christening ensemble

sfgwife

I did this set for our best friends since I don't remember when. They have a set of twinkies and are expecting a single girl this time. So here is Miss Sophia's gift from me. It didn't have a blanket pattern to go with so I just used the pattern in the dress for the blanket.

It is from a leisure arts booklet. I made everything except for the book covers. Enjoy!

christeningset1.jpg

christeningset2.jpg

christeningset3.jpg

christeningset4.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nikki, that Christening ensemble is absolutely OUTSTANDING! What is the name of the book you used? .....and how did you make up that blanket?

You did such a great job on the set.....actually, you did better than a great job, so what would be the word? Superb? Fantastico? Monumentous Beautious? Well, whatever the best word could be....that would describe your talent on the baby set. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I'm in awe and amazement!

:hug

Daisy

It is from a leisure arts booklet called Christening Ensemble #2882

I am glad that everyone liked it. I worked on this for several months. It is also done in size 10 thread.

Daisy the dress is made up of squares around the bottom and a shell st in the middle and that is how I got the blanket. I just added a little more netting and sc for the border and larger shells so it would be kinda ruffly but not too much.

Archived