Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worked on the PTC some more last night. I have 26 more solids to report.

I also got it measured out. Before the border it is 36x48. Do you think it will be big enough?

For youngest DD? the 48 is good....it would still be a good size for a throw - unless you want to tweak the border and make it a bit bigger.

Gotta dash - off to FIL's...

Good morning ladies! I'm still working on the dragon, almost all of the pieces are done and I've started putting it together. I need to do that since some pieces are left and right pieces. And I've been putting those pieces off so I don't get them mixed up.

I got a new playtoy last night!! Isn't it pretty? It's a 2005 with only 11,700 miles!

OH, WOW!!!!! That is gorgeous!

We celebrated all the August birthdays last night. Robin, Kim, Jonathan, and Shanon. I may have forgotten one. The birthday cake had plastic ants on it! It was a hoot!

John isn't going to be able to come down this weekend so Kim & I will be going back on Friday or Saturday. There will be less traffic to deal with if we go back on Saturday, but I'd get an extra day off if we go back early or late on Friday. I'm leaning towards Saturday, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

I also got it measured out. Before the border it is 36x48. Do you think it will be big enough?

Just about the right size for a cuddle quilt :D

Good morning ladies! I'm still working on the dragon, almost all of the pieces are done and I've started putting it together. I need to do that since some pieces are left and right pieces. And I've been putting those pieces off so I don't get them mixed up.

I got a new playtoy last night!! Isn't it pretty? It's a 2005 with only 11,700 miles!

Sweet!!

We celebrated all the August birthdays last night. Robin, Kim, Jonathan, and Shanon. I may have forgotten one. The birthday cake had plastic ants on it! It was a hoot!

John isn't going to be able to come down this weekend so Kim & I will be going back on Friday or Saturday. There will be less traffic to deal with if we go back on Saturday, but I'd get an extra day off if we go back early or late on Friday. I'm leaning towards Saturday, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

That cake sounds very cute! :lol Whichever day you decide to head home have a safe trip :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

I got 24 saltines made yesterday :dance And they're all sewn together in 6 squares strips. I have to do this piecemeal because I have the blocks all stacked and tied together in the layout I want. That was the hardest part so I don't want to get them out of order :lol

But today I need to try to get a little sewing done. Might work out but I might be back to saltines if my back gives me fits :lol

For youngest DD? the 48 is good....it would still be a good size for a throw - unless you want to tweak the border and make it a bit bigger.

Gotta dash - off to FIL's...

Yep its for DD5. I am thinking the border will probably add another 2 inches to it.

Just about the right size for a cuddle quilt :D

Sweet!!

That cake sounds very cute! :lol Whichever day you decide to head home have a safe trip :hug

I got 24 saltines made yesterday :dance And they're all sewn together in 6 squares strips. I have to do this piecemeal because I have the blocks all stacked and tied together in the layout I want. That was the hardest part so I don't want to get them out of order :lol

But today I need to try to get a little sewing done. Might work out but I might be back to saltines if my back gives me fits :lol

I can't wait to see it too.

Hi Ladies. :)

Good morning everyone.

I got 12 more solids done for the PTC yesterday. I think I have to put it back on hold again though. I only have two more blocks but I'm low on two of the colors.

12 more added, Donna. :hook

Small world. My mother's college roommate lives in Dumont, so we stayed with her, attended the wedding, and visited on either side of the ceremony. The drive averaged 7 hours/day, so it was long, but Mum and I never ran out of chatter in all of that time :lol Yes, the Chicago trip is 100% fun for me. My best friend from college and I try to get together at least once every year. She was planning to come north this fall, but she recently found out she is pregnant, and I would rather do the traveling than to have her use vacation days from work to visit me (she should have those days once Baby arrives). Five days of playing in Chicago...it will be a lot of fun :yes She does not crochet, so I am not sure if she will know of any great LYS, but I can hope. I have a few projects packed, and I hope I can, at least, finish the jumper I started for DD. School starts in less than 2 weeks...I can do it :cheer.

Have a good rest of the week. I hope you all have lots of :crocheting time!

'Til Monday, :waving

Have a wonderful time in Chicago!

26 more are on the list. I think the size sounds great. :yes

Beautiful, Val! :clap

Mary, 9 solids for me, please. :hook

Looks like you are going to have fun, Val. :yes

Hi Tracy! I've added 9 solids. :yarn

Sounds like a fun time with Kim's family. :)

Cara ~ Looking forward to seeing your LC. Have you already made all the black squares?

I hope you are all having a great day! :manyheart

Donna, that's lovely!

Well, Kim's granddaughter got herself grounded but good just now. They were getting ready to go down to the lake swimming and miss Paige went down and in by herself! At 4 1/2 that's a huge no no. She came back up looking for the rest and got busted. No swimming for her. She got sent to her room to change and take a time out. Scarey! At least she's okay. That is one strong-willed little girl. And when she gets an idea she does it without thinking or remembering the rules.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the second side panel of the shawl I'm working on. I should have it done before too long.

Can't wait to see that LC with the black blocks, Cara. I bet it's going to be an absolute knockout.

Donna - The PTC looks great :clap

Well, I've been sewing all day and I don't like what I made :lol That's pretty typical of my sewing though :P I should've just crocheted instead. Oh well, there's still lots of day left to make little black saltines :hook

I ever met a yarn sale I didn't like:lol

But now I'm trying to DO something with it!;)

You know....I haven't either. That's probably why my stash is getting increasingly large. I'm buying more than I'm using that's for sure.

Small world. My mother's college roommate lives in Dumont, so we stayed with her, attended the wedding, and visited on either side of the ceremony. The drive averaged 7 hours/day, so it was long, but Mum and I never ran out of chatter in all of that time :lol Yes, the Chicago trip is 100% fun for me. My best friend from college and I try to get together at least once every year. She was planning to come north this fall, but she recently found out she is pregnant, and I would rather do the traveling than to have her use vacation days from work to visit me (she should have those days once Baby arrives). Five days of playing in Chicago...it will be a lot of fun :yes She does not crochet, so I am not sure if she will know of any great LYS, but I can hope. I have a few projects packed, and I hope I can, at least, finish the jumper I started for DD. School starts in less than 2 weeks...I can do it :cheer.

Have a good rest of the week. I hope you all have lots of :crocheting time!

'Til Monday, :waving

I hope you have/had fun! :hug

I love it! I have a 2006 Honda Rebel. It's a little 250cc. I bought it new back then, but it's an inexpensive bike. Enjoy it lots!

Like others...can't wait to see pics!

Here is the PTC so far.

Gorgeoous!

Donna, that's lovely!

Well, Kim's granddaughter got herself grounded but good just now. They were getting ready to go down to the lake swimming and miss Paige went down and in by herself! At 4 1/2 that's a huge no no. She came back up looking for the rest and got busted. No swimming for her. She got sent to her room to change and take a time out. Scarey! At least she's okay. That is one strong-willed little girl. And when she gets an idea she does it without thinking or remembering the rules.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the second side panel of the shawl I'm working on. I should have it done before too long.

Can't wait to see that LC with the black blocks, Cara. I bet it's going to be an absolute knockout.

Wow! I'm so glad she's okay. I hope she learns her lesson. That is very scary.

Well, I've had a stressful week. Two of my family members passed away on Monday within two hours of each other. First was my grandfather (step dad's father) who I wasn't overly close to, but it's still sad especially for my step dad. The second was my Aunt Jo. She's my great aunt on my mom's side. Both of the funerals are on Friday. Aunt Jo is at 10 and Estel is at 1. I'm taking the whole day of work, obviously.

Those deaths are on top of the fact that my Xavier's fifth birthday would have been in 10 days (8/29). I've been dreading that day for a few weeks. So, I'm a little tender, but not doing too bad. I've found myself avoiding crochet. I've been keeping my mind occupied with silly computer games.

Anywho, if you would keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you're so inclined, we'd all appreciate it a lot.

Talk with you all soon. :hug

Well, I've been sewing all day and I don't like what I made :lol That's pretty typical of my sewing though :P I should've just crocheted instead. Oh well, there's still lots of day left to make little black saltines :hook

We were posting at the same time. I've spent the whole day crocheting something to end up not liking the result. It's frustrating! :angry

We were posting at the same time. I've spent the whole day crocheting something to end up not liking the result. It's frustrating! :angry

Oh dear you've had a very rough day :hug :hug :hug

Donna, that's lovely!

Thank goodness Kim's grandaughter is okay. :yes Great progress on your shawl. :hook

That's why I don't sew much anymore...I get frustrated. :lol

Well, I've had a stressful week. Two of my family members passed away on Monday within two hours of each other. First was my grandfather (step dad's father) who I wasn't overly close to, but it's still sad especially for my step dad. The second was my Aunt Jo. She's my great aunt on my mom's side. Both of the funerals are on Friday. Aunt Jo is at 10 and Estel is at 1. I'm taking the whole day of work, obviously.

Those deaths are on top of the fact that my Xavier's fifth birthday would have been in 10 days (8/29). I've been dreading that day for a few weeks. So, I'm a little tender, but not doing too bad. I've found myself avoiding crochet. I've been keeping my mind occupied with silly computer games.

Anywho, if you would keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you're so inclined, we'd all appreciate it a lot.

Oh, Nicole - I am so sorry for your losses. Hugs from me, too. :hug

I am new to this forums so can someone explain some of the abbreviations being used?

Example saltines solids DD and PTC

Thanks Lindi

Nicole I'm sorry about your week. As for the Rebel, your right, it is very cheap. But I knew I'd outgrow it in no time. I'm pretty sure this one I'll be good with for a nice long time :lol

I am new to this forums so can someone explain some of the abbreviations being used?

Thanks Lindi

DD = Dear Daughter

PTC = Path to the Cabin which is the quilt that Donna (sewnsew) is making.

We've got more abbreviations that words some days :lol

Thanks Lindi

Hi Lindi! Here is some more information:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=107897&postcount=1

And then, like Cara said, we have created some of our own. :lol "Saltine" is a nickname for Cara's two-round granny squares. "Solids" just refers to solid color squares instead of bi-color squares.

:hug

Thanks for the compliments on it. She loves it and I can already tell she isn't going to want to share it. LOL She was quite quick to tell her friends it was her blanket when they both said they wanted one like it. :lol

Thanks Lindi

Welcome! I see someone has helped you out already.

Archived