JulieKay

Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

I can't wait to see the Tree of Life "Afghan". I looked at that CAL and just don't think I have the patience to do that one.

Just hear back from the vet a few hours ago. Cooper is diabetic! Poor kitty. It's not a real bad case though and he will manage with some meds. I had to leave him there all day for tests while I came to work. Poor, little guy...I bet he's scared. I can't wait to go pick him up and give him kisses on his little head!

Chat with y'all later!

I'm so glad Cooper's going to be okay.

You'll have to wait a bit to see the Tree of Life in thread, it just looks like a skinny little strip at this point. :lol :lol :lol

Linda, that's great news about John...and I sceond the "yummy" from Nicole:D

Nicole, one of Cara's cats is diabetic, too. But she has to give her shots.:P I'm glad they found out what it was. Now you just have to watch Cooper doesn't steal food from the others and stays on his own regime. Not easy with a tiger:lol

No kidding! He's a nut for cat food. He doesn't much care for human food though, but if there's cat food or treats, he goes insane.

Right now, the plan is to supervise all feedings and keep Cooper separate. He's going to feel like his throat was cut out for awhile. He's being back down to 3/4 of a cup a food a day. :eek

I'm so glad Cooper's going to be okay.

You'll have to wait a bit to see the Tree of Life in thread, it just looks like a skinny little strip at this point. :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the well-wishes for Cooper. I'm sorry he's diabetic, but I'm relieved it isn't something worse. The vet said it's definitely manageable. I can't imagine how long it's going to take! You have more patience than me for sure!!!

Edited by nicolep

Linda, I never thought of doing the tree of life in thread. With the size you mentioned how many balls do you think you're going to use? Two? And are you usng #10?

Just being nosey - I had thought about making it, but then thought better of it.:lol

Linda, I never thought of doing the tree of life in thread. With the size you mentioned how many balls do you think you're going to use? Two? And are you usng #10?

Just being nosey - I had thought about making it, but then thought better of it.:lol

I'm using size #20 with a size 7 crochet hook. I've got three balls of the thread, but I really don't know how much it will take. That should be enough though and some to spare.

Wow, Linda - 20! That's going to be exquisite! I forgot to ask what color you're using?

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Hi, everyone. John goes back to work in 14 days, if all goes according to plan. I can't wait! He got an A+ from the physical therapist today and is ahead of schedule on what he can do for himself. I just hope he doesn't overdo it and set himself back.

I baked two loaves of banana bread this afternoon. They puffed up way more than normal, but smell good. Unfortunately, I think my mixer is on it's last legs. It wouldn't mix the last of the ingredients. I had to do it by hand. Of course, it's almost 39 years old, so I guess I shouldn't complain. :lol It's mixed a lot of things over the years, including lots of banana bread batches.

I have started the Tree of Life Afghan pattern. Only I'm doing it in size 20 thread. :eek If I calculated right it will end up being about 11" by 14". :lol I like the look of the pattern, but I guess I just have to be different. I've got 10 rows done now which is about 1 inch. :lol :lol It is starting to look like something.

13 days now? :D Shall we start a countdown? ;) The Tree of Life pattern is gorgeous...yours sounds like it could be a stunning table runner! :clap

Just hear back from the vet a few hours ago. Cooper is diabetic! Poor kitty. It's not a real bad case though and he will manage with some meds. I had to leave him there all day for tests while I came to work. Poor, little guy...I bet he's scared. I can't wait to go pick him up and give him kisses on his little head!

Chat with y'all later!

:hug Poor Cooper. I know you'll be able to control it just fine. :yes Our neighbor's cat is diabetic and she is doing great.

Hi Judy!

Just 1 1/2 more rows on the Animals ghan until the animals are finished! Then it's on to the border. :cheer I love this pattern and can see making another one. :hook

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Just 1 1/2 more rows on the Animals ghan until the animals are finished! Then it's on to the border. :cheer I love this pattern and can see making another one. :hook

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Wow! Go you! :cheer

Good morning, All :2hug

I managed to catch the tail-end of the cold my girls have been battling for a week, so I am not planning a very busy day -- a little letter writing, some paperwork, and some crocheting. Nice 'n' easy, and I will hopefully feel more perky once tomorrow rolls around :yes

Nicole ~ I am so glad Cooper is going to be okay. I can only imagine how tough these first weeks are going to be, as you learn to manage the diabetes, but you can do it :hug I am so glad he was able to alert you, when he was feeling so distressed the other day, and I know you are happier having him home to cuddle, than at the vet's office. Take good care!

Judy ~ :waving I had exactly the same sentiment you did about the Tree of Life pattern. I like the looks of it, but not enough to tackle it myself :lol

Linda ~ Sending you a ton of support and lots of :hugas you soldier through John's recovery period. We are happy to take any ranting from your side of the camp. The family could not get any better care than what you give them, and they are lucky to have you :manyheart It sounds as though physical therapy is going well, and I hope John continues to increase his mobility, yet rest in-between sessions to allow his body to recover completely. Oh my goodness, I applaud your plan to crochet the Tree of Life with thread :nworthy. It is going to be gorgeous, and I cannot wait to see your progress pictures!

Mary ~ Isn't this 'preparing for baby' so much fun?!? Congrats on getting the furniture assembled over the weekend. I will bet DD can hardly wait until she has the little babe home to check-out his nursery. Did you paint or wallpaper in the new room before the furniture went in there? My mum and grandmother came up for a long weekend, when I was about 5 months along with Kyri and painted, applied a border and dressed up the entire space with homemade curtains, crib ruffle, Diaper Genie cover and changing table pads. It was such a help and made the room look perfect for our angel. Your DD is so lucky to share her enthusiasm with you and your DH. You are moving right along on the afghan pattern. It is almost finished, wow. :cheerYou can do it (and then, take pictures for us ;)).

Have a good day, everyone!

Hi, everyone! :hiKim had a doctor's appointment today so we got to eat out for lunch. Brought some home for John who's having his for supper. We haven't clashed quite as much today. I guess maybe we're both adjusting somewhat. John's going to be jumping into full-time work a day early by flying to Louisiana on the 24th for a client presentation on the 25th and then back home to be in the office on the 26th for more client stuff. That's if the surgeon okays it when he sees him next Monday. Somehow, I think he's going no matter what, since he's already made plane and hotel reservations. :rolleyes

My Tree of Life project is in new ecru.

Dusti, take care of yourself.

Hi, ladies...

Linda, it must have felt good getting out for a meal. I'm glad it's working out better..

Ecru is very nice!! Can't wait to see how it looks:cheer

Good Morning! :)

Dusti ~ I hope your cold is much better soon. :hug DD's house is a 1920's bungalow, with two huge bedrooms down and a large room and bath up that were added on in the '60's. They're keeping the antique iron bed and wardrobe in the baby's room and even with his furniture and a wonderful old rocker, there is lots of extra room! I think it looks adorable...all they need is a new rug on those cold hardwoods. :lol

Linda ~ 12 more days? :devil I hope everything is going okay. :manyheart

Hi Nicole ~ How is Mr. Cooper doing? :hug

'Morning, Judy. :)

I have several errands to take care of today...I'd rather be crocheting. :hook Have a good day!

Hi, Mary!

I feel good about how my day has gone so far: we had to get our annual blood work this AM (tech was excellent... and from me that is HIGH praise...I have had issues in the past)...then home for breakfast. I spent the morning doing some floor washing (hands and knees), washing towels - and finishing the RR christneing ghan. I'm close to finishing the border right now.

Will need to take a pic of that ghan and start prepping food for the beef stroganoff.

Back to work!

Good morning, All :2hug

I managed to catch the tail-end of the cold my girls have been battling for a week, so I am not planning a very busy day -- a little letter writing, some paperwork, and some crocheting. Nice 'n' easy, and I will hopefully feel more perky once tomorrow rolls around :yes

Nicole ~ I am so glad Cooper is going to be okay. I can only imagine how tough these first weeks are going to be, as you learn to manage the diabetes, but you can do it :hug I am so glad he was able to alert you, when he was feeling so distressed the other day, and I know you are happier having him home to cuddle, than at the vet's office. Take good care!

I hope you are feeling all right getting over your cold. I had one a month ago or so. It was awful! I didn't think I was ever going to feel better.

It has been interesting at home. The cats keep looking at me like, "Hey, didn't you forget a scoop or two of that food?!?!" They'll get used to it though.

Good Morning! :)

Hi Nicole ~ How is Mr. Cooper doing? :hug

I have several errands to take care of today...I'd rather be crocheting. :hook Have a good day!

Cooper is doing well, thanks. No new scares or anything. He goes back to the vet in a few weeks for follow up. So far, he's handling the life change fairly well.

I hope your errands go well. I would always rather be crocheting!! :hook

Hi, Mary!

I feel good about how my day has gone so far: we had to get our annual blood work this AM (tech was excellent... and from me that is HIGH praise...I have had issues in the past)...then home for breakfast. I spent the morning doing some floor washing (hands and knees), washing towels - and finishing the RR christneing ghan. I'm close to finishing the border right now.

Will need to take a pic of that ghan and start prepping food for the beef stroganoff.

Back to work!

Can't wait to see the ghan! I'm glad your blood work went well. There's nothing worse than a bad phlebotomist.

Hi to Linda and anyone I might have accidentally missed. Nothing much going on with me! I'll chat with you all later. :hug

Ok I finally finished the geo quilt. :whew Here is a photo just for you Mary. :D

post-9002-135897495832_thumb.jpg

Heather - Stunning! Good work and thanks for sharing

WOW! Heather, that's amazing:clap:clap:clap

Another christening ghan...I just took it out of the dryer and it's nice and smooth, though not in this "before " pic. The only way to block, IMO:lol

post-8552-135897495858_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897495862_thumb.jpg

:thair:yell SSSCCCRRREEEAAAMMM!!!!!! :yell :thair

Okay, that's better. John is an A+++ personality. It's a good thing I'm pretty laid back. I was going to go yarn shopping for the dragon quiltghan, but John wanted me to get groceries for us and things for a care package for their DIL who is in the army and currently stationed in Afghanistan for a year. Needless to say the yarn shopping got deep-sixed. Not enough time to fit everything in in an hour and still get back in time to get Kim up to the bathroom on time. :sigh

Ok I finally finished the geo quilt. :whew Here is a photo just for you Mary. :D

[ATTACH]15039[/ATTACH]

Heather, that is stunning!!!

Another christening ghan...I just took it out of the dryer and it's nice and smooth, though not in this "before " pic. The only way to block, IMO:lol

Judy, how beautiful is that! Exquisite work!

Thank you for the well wishes, ladies. I am doing ever-so-much better, today. The germs do not seem to be affecting me in quite the same way as the little girls, and my regimen of tea and relaxing yesterday put me in a wonderful mood. The sun came out, today, and it has been a good Wednesday :sun

DD's house is a 1920's bungalow, with two huge bedrooms down and a large room and bath up that were added on in the '60's. They're keeping the antique iron bed and wardrobe in the baby's room and even with his furniture and a wonderful old rocker, there is lots of extra room! I think it looks adorable...all they need is a new rug on those cold hardwoods. :lol

Sounds like the perfect arrangement for when Grammy visits :wink I agree, throw rugs will warm up the floor and be easy to swap around, when the nursery changes into a toddler's room.

That looks great, Heather :clap Was your daughter the intended recipient? 'Fraid I cannot remember the details :blush, but it will be wonderful, regardless.

Oh, that is beautiful, Judy. Very nice job :crocheting. I had to read twice, because I have never blocked a baby blanket (though my first RR probably needed some starch and serious blocking :P. I wrapped it up, popped it in the mail, and hoped to blame the curly edges on the packaging method :lol). Now, I understand what you were saying, and it looks lovely.

:thair:yell SSSCCCRRREEEAAAMMM!!!!!! :yell :thair

Okay, that's better. John is an A+++ personality. It's a good thing I'm pretty laid back. I was going to go yarn shopping for the dragon quiltghan, but John wanted me to get groceries for us and things for a care package for their DIL who is in the army and currently stationed in Afghanistan for a year. Needless to say the yarn shopping got deep-sixed. Not enough time to fit everything in in an hour and still get back in time to get Kim up to the bathroom on time. :sigh

:hug Hang in there. Any chance for a trip to the yarn store, tomorrow? Maybe you can hide-out at a coffee shop for 20-30 minutes before you return home, just to let your nerves relax. You are doing a great job of holding it together. Only a little over a week to go!

:hiNicole! Often, no excitement is the best news there is! Glad Cooper is doing well with the lifestyle changes, and your other kitties will lose their confusion over time.

Hope you all get a chance to pick up your yarn and hook this evening! :hook

Thanks, ladies....

Linda, I can really empathize...when you're all excited to start a new project and hit a brick wall (insert name here), you really DO want to scream!!:hug:hug

I agree with Dusti - grab a little time by yourself...you need a mental health break!:yes