Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi, Denise! :hi Long time no see. How are you? What are you working on now?

Nicole, those are lovely!

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful December day here. John had his first checkup with the surgeon yesterday and the surgeon was very pleased with his progress. He okayed the trip to Louisiana on Sunday. He took out all the staples and said the incision is healing nicely. They'll do x-rays on the next visit to check out how the bone is healing.

I've got the next block of the dragon ghan almost ready to put together. My hands were too sore yesterday to do much. I have to hide the tails on four blocks and then I can sew it together.

Have a good day, everyone. More later.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two blocks of saltines crocheted and put together as the first two blocks. And most of the saltines for the next block are crocheted and ready to put together. :hook

Two blocks of saltines crocheted and put together as the first two blocks. And most of the saltines for the next block are crocheted and ready to put together. :hook

:cheeryay...cant wait to see it...its going to be so pretty!!

I'm working on the Tree Of Life and a Knitted Rambling Rows :blush I am finding that Knitting is easier on my wrists...when i crochet they pop and get sore but they don't when i knit...maybe i need one of those wrist gloves :think

Now back to searching for what im going to do in the crochet Olympics!!

I seriously need to get my backside back over here and get busy on my quiltghan and others that I want to make!

I have been real good so far this year... I have 3 ghans done and two in the works. I need to dig out my quiltghan and get back to work on it!!!!

Okay.. thats it............. I've talked myself into it.

*Off to find my quiltghan* :yes

:heart

:mug

Thanks, Shay. I'm pleased with it so far.

Hi, Tam! :hi Good to see you back here. I'm going to have to dig out the Painted Dessert soon, so I can get it finished. I've got a couple things to make up first and then it will rise to the top of the list. Watching the dragon ghan begin to take shape reminded me of how much I like doing these things. You may have to blow the dust off the Smackdown chart soon, Mary. :lol

Thanks, Shay. I'm pleased with it so far.

Hi, Tam! :hi Good to see you back here. I'm going to have to dig out the Painted Dessert soon, so I can get it finished. I've got a couple things to make up first and then it will rise to the top of the list. Watching the dragon ghan begin to take shape reminded me of how much I like doing these things. You may have to blow the dust off the Smackdown chart soon, Mary. :lol

Hey there!!!!

Thanks for the welcome back!!!! :hug

I cant wait to see the dragon'ghan!!!

Shoot... I cant wait to see me get my quiltghan done... LOL

back at it!

have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

Hi Ladies! Obviously, I couldn't hook up to DH's office line...too many networking and security add-ons...I've missed you all terribly! :yes

Diane ~ Your afghan is gorgeous! All of your work is just beautiful. :clap Thank you for the compliment on the baby ghan. :manyheart The round ripples are fun and once you establish the pattern, they go pretty fast.

Hi Milo! Come visit whenever you can. :)

Dusti ~ I love the socks! The tube socks are so cute and I think the wrinkle adds character to the regular sock. ;):D

Denise! ~ It's so good to see you again. I hope all is well with you. :)

Nicole ~ Your Tunisian work is so pretty! I love the Entrelac pattern and the heart dishcloth is perfect for Valentine's Day. :yes

Tammy ~ Hi! I'll post the "scorecard" a little later. Are you still doing lots of crocheting?

Shay ~ The Tree of Life pattern is so pretty! We love pictures. :D

Hi Tam ~ Wow! You've finished lots of projects. :clap I hope you'll keep us posted on your quiltghan progress. :hook

Linda ~ I'm so glad John is doing well...and that you'll have a little break soon. :hug Great progress on the dragon! Are you going to name him? :think And yes, I think it's about time to dust off the smackdown list. :lol

Milo ~ :welcome Hope you jump right in and join us in making these addictive little squares.

Denise ~ Sounds as though you are real busy with home improvement projects. Good to see you, again :)

Nicole ~ Love the looks of both of your projects! Your scarf looks as though it could be in an advertisement -- perfect. And, since it is my favorite colors, it really appeals to me. I have not looked into Tunisian-style crocheting, but your hot pad does look perfect for Valentine's Day.

Stunning! I love working from graphs, too. I hate the ends though. Others here have tried to convince me that it's "zen-like", but I just can't agree. :lol
:laughroll I'm with you. Weaving ends is necessary, but not my most-favorite part of any project.

Linda ~ Sounds as though John is sailing down the road-to-recovery. It's amazing how quickly those staples and everything were ready to come out. I hope he has the strength to jump back in at work on the time-table he set for himself, but my fingers are crossed, because his return to work = return to a more normal schedule for you!

You are just flying along on your dragon 'ghan. Way to go :cheer

Hi, Tammy :hi Are you working on a quilt-ghan pattern, now?

Wow, Tam, I am impressed with the number of afghans you have finished, recently :clap Good to see you, and we are definitely here to offer encouragement as you dust off your quilt-ghan.

So glad your Internet connection is fixed, Mary. Hope all is well on your end. Thanks for the positive twist on my funky sock heel. It needed help of some sort :P

Have a good evening of crocheting, Friends :crocheting

Mary.... I sure will keep you posted! I need to get this quilt'ghan done and make others!

Dusti..... thanks for the kind words... I have my quilt'ghan back out and am going to get busy getting it DONE! :U

Finally! The AT&T guy just left and now I get to catch up! Be back soon.:hook

Yay...back on...when mine was off for about a month i thought i was going to die...my DH said he could just about see me shaking :lol

I seriously need to get my backside back over here and get busy on my quiltghan and others that I want to make!

I have been real good so far this year... I have 3 ghans done and two in the works. I need to dig out my quiltghan and get back to work on it!!!!

Shhhhh...don't say that because then i will have to dig mine out and in not ready yet...to much going on!Which one are you doing?I forgot :think

Linda...How much done now?

Dusti ~ Just the fact that you try new things is wonderful! Years ago, we had a neighbor who crocheted without looking at her hands...socks, slippers, hats included! I've yet to even try socks. :blush:lol

Tam ~ Can't wait to see what you're working on!

Shay ~ You can't hide from us. ;):D I could never have gone as long as you did without the internet. :eek DH is out of town or he would have seen me pacing and shaking, too. :lol

I did crochet more the last few days. Gracie is growing up (a little) and is becoming my crochet buddy. She hasn't grabbed the yarn and run with it in at least a month. :dog Zoe, the Cat is still not to be trusted though. :no

Linda...How much done now?

I'm caught up to the point where I have to earn more squares before I can do any more.

I did crochet more the last few days. Gracie is growing up (a little) and is becoming my crochet buddy. She hasn't grabbed the yarn and run with it in at least a month. :dog Zoe, the Cat is still not to be trusted though. :no

Yeah, Gracie! Uh-oh, Zoe!

Shay......... aww.. come on... you can work a few saltines here and there with me............ cant you............. PWEEEEEZE! :U

I never finished that Panda Bear picture that my son Michael did at school. I was turning it into a quilt'ghan.

Hmmmm... let me see Mary... I have a pic of the graph.... not sure if I have a pic of progress though... let me do some digging for the pics

Ok now you have me looking again :rolleyes

As you all know by now my goal is to do the Cassa this year...well look what i found...she did it in solid squares and they are bigger....now i cant get it out of my head...ummm maybe i can make that part of my Crochet Olympics...so many squares done in 16 days...jezzz look what you have done :angry

Color,colors,colors :badidea

As you all know by now my goal is to do the Cassa this year...well look what i found...she did it in solid squares and they are bigger....now i cant get it out of my head...ummm maybe i can make that part of my Crochet Olympics...so many squares done in 16 days...jezzz look what you have done :angry

:hook ooooh... wouldnt that be cool! you could commit to a certain number of squares and then look at how much closer you would be to having it done! :D

You could... you could.. you could!

I do like how that one is in bigger squares.

Ok since someoneTammy and Mary we will not mention since they are evil :devil

Got me thinking again which for me means more WIPs on my really long list not to mention the strain...but i just had to play around with it....don't look at the colors they are just scrap yarn...it takes 4 rows to equal 4 saltines(just a hair off)I really think i like the granny better then the solid one,,,what do you ladies think??I would need 266 squares total.

Now if i were to do that for the Olympics i would need to make at-least 19 squares a day for 14 days and that would leave 2 days to sew together and put a border on :blinkSo do you think i could do it our would i :help Boy im tired already and i haven't even done it yet :tired I think i would need lots of :morcoffee Tammy.

post-3370-135897497952_thumb.jpg

Got me thinking again which for me means more WIPs on my really long list not to mention the strain...but i just had to play around with it....don't look at the colors they are just scrap yarn...it takes 4 rows to equal 4 saltines(just a hair off)I really think i like the granny better then the solid one,,,what do you ladies think??I would need 266 squares total.

Now if i were to do that for the Olympics i would need to make at-least 19 squares a day for 14 days and that would leave 2 days to sew together and put a border on :blinkSo do you think i could do it our would i :help Boy im tired already and i haven't even done it yet :tired I think i would need lots of :morcoffee Tammy.

:yay:yay:yay You're gonna come play!!! :nahnah LOL...LOL...LOL

19 squares a day .. huh? I think you can do it!

You know me......... I have a pot of coffee on ALL THE TIME! So help yourself! Even if your goal was to just have the squares made by the end of the Olympics... then you could put them together after... would be a major deal. You could have that 'ghan made and enjoying it!

I'm going to be designing and crocheting a sweater for the Olympics. :scared Which means sweater designed and pattern written and sweater crocheted in that time limit. OMy... saying that out loud just scared me.:faint

I totally need a :mug refill!

then need to find more yarn for this quilt'ghan! :think hmm... stash diving time!

btw.......... I like the pink/purple granny!!! :hook

I love those squares (ok, not the color so much, but that's ok hehehe).

I personally have always stunk at creating a split square like that - how did you get yours so nice... do you carry the yarn through as you crochet with 1 color or ????? To be honest I had a couple epic fails and really haven't given thought to it until I saw your gorgeously crocheted squares.

Good Morning, Ladies! :)

I'm caught up to the point where I have to earn more squares before I can do any more.

Great progress, Linda! :cheer

Evil? Me? :lol:devil Tam's idea sounds good...if your goal is to make the squares without joining, maybe it won't be so overwhelming. :think I love the look of both squares, but am partial to the regular granny. :hook

DH will be home later today, so time for a trip to the grocery store. Have a good morning!

Nicole, those are lovely!

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful December day here. John had his first checkup with the surgeon yesterday and the surgeon was very pleased with his progress. He okayed the trip to Louisiana on Sunday. He took out all the staples and said the incision is healing nicely. They'll do x-rays on the next visit to check out how the bone is healing.

Have a good day, everyone. More later.

Thanks! I'm so glad John is doing well.

Nicole, pretty projects. :yes

Thanks!

Sheesh - I haven't psoted in here in so long - Have no idea what my count it..

Welcome back! I have never kept count of my saltines. It's okay if you have forgotten. Though I bet Mary still has it on a list somewhere. :yes

Go, Linda!

Hurray! Welcome back!!!

Finally! The AT&T guy just left and now I get to catch up! Be back soon.:hook

:cheer

Hi Ladies! Obviously, I couldn't hook up to DH's office line...too many networking and security add-ons...I've missed you all terribly! :yes

Nicole ~ Your Tunisian work is so pretty! I love the Entrelac pattern and the heart dishcloth is perfect for Valentine's Day. :yes

Thanks! I'm so glad you're back. We've missed you! :hug

Nicole ~ Love the looks of both of your projects! Your scarf looks as though it could be in an advertisement -- perfect. And, since it is my favorite colors, it really appeals to me. I have not looked into Tunisian-style crocheting, but your hot pad does look perfect for Valentine's Day.

:laughroll I'm with you. Weaving ends is necessary, but not my most-favorite part of any project.

Have a good evening of crocheting, Friends :crocheting

Thanks, Dusti! You just gave me a great idea. It's supposed to be a dishcloth, but it's definitely thick enough to be a hotpad....thanks! I hope you and your family are doing well. :hug

Yay...back on...when mine was off for about a month i thought i was going to die...my DH said he could just about see me shaking :lol

:lol

Awe, sweet, little Gracie is growing up! I feel like she's sort of the Happy House mascot. :manyheart

Shay......... aww.. come on... you can work a few saltines here and there with me............ cant you............. PWEEEEEZE! :U

I never finished that Panda Bear picture that my son Michael did at school. I was turning it into a quilt'ghan.

Hmmmm... let me see Mary... I have a pic of the graph.... not sure if I have a pic of progress though... let me do some digging for the pics

I remember you posting pictures of that bear graph. I really want to see what it looks like crocheted. :yes

:clap That is very cool with the bigger squares.

Well, I work full time so my first thought was, "No way!" But if you don't I think it's do-able.

Good Morning, Ladies! :)

DH will be home later today, so time for a trip to the grocery store. Have a good morning!

Good morning!

Hmm...not much going on with me. I'll probably come up with something to stay as soon as I hit "Submit Reply"! :D

Nicole: you are such a doll.........thanks for the welcome back.

yeah... I need to find those pics... or maybe just take new ones! I really want to get this afghan done! I would love to make a few different ones this year using graphs from my kids! :U

Hi, everybody! It's been busy in here today. This is the first I've had a chance to get on today. I've been cutting out the pieces for 3 baby quilts to make for the local hospital and working some on a knitted helmet liner I'm making for John and Kim's DIL. She's stationed over in Afghanistan for the next year. Knitting's a whole lot more work than crocheting and a whole lot slower, too. This is the crochet for charity weekend for that's what I'm working on for the next few days.

Archived