task. What a sweetheart :c9 I hope this 'calm' lasts for them. Two-year-old nephew does not really pay the new baby much attention, but he did tell me that I was not allowed to take the baby home to my house -- I would have to bring the baby back to hishouse if I was taking him anywhere. They are going to get-along just fine, I predict.

The rest of my visit with my folks was fun. My mum and I went out shopping on Sunday for a little while, but the rest of the time was spent holding the new baby and chatting in the living room. We did go over to my in-law's for a yummy meal of chicken-wild rice soup, cheese biscuits, and German chocolate cake. We only stayed for a couple of hours, but it gave DH some time to help his dad fix a snowmobile and ride around the fields a bit. I brought some new scrapbook-type supplies for the girls to use to create "something pretty," while the adults chatted. We drove over many miles of icy roads on the return trip, but they do not phase DH as much as they do me, so I let him drive while I crocheted :hook

I read through the posts I missed, though I am afraid I did not take notes.

:hugMarisa ~ glad your mother's cousin's service went well and that you had an opportunity to visit with such a large number of relatives.

:yayJoanne. It's SO exciting to hear about the babies your family is expecting in the next few months. Congratulations to you DD and your hubby's DD, too! You are so lucky to live near your daughter, so that you can share in this wonderful time with her and your SIL.

Have fun skiing, Kiyo :wgrin (there is not little skier emoticon, so I'll give you the happy, bundled up smilie ;)). I have not been on the hills of aeons, but I was thinking I should introduce the girls to the sport next winter, just to see what they think of it. It amazes me that you are even considering skiing after the workout you got at your 2nd job over the weekend...I am, obviously, too much of a wimp.

Judy ~ Very pretty baby ghan. And, now you are working on a RR...me too. What colors did you pull out of your stash? I am using up more of the RHSS Melonberry and Purple, as I have waaaaay too much of both colors. Can't wait to see yours :photo

Sherri ~ be careful driving on the ice. And, good luck with your packing.

Julie, Mary, Cheeria, Marlene :flower I know you all posted over the weekend, but my "play" time at the computer is up. Time to fix dinner and start on our evening homework and chores. I will catch-up more, tomorrow.

G'night.

Just heard from John. Kim has pneumonia. That was a real surprise as she hasn't had any of the normal symptoms for that. Haven't got the results of the CAT Scan yet. They are admitting her to the hospital to treat the pneumonia and evaluate everything else as well. John will be spending the night with her and I'll be with her during the day. I'll keep you updated as possible. All the prayers and kind thoughts are much appreciated. John and Rosie came over with supper and ate with me, which was nice. They were just getting ready to leave when John called with the news.

Archived