Do you work?

If I worked there, I'd be eating all the pizza...how do you manage??? :rofl:rofl:rofl

You would tire of it quickly, trust me! I used to work at Bojangles (fried chicken), it didn't take long before I couldn't stand to be around chicken much less think of eating it! LOL

That said, I no longer work outside the home. I drove a school bus for too many years. Over time the kids just kept getting worse in general. I finally had to give it up for health reasons. The stress was just too much.

I am currently a stay at home grandma and an aspiring crochet designer. I hope to be published soon! I am also returning to school so I will have a steady career once Ben starts school full time in a few more years. :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last fall I closed my store, a wild bird specialty shop, and now work F/T as a Bank Teller. Weekends tend to be my crochet time. I used to crochet between customers when I had the store.

i work for decisionone a refurbishment company contracted through dell. monday throught friday. i usually crochet weekends sometimes after work but sometimes i just cant lol. i stalk crochetville on my phone while im at work though kinda like now.

Worked all my life, went back to school to be a RN in my early 30's. Was a Gerontological Nurse for many years and now home. I'm a kidney patient and i just couldn't do those hours any more.

Happy to home.

• 1 month later...

I have been on a disability pension for a few medical problems for a few years now, but have recently started working again. It's only 8 hours a week (I need to build up slowly after so long off work and to see if my body can handle it) and I have no children so I really could just crochet all day if I wanted to.

I'm getting ready right now as we speak to start my retirement.

I do NOT ever have to go to work again! Yay!!

I'm done with working. My mom is going to move in with me.....I'm 57, she's 84.

We're going to spend these last years that she has left, together, doing things and going places. I'm tired of working, I get lonesome here by myself, she gets lonesome by herself.....but we're going to be together and I don't have to work anymore!!!

I will have time to get my house/yard work done, time for my crocheting, cross stitching, or painting, I am going to get back into church....I have plenty to keep me busy.

If we're not going somewhere I have plenty of hobbies to fall back on.

Plenty of books to read...my mom likes to read...so she can get into all my books and read....she doesn't care to crochet or cross stitch...but there will be plenty to read.

• 4 weeks later...

I work part time at a local grocery store. My hours were just cut to 15 per week til we get busy again (Thanksgiving & Christmas weeks). Then they have to give us 20 hours in Jan. I love my customers, but some days I can't wait for them to end

I do little odds and ends work, but I mostly SAH with my youngest (13mo). We live on a farm w/cattle, though, so there's always something to be done.

I do miss working outside the home, though. Before I moved here I worked in finance and loved it. I've been contemplating going back...

I work full time 40 hours a week sometimes 16 hour days other days just the 8 hour days. I take my crochet with me as I work as a Nursing assistant in the evenings and between putting folks in bed and doing my final rounds I may have 30-45 min of down time that I am listening out for bed alarms and call lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a teacher, so I have pretty sweet hours, home by 3:30 every day. I am also pregnant and using that as an excuse to not do much more than hook and websurf! :-)

Well when I first posted here I was only working 8 hours a week and had all the time I wanted to crochet. Well I just got a full time job, so I think my crocheting will be limited to how ever must time I can get on public transport on the way to and from work now.

I am currently looking for work, but also sharing the caretaking for my parents with my sisters and brother - one sister and I have been doing most of it for the past few months. I do direct sales - so not really unemployed, just underemployed - and trying to figure out how to fit a job into the caretaking schedule. I get most of my crocheting done while sitting with my parents or in waiting rooms (and occasionally while watching football at home).

My fiance and I own a cleaning business. We had just hired employees and got the hang of that. I was able to start staying home and work the office end of the business while my fiance did most of the supervising of the employees.

Things have slowed down so we've cut back on employee hours and now I'm out there doing some of the cleaning with him. I look forward to the business picking up so I can step back again and do most of the working from home and have more free time :) I loved being able to stay home most of last winter when it was cold :)

I work, and work, and work.......Since they cut back on people, those of us that are here, are working alot of extra hours. I just tell myself I am blessed with a job and we are able to put our son through college. I am counting the years until retirement.

• 1 month later...

I wish I didn't have to but I work as a waitress on the graveyard shift at a little restaurant here in town. I keep asking if the boss will let me crochet in between tables and they keep telling me no.

But one of these days, I will be able to stay home and crochet all I want to. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that the day that happens it won't be by my choice.

But to the dream of one day being able to sit down and crochet whenever I want..... I raise my can of Mountain Dew!!!!

:cheer:crocheting:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a sahm mom to two small girls (3yrs and almost 7months) so I'm going to say that yes I do work. But I also run a small Etsy shop and do freelance work on the internet so I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to crochet. I actually got more done when I was working a full time job, lol.

I work mostly full time (sometimes overtime,:clap sometimes parttime:help) on third shift. My hubby is unemployed (he has money coming in from the VA:rose), but will be looking for work in January. I crochet and surf mostly at work, have to keep the eyes open somehow!:compute:book:crocheting

Every Friday, I have a yarn group at the local library (teaching kids of all ages to knit :knit- that's someone else's gig - and crochet :hook- that's me!), that I love to do. No kids together, DH has three from his 1st marriage, plus two DGS. We are also looking at getting into quilting:sew, and (DH) woodworking, so we keep busy!

I work at least 50 hours a week at a veterinary hospital, but my boss is pretty lenient when it comes to internet time. If we're not busy & I've finished cleaning, I can sit down & hop on here (and look up patterns). Sometimes, when we're really slow, I can even work on a project at work!

I work from home as a transcriptionist and have a special needs 4 yo DS. So I can usually crochet during the day if I get my work done for my prayer shawl group at church.

I'm trying to set goals to make things for myself or as Christmas gifts and get a head start on those for next year. I also want to participate in some craft shows as well so my husband and I have designed some patterns that will hopefully sell. In the meantime, I want to make them first, work out kinks and then venture into the outside world.

I wish I could sit all day and crochet. My son doesn't seem to mind me sitting in a chair crocheting but doesn't like it when I'm on the computer working.

Archived