Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Oh dear Marisa, sounds awful over there. Its snowing hard here, but hopefully, nothing like what you guys have gotten. Anyhow, drive carefully when you finally get out of there.

And its your birthday too! Hope the day is wonderful, despite the challenges of the weather.

:bday

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The doctor was just in. He doesn't think she aspirated again. Yeah! Still looking at coming home tomorrow or on the weekend. Tomorrow's chest xray will help determine if and when. Her BP is up at the moment, too, which isn't good. Don't know what's going on with that. Sigh.

Hi, peeps!

Linda, wonderful news about Kim!:)

Hi, there, Orchid!

Sparkie got more loving - thank you.:manyheart

He has problems gong down the stairs, but otherwise is managing okay so far. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days.

Sun just came out!:clap

Pics of my yard from 6 AM and later in the morning:

UMMMMMMMM..............I HATE to say it----but I LOVE THE SNOW and that is beautiful.....HOWEVER......the shoveling BITES!! I'm sorry! I'm the goofy one in the neighborhood that leaves my Christmas lights up and on with snow! lol.... And......my tree is still up! It has red ornaments and white lights and Valentines Day is right around the corner! THEN i will take it down!

I frogged the baby blanket I started last night, and started another one. This one is my own design. We'll see where it goes. So far I like it better than last nights attempt.

And now that I have that bright light, I am giving some serious thought to trying a doily. The thread hooks make my hands cramp after a short while, but if the light is enough to make a doily possible for me, I'll buy some clover soft touch thread hooks if I can find them anywhere. I have one of them, but it's too tiny for the size 3 thread that I intend to start out with.

The doctor was just in. He doesn't think she aspirated again. Yeah! Still looking at coming home tomorrow or on the weekend. Tomorrow's chest xray will help determine if and when. Her BP is up at the moment, too, which isn't good. Don't know what's going on with that. Sigh.

Well at least the news is partly good. Maybe the high BP is just because of the unfamiliar situation she finds herself in.

Praying for improvement so she can go home soon.

UMMMMMMMM..............I HATE to say it----but I LOVE THE SNOW and that is beautiful.....HOWEVER......the shoveling BITES!! I'm sorry! I'm the goofy one in the neighborhood that leaves my Christmas lights up and on with snow! lol.... And......my tree is still up! It has red ornaments and white lights and Valentines Day is right around the corner! THEN i will take it down!

Well, I have to confess, I also think snow is beautiful, and I like watching it come down...IF...I can stay home, and my children would have the good sense to stay home too. Of course, snow is better still if the house is nice and clean, laundry is caught up, there's a fire in the fireplace, hot cocoa in my cup, and a craft project or a good book in my lap.

And Kiyo, our outdoor lights are still up too, its been too cold to go out and take them down.

Good Morning Orchid & Welcome! :cheer:cheer I am Kiyo, from Utah

hello hello,and to all others,hope you are all wrapped up warm and cosey,i went to bed with the kids,some crochet and spongebob:manyheart:c9

sat here now beading and lacing my crocheted crib.:clap

Hi all

Welcome Orchid ! Would you be able to give us your first name ? We like using them in here,just to make it sound more "homey" .If you'd rather not, it is ok, too ,but it seems nicer when we have first names to use .

So, you are making 2 afghans at once, is that what you said ? And what colors and patterns are they ?

Marisa

Happy birthday !!! That is odd,we have several people in here with birthdays close together !

Cindy

I'm with you, the having all the housework done and sitting by the fire sounds good for a winter day .

Have you chosen a doily pattern yet, or still looking ?

Kiyo

Loved the photos--the hat is cute and your little girl is a sweetheart. She looks very happy !

Jude

sure hope your pup is doing better soon. I know how worried you get when your pets are ill --they are lucky when they get picked to live in your house !

They just had a story on our news last night about a lady who had 2 dogs and left them outside in this cold ( our highs were in the single digits for the past few days, but a little warmer today). anyhow, one was a Shitzu I think. He froze to death,but the other is a big muscley- looking bulldog. He is ok,and up for adoption. The lady is in jail being charged with animal cruelty and neglect .

Linda

wow, where to start ? I read throgh several pages of posts,and some sound good, others not so good,so I hope things improve for Kim,and I'm sure this has been real stressful on you at the same time .

Take good care of yourself-- dont want you getting down sick from worry .

I hpe the Docs are super good and get the situation pinpointed so they know what to do to help her so she can go home soon .

Hi to everyone else .. Sorry I probably missed some of you. I am so far behind again, it is ridiculous !

I vote No More Snow too . Really getting tired of it,but it is coming down again today .

Hi to Mary --

have a good lunch with your little buddy today ! Is he eating solid foods yet ? And what are some things he likes best ?

Hi LeAnna

It's ok if you need to hibernate. I know I sure do enough of it myself .. I get into those funky moods when I need to back out for awhile. nothing to do with any of you guys, just life punching me in the gut once in awhile .

Love your BB cat-- I like POWERFUL looking cats,and he sure does look like he has some power !

Hey Joanne

How are you holding up with your long week ? Hang in there and I hope you get caught up so you can get a few days off soon .

Hi Peachy !

wow, we are hitting the jackpot with new members !

Could yo tell us what your first name is ?

and what are you working on now ??

We are a gabby bunch,so just jump in and start gabbing back at us . A SUPER good group of ladies in here .

Julie, I am not working on anything right now, how ever I am looking at learning how to do a quilted afghan, I was thinking about doing a sampler afghan with quilted images.

http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/QltGranny-Maple.html

There is one I found that I really like.

Sorry, I don't like to reveal personal information on here, but you can call me peachy! or peaches! :-)

hi there:cheer:manyheart:hug

my first name is joy

I sat to work on one project and here I still am :)

I am making mini crocheted cribs .on my last one.they are for a good friend of mine.

good luck with your next project peach :)

joy xxx

Well, no teenagers with their shovels...yet. :( So we just sit here and look at the humongous pile of snow at the foot of our driveway...and the cars...so totally covered they look like marshmallows...at least there was a dry spell yesterdya in between the storms and hubby ran out to get some more milk...and goodies:D

I frogged the baby blanket I started last night, and started another one. This one is my own design. We'll see where it goes. So far I like it better than last nights attempt.

Good for you, for frogging and going ahead with a new project:yes

And now that I have that bright light, I am giving some serious thought to trying a doily. The thread hooks make my hands cramp after a short while, but if the light is enough to make a doily possible for me, I'll buy some clover soft touch thread hooks if I can find them anywhere. I have one of them, but it's too tiny for the size 3 thread that I intend to start out with.

I used my clover hook to make these snowflakes (at the bottom of this post) using 10 thread. I liked using the hook!

Hi there! Im new here! I just joined!

Welcome!

Jude

sure hope your pup is doing better soon. I know how worried you get when your pets are ill --they are lucky when they get picked to live in your house ! My friends have always said that in their next life they want to come back as one of our dogs:D

They just had a story on our news last night about a lady who had 2 dogs and left them outside in this cold ( our highs were in the single digits for the past few days, but a little warmer today). anyhow, one was a Shitzu I think. He froze to death,but the other is a big muscley- looking bulldog. He is ok,and up for adoption. The lady is in jail being charged with animal cruelty and neglect .

:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry OH, I AM LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote No More Snow too . Really getting tired of it,but it is coming down again today .

That's what we're getting tomorrow I think:(

I want to scream!

Julie, I am not working on anything right now, how ever I am looking at learning how to do a quilted afghan, I was thinking about doing a sampler afghan with quilted images.

http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/QltGranny-Maple.html

There is one I found that I really like.

That's a nice pattern!!

Have you seen this site:

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/quilts.html

post-8552-135897621301_thumb.jpg

Hi Peachy

Perfectly ok -- we usually ask when someone new posts,but it's ok if you dont want to use your real name .

That quilt-ghan will be very pretty ! Will you be making it in all the red and white,as the pattern shows, or possibly fall colors ?

I'm sorta working on an afghan, or was --- most yarn aggravates my asthma ,and I spent 2 days this week using some yarn that I thought wasnt bothering me. Today, I am wheezing and coughing ,and my voice sounds hoarse ,so it looks like I'd better go back to the dishcloths or doilies ..can't seem to use anything else .

Hi Peachy

Perfectly ok -- we usually ask when someone new posts,but it's ok if you dont want to use your real name .

That quilt-ghan will be very pretty ! Will you be making it in all the red and white,as the pattern shows, or possibly fall colors ?

I'm sorta working on an afghan, or was --- most yarn aggravates my asthma ,and I spent 2 days this week using some yarn that I thought wasnt bothering me. Today, I am wheezing and coughing ,and my voice sounds hoarse ,so it looks like I'd better go back to the dishcloths or doilies ..can't seem to use anything else .

Jules, size 3 thread can make great runners, and the ww cotton can be used for tote bags, coasters - all of that!

Jude

I thought of you when they showed that story on the news-- since I know you love pets so much .They said it was pretty rare to charge someone like that,but I guess they must be cracking down more on people now .

The lady had a canoe in her back yard, turned upsdie down,and propped up with 4 boards or something on the corners to hold it up. This was supposedly where the dogs were staying.. it also showed their food and water bowls, frozen solid .

I think maybe they oughta let that lady live under the canoe,and let her food and water sit out til it is frozen -- see how she likes it !

Thanks for the suggestions, Jude !

I guess that is all I can do, is think of items to make using the cotton or thread .

I think I'll jump in on Tam's dishcloths of 2011 group -- might keep me more motivated if I am in a dishcloth group !

Sorry- forgot to say your snowflakes are very cute !

I think maybe they oughta let that lady live under the canoe,and let her food and water sit out til it is frozen -- see how she likes it !

I was actually going to suggest some horrible punishment for her...that sounds about right...:angry

I can't forgive someone for doing that. My friend here has a ShiTzu and they are so little and have no body fat to talk about.

SO horrible.

I can't even read books about animals being harmed.

Hello my friends~!

:manyheart:manyheart

Hope all is well today---I'm seeing lots of snooooow in your parts! YIKES :wbrr:snow

Marissa-Today and Cindy-Yesterday :bday

Linda---hope things get better w/ Kim--how hard to hang tight with so many emotions and things going well, then not. I'm not good with that sort of thing.

Dang it Sparkie------hope you get your Spark back! (Duke says HI! lol) He has a bad leg that when he peels out too much in the back yard in the summer or in the snow, he limps for a couple of days.

Here's a couple of pics----one from skiing that I laugh about----It was dark and I heard MoooooooooMMMMM from up yonder, just as I see Aree come flying by- she didn't hardly give me enough time to get my phone out! so.....away she went.

Duke---he says HI to ya'll! and me.....modeling my boyfriends new Tennesee Vol's beanie that I made last night (had to give my hand a break from the huge hook of the wedding ghan. )

post-35667-135897621308_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897621312_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897621316_thumb.jpg

Archived