JulieKay

Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

Mary, painting party sounds like fun. :lol I am waiting to see what the experiment is going to be like, Kyla wants sparkly walls (she is have a Twilight themed room) so we are going to paint the walls and then throw glitter at the walls while it is still wet. :lol That is going to be interesting to see.

Linda, the RR came out lovely. :manyheart

Hi, Tracy. I've had more experience with hanging wallpaper than with painting, but I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I finished Rosie and John's RR this afternoon and took it over to them. They were thrilled and the colors match their sun room beautifully.

[ATTACH]14121[/ATTACH]

My other big accomplishment today was figuring how to get the DVD player hooked into the cable system in the guest bedroom so that we can use both. It only took me about 20 or 30 minutes and it WORKED!!!! :bounce:bounce I'm so pleased with myself! :bow I called John and told him and he was very pleased, too. :bounce

It's so pretty, Linda! :yay You have such a talent for choosing colors. :yes As for the DVD player...Way to go! :clap I can use ours, but never did figure out the VCR years ago. :lol

Mary, painting party sounds like fun. :lol I am waiting to see what the experiment is going to be like, Kyla wants sparkly walls (she is have a Twilight themed room) so we are going to paint the walls and then throw glitter at the walls while it is still wet. :lol That is going to be interesting to see.

Aww, Kyla's room will be great. At this age, DD wanted black, white and red. :think:)

Oooooo.....glitter in the paint. What an intriguing idea.

Thank you, Mary and Tracy. I do like doing the RRs and putting color combinations together.

It's sunny and windy today. John and Kim will be back sometime late afternoon or early evening. I have to finish straightening up the guest bedroom today in preparation for John spending a good bit of his recuperation there. I've been working on it a bit for the last several days so there's not a horrendous amount to do, but enough.

It's so pretty, Linda! :yay You have such a talent for choosing colors. :yes As for the DVD player...Way to go! :clap I can use ours, but never did figure out the VCR years ago. :lol

Aww, Kyla's room will be great. At this age, DD wanted black, white and red. :think:)

:yes Kyla's room is going to be mostly black and white with some red thrown in. We had a debate about a black ceiling, when I eventually said she could have the black ceiling, she changed her mind. :lol Then she said vampires sparkle in the sun, so she wants sparkly walls. That I don't mind doing, as long as she uses the neutral paint I get. :yes

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday. I fear there have been too many posts I've missed to catch up with you all. :(

I should be around more again now that Christmas gifts are done and "gifted".

Hi again! Look, I'm a double poster....that doesn't happen often. :lol

I wanted to share a picture of the best Christmas present ever! Well, maybe not ever, but it's pretty darn good.

It's a Turn of The Century crochet hook that my mom bought me. Not only did she get it, but managed to keep it a secret since October! My mom and I can rarely keep a secret from each other. This is the first Christmas since I was a young 'un that I didn't know everything I was getting.

I also got two Snuggies so I can be warm while crocheting. :hook

post-28827-135897490031_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday. I fear there have been too many posts I've missed to catch up with you all. :(

I should be around more again now that Christmas gifts are done and "gifted".

Nicole, it's nice to see you here again. :hug Most of my gifts are done and "gifted", too. I have a couple that will be going out in the New Year, but they aren't due quite yet.

I wanted to share a picture of the best Christmas present ever! Well, maybe not ever, but it's pretty darn good.

It's a Turn of The Century crochet hook that my mom bought me. Not only did she get it, but managed to keep it a secret since October! My mom and I can rarely keep a secret from each other. This is the first Christmas since I was a young 'un that I didn't know everything I was getting.

What a wonderful crochet hook! Congrats to mom on keeping it a secret for so long. And, TWO snuggies! Wow! I got one from my mom and they are really, really nice. :manyheart

Good Morning. :)

:yes Kyla's room is going to be mostly black and white with some red thrown in. We had a debate about a black ceiling, when I eventually said she could have the black ceiling, she changed her mind. :lol Then she said vampires sparkle in the sun, so she wants sparkly walls. That I don't mind doing, as long as she uses the neutral paint I get. :yes

:lol DD went through the same phase. We said NO to the black ceiling or walls. :lol This phase will pass. :yes

Hi Nicole! Your new hook is beautiful. :hook I have a terrible time keeping anything from DD...tell your Mom I'm proud of her. :D

Hi Linda! Are you going to have some help when John gets home? :manyheart

We're supposed to have more snow this afternoon and evening. :eek There is still a little ice and snow from last week. This is not normal for us. :lol

Nicole, it's nice to see you here again. :hug Most of my gifts are done and "gifted", too. I have a couple that will be going out in the New Year, but they aren't due quite yet.

What a wonderful crochet hook! Congrats to mom on keeping it a secret for so long. And, TWO snuggies! Wow! I got one from my mom and they are really, really nice. :manyheart

The Snuggies are nice! I got the one (green) from my mom and another (blue) from my dad. My poor cats don't understand them though. Jackson keeps trying to get under the "blanket" not understanding it's not really a blanket. He's so cute!

Good luck getting everything done for gifts! :cheer

Good Morning. :)

:lol DD went through the same phase. We said NO to the black ceiling or walls. :lol This phase will pass. :yes

Hi Nicole! Your new hook is beautiful. :hook I have a terrible time keeping anything from DD...tell your Mom I'm proud of her. :D

We're supposed to have more snow this afternoon and evening. :eek There is still a little ice and snow from last week. This is not normal for us. :lol

Thanks, I'll let me my mom know. :) She was quite proud of herself. She should be, I was proud, too.

We finally got some snow here. We got about 2 inches. Everyone else seems to be getting dumped on, but not us. It's either going to be a mild winter or really, really bad once January hits. The word is it's supposed to be bad. :(

Chat with y'all soon!

Good Morning, Nicole. :)

I wouldn't attempt this by myself but DH is on vacation...we're taking Zoe and Gracie to the Vet at the same time this morning. :eek

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

I wouldn't attempt this by myself but DH is on vacation...we're taking Zoe and Gracie to the Vet at the same time this morning. :eek

Good luck with that! I have actually taken all four of my cats to the vet at one time for shots. I did that once. Now, I take them one at a time for shots. All four of them was not a good experience for anyone other than the cats....they had their buddies to get into trouble with. I have never seen a vet's examine room get destroyed so quickly! :lol

No extra help, but I did more or less lay down the law on some of what will and won't be happening when he gets home and he was agreeable at least in theory. :lol :lol :lol

Oh, wow, you were brave taking them both in at once. I've done it in the past, but it's never fun.

I did some after Christmas shopping today and ran some errands that were necessary to make things flow better in January. Like getting all my prescriptions filled instead of just the ones that are running out in the next few days. :lol

No extra help, but I did more or less lay down the law on some of what will and won't be happening when he gets home and he was agreeable at least in theory. :lol :lol :lol

Threaten him with no food or water unless he behaves. :D:devil

All went well at the Vet...they were both little angels, which shocked all of us. :lol I got my haircut at 2:00 and came out to the most beautiful huge snowflakes. :flake It's still snowing and everything is white - it's not sticking to the streets too much which is a good thing.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

All went well at the Vet...they were both little angels, which shocked all of us. :lol I got my haircut at 2:00 and came out to the most beautiful huge snowflakes. :flake It's still snowing and everything is white - it's not sticking to the streets too much which is a good thing.

:laughroll You're too funny! I think we're supposed to get an inch or two of snow today....

Happy Wednesday, Ladies. :)

:laughroll You're too funny! I think we're supposed to get an inch or two of snow today....

This was our third snowfall of the year - that's unheard of here! It's all gone this morning because it turned into rain last night. :yes

I had to frog two rows on the baby ghan. I was off one stitch and there's no way to fudge or the animal shapes will be off. :lol After all, the elephant might look strange with his trunk in the wrong place. :D So, hope to catch up on that today after laundry and some cleaning.

Hi, all. I've been reading and just relaxing so far today. Cleaning is on my list of things to do, too, but I'm just not in the mood. It's a mix of rain and ice pellets here at the moment. Yuck!

We are now getting solid sleet and it has started accumulating on the cars and ground.

We are now getting solid sleet and it has started accumulating on the cars and ground.

We are getting a mix of sleet and rain...the lights keep dimming....i hope they stay one!!

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Linda and Shay ~ I hope you're not iced in this morning! Stay warm. :manyheart

What is everyone doing for New Year's Eve? We may go out to dinner, but never stay out late anymore. :lol Staying in by the fire and crocheting sounds perfect to me. :hook

Hi, Mary. The ground is very wet this morning, but no sign of the sleet from yesterday. It's cold, a little above freezing, and very overcast.

We'll be spending New Year's Eve at home, don't know if we'll even stay up until midnight. New Year's day is John's birthday. Staying in where it's safe and off the roads suits us just fine. I've got a recipe for spinach lasagna that I think I'll try out and he's requested fried onion rings. :lol

Just wishing you ladies a happy new year in case I don't get a chance later on or tomorrow. :hug Have a wonderful WIPing year.

I have the babies here, so we are going to be quiet, although it looks like MM is wanting to stay up until midnight. :lol

Happy New Year's Eve!

Hi, Mary. The ground is very wet this morning, but no sign of the sleet from yesterday. It's cold, a little above freezing, and very overcast.

We'll be spending New Year's Eve at home, don't know if we'll even stay up until midnight. New Year's day is John's birthday. Staying in where it's safe and off the roads suits us just fine. I've got a recipe for spinach lasagna that I think I'll try out and he's requested fried onion rings. :lol

Spinach lasagna and onion rings! :lol That is quite a combination. :D

Just wishing you ladies a happy new year in case I don't get a chance later on or tomorrow. :hug Have a wonderful WIPing year.

I have the babies here, so we are going to be quiet, although it looks like MM is wanting to stay up until midnight. :lol

Happy New Year, Tracy. :manyheart Are you getting settled in your new home? I hope the kiddos were asleep way before midnight. ;):yes

We decided to stay home...it's rainy and very cold. We made chicken quesadillas and DH's guacamole is my favorite. :)

The baby ghan is now at row 40 (of 64). :cheer It's really fun to see how the animals take shape.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have a safe, blessed 2010!!!

Mary - I can't wait to see pics of the babyghan.

Tracy & Linda - Hi!

How was everyone's New Year's Eve?

I stayed in last night. I had plans to go out with a few friends, but one of the kiddos ended up having a stomach bug. :( I didn't feel much like going out anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I've been fighting a cold. I'm feeling a lot better, but still really tired. Plus, my favorite part of the new year is watching the Winter Classic on tv. In case you don't know that is where two NHL teams play hockey outside. They are at Fenway Park this year. I'd love to be able to see it live sometime. Maybe next year.

Well, take care my friends!

:firecrack :firecrack :firecrack HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :firecrack :firecrack :firecrack

Hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve. I went to bed about 10:30 and slept through the change over. We ended up staying in instead of going out to dinner as the weather was nasty. It's sun shiny today and nice today. :manyheart