Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House. I just finished cleaning the floor beneath the fridge. Can I just say gross? Yuck? Ewww? How does that get so icky? Most of the items are packed up. I've been taking direction from DH this time. I am praying for no snow as I just don't have the experience to drive in it.

I may have lots by the end of the week.

Keep crocheting. I like looking at the pictures. :) See ya soon.

Hi Ladies,

Cheeria, Good to hear from you. Glad you got in a night with the little ones. If it was anything like your last one we know you guys had a lot of fun.

Linda, Boy that would scary with Kim. Good to know that John has experienced that to so it probably is just overly tired. Hope your not to sore though.

Judy, The babyghan is goregeous!

Sherri, Be careful driving in that snow.

Joanne, Sounds like you had a good day.

Kiyo, Wow lifting all that produce and unloading a semi. You certainly don't need a gym.

Cindy, Glad I'm not home for those kind of temps.

I have 40" done on Maya's scarf. DD is going to measure the one she has now, but I think I'm going to add 10" to it so it will be long enough for next winter to. Her Mom picked up her coat for next year already and it is pink and this has pink in it so it should go with it.

They went ice skating today at an ice arena. They don't rent double bladed skates there (or anymore?). They single blades and give the kids a walker. She fell a bunch of times but she said she had fun.

My cousins daughter got engaged around new years and her fiance died thursday. They had his funeral today. I don't know what happened. She's about 33 much to young to have to experience this.

Yesterday we had hot pork sandwiches, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh green beans with choice of chocolate or peanut butter sheet cake. It was yummy. We are busy this week. There is a group of guys trying to raise money for work to be done on the pool tables. So they are having a silent auction and a lunch. We are cooking the meat for the sloppy joes tomorrow then putting them together on tuesday. Wednesday and thursday we are hauling all the valentine decorations down and decorate the hall. I will have to take pics to show you. It is just beautiful! They over decorate actually but it still looks nice. Lots of work though.

And I have pt m/w/th.

The game is over and the steelers and the packers are playing in the super bowl. Should be a good game.

Marisa, My thoughts will be with you and your family tomorrow.:hug

Have a nice day tomorrow. Stay warm!

Quick good morning- as I'm heading into Paradise early!

Tough loss again by the Jets- I don't get some of the play calling- especially when they were 1 yard out from a TD.

Judy- I'm ready for NY Yankee time!!! C'mon spring training!

Marisa- Congrats on the Steelers win- I'll be thinking of you today!

Cheeria- Good luck at the dr and hope you get lots of ME time today afterwards!

Sherri- When will you be driving from Tx? Hope you don't hit snow on the way!

Linda- Glad to hear that Kim seems ok- and that you are taking it easy and feel good.

Marlene- That is so sad about your cousin's daughter!

Running out of time to respond to everyone- but hope you all have a good day!!! Stay warm!!!

*Gooooooooood morning* I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE MY JOB! Ok........sooo I'm enjoyng my morning coffe and the news, working on the wedding present....*DINK*(my text. Message sound lol) ALREADY....driver w a problem!!!!Geeeeee whizzle! Can't help her for an hour in which she knew fri! H. TODAY IS GONNA BEA GOOD DAY!! I'm not going to let that determine my day!

What a day for football yesterday!

I will hve to comment on everyones weekend events when I get to work and can see more than 5 lines at a time and its much faster! Hope you are all well today! Be back in a lil bittle!

Just stopping by The House to say Good Morning House Family (thru a bullshorn) LOL :cheerIt is freezing here in New Jersey with single digit temperature. :wbrr I had a great evening weaving yesterday and it is my hopes to weave and crochet more today which you know I'm looking forward to do. Well got to run now and get ready to get out of here. See you soon House Family. Hugs to you all and stay warmn (to those with artic cold weather). :hug:hug:hug

Good Morning, everyone. :manyheart

Marisa ~ We're thinking of you and your family this morning as you go to your cousin's funeral. :hug

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad Kim is okay and that you are, too! Did John end up being the big winner at poker?

Trish ~ Yay for having another grandbaby on the way. :c9

Cindy ~ Your scarf is lovely. :hook The snow in the picture is, too...but I'll bet you're ready for Spring. ;)

Judy ~ Your baby ghan is going to be so pretty...love the colors! :clap

Kiyo ~ The "2nd job" sounds like major work. :lol In my younger years ;), I would help in our warehouse and even learned to drive a forklift!

Marlene ~ Your life at the coast sounds so busy and fun with lots of good friends! Thanks for asking about the parents...MIL is unaware of who people are, but seems content and comfortable. My parents are doing exactly what they want to, and not heeding advice/accepting help from doctors, or anyone else. Totally frustrating! :yes

Hi Cheeria!

I have started my Spring cleaning. :lol Yesterday I did baseboards, blinds, moved furniture,etc. in our bedroom - one room down, lots more to go. :lol Just hope I can keep this up!

Linda, Boy that would scary with Kim. Good to know that John has experienced that to so it probably is just overly tired. Hope your not to sore though. It was definitely scary, but she seems to be recovering from it. This morning she was picking on John. She peeked at him, patted his head, and then covered him back up only to repeat the process several minutes later, something she does to him with fair regularity and occasionally with me. John said she's still a little wobbly on her feet, so will keep a close eye on her when I'm walking her. I went to bed early and am feeling much, much better rested today. Not sure what I'll be doing today yet.

I have 40" done on Maya's scarf. DD is going to measure the one she has now, but I think I'm going to add 10" to it so it will be long enough for next winter to. Her Mom picked up her coat for next year already and it is pink and this has pink in it so it should go with it.

Cant's wait to see pictures of it.

They went ice skating today at an ice arena. They don't rent double bladed skates there (or anymore?). They single blades and give the kids a walker. She fell a bunch of times but she said she had fun.

That seems to be the way a lot of them are doing it any more. Falling seems to go with learning to balance on one blade no matter what your age. At least, with kids, they don't have so far to fall. :)

My cousins daughter got engaged around new years and her fiance died thursday. They had his funeral today. I don't know what happened. She's about 33 much to young to have to experience this.

That's so sad about your cousin. :hug

You sure have lots going on where you stay and lot of wonderful sounding food, too. Makes me hungry.

Marisa ~ :hug :hug :hug to you and your family today.

It's overcast this morning so far. Blech! :yuck I want sun! I want sun! I want sun! :sunThey are calling for another chance of snow for us this week, too. Blech! :yuck I want sun! I want sun! I want sun! :sun In three weeks we should have daffodils in bloom and I am soooo ready for spring.

My first post got lost in cyberspace, so I'm trying to remember everything I said in it.

I'm going to have to root for Green Bay in the Super Bowl. I'll probably even watch the game, for the commercials if no other reason. It should be a good game.

Have fun in Paradise, Joanne.

Oh, fun! Truck trouble already, Kiyo! Wow!

Sherrie ~ I think part of the problem with under the fridge and stove is that we seldom move them to clean under them so everything accumulates, usually for years in my case. :lol

Have a good day, my friends. I have to find me some tea. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi, peeps!

Thanks for all the compliments on the baby ghan. The Jets game was so stressful I ended up working on the border for the ghan at the same time.. And no, my tension isn't tight:lol One more round and it'll be ready for the wash.

Life is busy with packing these days. But I have my happy thought for the next month or so. I have tickets to Lord of the Dance. :D

Oh, wow! Enjoy it!:)

Off to get stuff done...BBL!

Well, I finished the last square for the baby ghan....and at the end was left with a golf ball size bit of yarn:sweat

Next step is an hdc border around each one in a neutral, join them, another small border around th eentire thing in that same neutral, then baby yellow around the entire thing. It picks up the yellow in the variegated....:D

:clap

LOOKS GREAT!! you couldn't of had that planned out any better!

John got home at about 1:00 this afternoon and brought us lunch. Kim has been doing much better.She a little more sluggish than usual, but about the same as when she is way overtired. We'll be keeping a close eye on her for the next day or so and if she doesn't perk up we'll get her in to be seen and evaluated. At this point, I still think it's due to overdoing it yesterday. We don't have any appointments for this week so that's good. John said that this has happened to him a few times in the middle of the night after a long day of excitement. He can basically pick her up and carry her, which I can't. After lunch I had a long hot shower and have been relaxing in bed reading since then. Thanks for all your concern. :manyheart

Hope all is going well today- that IS, VERY scary! I have taken care of my Grandparents in the past after strokes, etc. as well as my father 5 yrs. ago who lost his short battle to cancer,it took him SOOOOO fast. You just never know what can happen or when. In the blink of any eye things can change just like that. Good thing you managed. Hope you are doing well as well as Kim resting up and doing better.

Hi guys

I checked in this morning for a couple minutes, but don't remember if I posted then or not,and too lazy to go back and look.

Linda

wow, i'm with everyone else-- the thing with Kim was scarey .I'd be worried she had another mini-stroke or something . Hope she is ok,and you too -- that'd be very hard to hold up another adult if they were really weak like that . Does she have a bedside commode ? Might have to use something like that so she doesnt have so far to go .

Marlene

sounds as if they keep you hopping down there in Texas ! Lots to keep you occupied all the time .

The grandkids always stay with their other grandma,who lives in our town, too,because they have a big old house that has plenty of empty bedrooms .We have a REALLY tiny house,and the way it is set up,we use the dining room as a computer room,and kinda like a den.Cam's tv and videos are all in there ,and a couple chairs and a coffee tble ,then our whole upstairs which is supposed to be a big bedroom, Sam has all his computers, radios, etc set up up there ,and we have a small space carved out for m when he spends the night,but we wouldnt be able to fit a family of 8 in here .

Hey Jude

Love the babyghan squares -- very pretty !

And to you and JOANNE ---

Sorry your team lost last night .

We watched both games ,but hadnt kept up well this year with any of the teams so they have players we didnt even know . We used to watch lots of football but no so much anymore ,

Hi Cheeria

You dont have to apologize if you dont have time to stop in,it is perfectly ok. Just stop whenever you get a chance .We will all be here yakking ,in and out,just like you,so it's really ok. There aren't any rules that you have to check in often.

I hope your treatments go ok,and your Dr visit ,and that you get to squeeze in some craft time .

Kiyo

You must have arms ,abs and buns of steel,and you didnt even have to buy the videos ! I bet you are in really good shape to be able to lift all that heavy stuff ! Makes me tired thinking about it .

Sherri

I'm a little slow on the uptake here,as usual. Are you guys moving ? And where are you going ? I LOVE to move. I think it is so exciting to move to a new house . I'd move every year if I could talk Sam into it,but he is the opposite, he HATES moving .

Hi Miss Mary

Wow, you have more gumption than me. I need to do my spring cleaning from about 3 years ago. I just dont have enough power to do much anymore .

Cindy

It sounds as if we both got the REAL cold weather -- it has been close to zero here too for the paet couple of days .

G'morn Julie......I actually DON'T have ANYTHING of steel! I wish I did lol. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it. I keep telling myself I need to get to the gym but I always find something better to do. I need to lose 100 lbs and I will be happy! Needless to say I'm a little behind!

And so I have progress! I think I'm going to make it on the wedding afghan. 4 weeks EXACTLY from tomorrow to get it finished! Wouldn't be so bad if the groom wasn't 6'4! lol

Of course the picture of Pixie is her trying to squeeze in ANYWHERE she can fit!

post-35667-135897619897_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897619901_thumb.jpg

And so I have progress! I think I'm going to make it on the wedding afghan. 4 weeks EXACTLY from tomorrow to get it finished! Wouldn't be so bad if the groom wasn't 6'4! lol

Of course the picture of Pixie is her trying to squeeze in ANYWHERE she can fit!

Pixie is way too cute.

Kim's doing well today.

I registered for the sewing and quilt show today. I'm really looking forward to it and to learning some new things while taking the classes. I've signed up for a class in designing my own signature chop, one on improvisational quilting, one on wardrobe origami, one entitled "Make It...Sell It...Prof-It", and one on machine quilting techniques. Ought to keep me busy. Kim's coming with me to the signature chop class and for signing her up for that class I get tickets good for two more classes of my choice that weekend, too. Maybe Rosie can use those as I don't think I can fit anything more in. Or, I maybe can, but I'm not at all sure that I want to fit any more in. :blush

Hello everyone. Very busy day at work today. Its still really cold here, although warmer than yesterday. It was around 4 degrees when I left for work this morning.

Marlene, that is really sad about your cousins fiancee.

Linda, it almost sounds like Kim was having a TIA. Good thing John has experienced that before and knew what the problem was. Glad she has had a better day.

Kiyo great work on the afghan. Pixie is a cutie!

Pixie is way too cute.

Kim's doing well today.

I registered for the sewing and quilt show today. I'm really looking forward to it and to learning some new things while taking the classes. I've signed up for a class in designing my own signature chop, one on improvisational quilting, one on wardrobe origami, one entitled "Make It...Sell It...Prof-It", and one on machine quilting techniques. Ought to keep me busy. Kim's coming with me to the signature chop class and for signing her up for that class I get tickets good for two more classes of my choice that weekend, too. Maybe Rosie can use those as I don't think I can fit anything more in. Or, I maybe can, but I'm not at all sure that I want to fit any more in. :blush

How awesome for you! I love your work thus far! I am not a sewer! I would sew my finger to my piece. I let my mom do that part! lol GOOD LUCK!!!

Just like my goddaughter's pug: a total lap dog:lol

Just like my goddaughter's pug: a total lap

dog:lol

She's sooooo funny. She's a CHUG, Chiuaua/pug mix. She's full grown and still so small! Lap dog, in the middle of crochet dog, rule the roost dog, boss dog, she plays w/ Duke my boxer like shes his size, it's great! When the playing is done they all (I have Noelle, she's a HUGE lab/boxer she doesn't like her pic taken lol she's too old.) they all want to try to figure out how to fit on my lap!

Good evening!

Busy day at work- very busy!

Linda- I'll bet you are very excited about the quilt show and classes! Can I ask what is a signature chop class? Glad to hear that Kim is doing ok! And I'm with you I want Sun AND warmth!!!! (it was 2 degrees when I left for work today)

Cheeria- Hope you got in a lot of crafting today- I know how much you wanted to!

Judy, Cheeria and Marisa- I have to work on Saturday and Sunday this week- I'm really kind of bummed about it, but have no choice in the matter. So, needless to say, I won't be able to make the meet up- but hope that you will all get together and know I'm with you in spirit!!!!

Cindy- I can't believe it was colder here this morning than where you are- supposed to get a little warmer tomorrow and now they are talking rain instead of snow for Tues nite/Wed- but who knows? We'll have to wait and see what unfolds.

Kiyo- The afghan is coming along nicely- and your "CHUG" is just too cute!! I don't have a dog, but my youngest DD and SIL have a little over a year old English bulldog Belle.

Julie- How long will your DD and family be here in the States this summer?

Off to start laundry- that is one thing I didn't do this weekend!

BBL

Joanne, it was 15 below yesterday morning. I didn't check the temperature before I left this morning, but just in case it was that cold again, I was wearing two pairs of mittens.

I heard that we will be getting snow tonight and tomorrow, and that it will warm up a bit, but I didn't hear anything about rain.

Sorry you have to work this weekend. My work weekends won't start until April.

And Linda, I was also wondering what a signature chop class is?

\

OHHHHHH LAWSY! I am glad I'm not the only one lol. Dogs....they are awesome!

We love our baby. He's the 7th dog, but the 6th GSD.... all were preceded by a cat.:lol

And we started all that when were in our second year of marriage (43 years as of last Dec)

Judy, Cheeria and Marisa- I have to work on Saturday and Sunday this week- I'm really kind of bummed about it, but have no choice in the matter. So, needless to say, I won't be able to make the meet up- but hope that you will all get together and know I'm with you in spirit!!!!

Oh, that is a bummer!:(

I don't know what Marisa and Cheeria have going for Saturday - but I had better PM them to make sure they get back to me.

Archived