Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Marisa- Judy & Cindy -

Jude- it is good of you to make so many items for so many people. I bet a lot of them have been saved throughout the years and are important keepsakes to them and their families .

Cindy- hope you like your new computer ,and thanks for stopping in. I know you'll be hopping the next few days . Don't wear yourself out !

Happy birthday Marlene! :bday:cake:party I hope it is a great one!!

Good morning everyone!!

Julie~No worries....besides spousal homicide I am behaving myself just fine. :devil

Judy~Yes, someone was nice enough to give me the link, but when I tried to use it.....it kept saying invalid picture. GRR!!

I am going to get my yarn out today and get started on my RR....or should I say Jaden's RR. ;)

I am off to do homework and i'll stop back in if I need a break or when I am finished. :yes

:sun........ Good Morning Family......... :mug

my deepest apologies for being absent.......... aww... prolly didnt even miss me huh?!

I have and still am sick........ this is rediculous! I dont usually get sick and now I have been in twice in the last few months!

It started as a simple cold and has become a serious pain in my chest... coughing like crazy.. cant sleep or get any rest... and laryngitis........ :sigh

Anyway... I'm finally on the computer a bit this morning and wanted to pop in and say :hi HI before I head out for yet another day of running errands.

Miss you guys....... :hug

catch up later

have a great day everyone!

:heart

:mug

Morning Marisa- Judy & Cindy -

Jude- it is good of you to make so many items for so many people. I bet a lot of them have been saved throughout the years and are important keepsakes to them and their families .

The little kids who have blankets I made for them call them their "Judy blankets":D

Okay, I already need a break. :rofl

So, what is everyone up to today? :think As you can see I am busy procrastinating. :D:P

I need to get back to the baby ghan...and saltine-making...and...

Well, you get the idea:lol

Morning House Family :hugHope everyone has a very nice day today.

Marlene :bday

I'm hopeful that I have a peaceful and fun day with grandbaby today he seem to be happy and all smiles today. BBL :manyheart

Good morning Housemates! It's sunny today after four days of clouds and rain. We even had a little hail yesterday. Yuck!

:birthday:cakeHappy Birthday, Marlene! :cake:birthday

I have made 15 blocks for mom's quilt so far and have 14 of them put together. That's the first 2 rows of 7 done. The first one has most of the double chain in it, but it's the addition of the second one which really makes the pattern pop in ways I didn't expect. Should have a nice progress picture by Friday. I have to make a whole bunch of the blocks now. That's the part that takes the most time on this quilt.

Rosie, my next door neighbor & quilt mentor, made it home late last night from her visit to their daughter in Colorado. Tomorrow she and John take off for a week long visit up north with friends.

They are closing the material section of our WalMart. :cry:cry:cry:cry I think it's a big mistake. They will be losing all the money a lot of sewers spend there as well as all the impulse purchases we make going through other departments to get there and back.

Good Morning, Ladies. :flower

Happy Birthday, Marlene! :cakeHave a wonderful day!

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're back. :hug Oh my, you've already done so much on the quilt! :cheer Our Walmarts have almost nothing in the way of sewing...and almost no yarn anymore. :(

Tam ~ Feel better soon! :hug

Need to leave to check on MIL - but plan on having some crochet time later today! Have a good day. :manyheart

TAB ---

You'd best get your DUFF in gear . Don't make me come up there after you. I'll be really ticked if I have to drive that far just to kick your buns .

You said you were gonna jumpin and get a project going. I expect to see one of them round ripples big enough to fit a bed by Photo Friday ,which, may I remind you, is TWO days from now .

Get busy little missie .

(Joking, but I thought it might help to give you a little kick-start ) :D

Well Tam -- my old hunting buddy .... Doggone, you gotta get yourself patched up . I agree with Jude, a Dr visit is in order -- you may need a little something to get that germ outta your body .

Take care of yourself !!!

Jude- we all seem to have WAY too many ideas and not enough time to do all them, do we ?

Hey Miss Cheeria- glad the babe is having a happier day today. We all have them days ..

Hope you get some crochet time in sometime later .

Good morning Linda !

It's sunny here too. A little cold out today, but pretty .

It sounds like you have a good start on your mom's quilt already ,so that's good !

I know what you mean about Walmart's craft section. They keep cutting ours down smaller and smaller . Hope they don't totally get rid of it,because it's quite a ways to the bigger craft stores,and I aint been straying far from home lately til I get my breathing shaped up. Makes me nervous to go far from home .

We'll be looking for a photo on Friday of the quilt --

I'll have my RR partially done. Not sure how big I'll go with it. I guess when I get tired of working on it, I'll move onto something else .

Hello all!!! I read it's someone's birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I must be having the WORST day of my life! I woke up and was 30 minutes late! there was no hot water in my house (my mother [i still live with my mother.. while I go to Nursing School...] decided to take an HOUR shower!!!!)so I took a COLD shower, got out late, didnt have time to drink my coffee (i'm a zombie without my first cup of 'joe' and my head will hurt the whole day if I don't drink any) completely... I forgot to take my zyrec D (my mother decided to move them from the kitchen counter to I dont know where)... so my allergies are killing me... my car wouldn't start (which I have no idea why! it's only 3 years old and I made sure my lights and everything was turned OFF last night when I got home from class), then i got to the neighborhood where I work (I babysit full time... i'm a nanny, I suppose?) and I realized I left my lunch at home (i'm a vegetarian and they have no veggies or anything in their house).... ugh... Nothing like a little crochetting wont help... oh! and my 3 year old son and the almost 4 year old girl I babysit have decided to TERRORIZE the house... and EVERYTHING is a mess now... ::sighs:: sorry all..I just needed to vent.

I hope you feel better soon Tam. :manyheart

Judy blankets....now that is awesome. :c9

Linda~Our Walmart built a new super center last year and did away with a ton in the craft section. I went looking for fabric ribbon and zip, zero, zilch....I was mad. Ours too has a tiny yarn selection and no fabric now. :(

Julie~Yes mother. :yes I finished my homework and am going upstairs now.

Now. Really!

Okay, now.

Alright *sigh* I am going.

Later. :devil

Hello all!!! I read it's someone's birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I must be having the WORST day of my life! I woke up and was 30 minutes late! there was no hot water in my house (my mother [i still live with my mother.. while I go to Nursing School...] decided to take an HOUR shower!!!!)so I took a COLD shower, got out late, didnt have time to drink my coffee (i'm a zombie without my first cup of 'joe' and my head will hurt the whole day if I don't drink any) completely... I forgot to take my zyrec D (my mother decided to move them from the kitchen counter to I dont know where)... so my allergies are killing me... my car wouldn't start (which I have no idea why! it's only 3 years old and I made sure my lights and everything was turned OFF last night when I got home from class), then i got to the neighborhood where I work (I babysit full time... i'm a nanny, I suppose?) and I realized I left my lunch at home (i'm a vegetarian and they have no veggies or anything in their house).... ugh... Nothing like a little crochetting wont help... oh! and my 3 year old son and the almost 4 year old girl I babysit have decided to TERRORIZE the house... and EVERYTHING is a mess now... ::sighs:: sorry all..I just needed to vent.

:hug Feel free to vent any time. :hug Hope the day goes better from now on.

I went upstairs and Houston we have a problem.....I have no yarn. Ok, so I have yarn, but no boy colors that Jaden will want. I have pinks and purples and browns. :yarn

The light at the end of the tunnel is that the yarn shop is opening at noon today......oh I forgot to mention that our town now has a yarn shop. Exspensive, but nice. I just want to go and pull all of the yummy yarns of the shelves and sleep on them. :lol

So, I will go down at noon and then I will get started. Deal? :yes

:hug Feel free to vent any time. :hug Hope the day goes better from now on.

Thanks Linda! :hug

Julie, I wonder why also.. something to do with the Moon and the Sun rotation perhaps? :think

on a good note, its almost naptime for the kids!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Alright Tab

We'll give you til High Noon, Houston .

Check back in this afternoon . If I don't hear that hook sliding through some yarn by then, Houston, We will have a REAL problem .

I'm supposed to stay on your tail about this, right ????

Wasn't that the deal we made ?

( think she'll fall for this,anybody ? )

Jude- we all seem to have WAY too many ideas and not enough time to do all them, do we ?

Ain't THAT the truth!

I went upstairs and Houston we have a problem.....I have no yarn. Ok, so I have yarn, but no boy colors that Jaden will want. I have pinks and purples and browns. :yarn

The light at the end of the tunnel is that the yarn shop is opening at noon today......oh I forgot to mention that our town now has a yarn shop. Exspensive, but nice. I just want to go and pull all of the yummy yarns of the shelves and sleep on them. :lol

So, I will go down at noon and then I will get started. Deal? :yes

Tab....my totes are bulging with yarn.:devil

What colors would you want? I'll send them to you! How old is Jaden??

Archived