Help with Hairpin Lace Crochet Fork

sydney811

HELP!!! I recently found a great pattern for a scarf on a hairfin lace crochet fork, but I'm having lots of troubles with the directions. I've looked at other people's sites, but I just can't seem to make it work. The yarn just seems to get all twisted and it looks horrible. Thanks!!

Katie :blush

Katie,

What specifically seems to be your trouble? Hairpin lace can be frustrating to get the hang of, but once you do it is kind of fun. I also found that the old fashioned loom that looks like football goalposts, tall with the brace on the top and bottom, worked best. The smaller, yellow one made by Clover was much harder for me to try to use. I finally gave up on it and when I went to the goalpost style it worked much better for me.

Wrights website (they make Boye hooks) has some information on hairpin lace that I found helpful when I was learning (I don't remember the URL, but you can search for Wrights or Boye hooks and find it). You might also try your library for some old crochet books. It seems to have been much more popular years ago, and I found some useful tips and illustrations in some of my mom's magazines from way back.

If you let us know what exactly you don't understand then we can try to be more helpful.

Archived