Do you work?

Funny I should find this thread tonight!

I LOVE Crochetville, and was just about to start an "I miss you all" thread!

I started a new job on Jan 31st, and I LOVE it, but I'm working like a dog, and racing around and have all sorts of new job stress. On my old job, I didn't have enough work, and could check in during the day. Now I'm so busy that lunch often feels like a luxury! I love my job, but I miss Crochetville. In the evenings I'm at the gym with the trainer (though I'm not losing weight :( ) and then by weekend when I can get back here, there are so many posts that I just can't catch up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, don't work, at least not any more. I ran an inhome infant daycare for 30 years. Loved it, but retired at 50 to go on the road with DH, he travels for his job with UPRR and we stay in our Motorhome. I love it, have lots of time to crochet and do other crafts.

I work several jobs. My "main" job is as an computer programmer/analyst (PT, 20 hrs), but I also work the front desk at the family business (an auto repair shop) PT, and I'm now a new crochet instructor at Michael's (another PT job). On the side (in my free time!), I do custom crochet work and sell the items direct from my website, plus I sell doilies on eBay on a regular basis, and on top of that, I play the violin with my sis at weddings and other events. I guess that makes 3 PT jobs, and 3 freelance ones. In any case, I'm pretty busy! :tired

I am a hospice nurse, I work anywhere from 24 to as many as 61 hours a week. Week before last I did the 61 hours.:eek I started with a new agency & we only have a few of the nurses on staff so we all did a marathon week. Most of the time I work 3. 12 hr. shifts. That's a lot easier to deal with. I love my work but it can be stressfull. I like to take a crochet project to work on because I can do that & watch my patient too. I can lay it down & come back to it. My son is grown & him & his family live in Vermont for now. So it is just DH & me. DH helps me a great deal or I'd be in trouble. :yes I am thankful that I was able to be a stay at home mom when my kids were growing up. I went to nursing school to help me refocus after our DD passed away. I love Crochetville!!:manyheart I never knew there were so many people with all of this in comon. :hug It's great to make new friends!

I work as a CNA doing home health. I had a client for awhile that liked to crochet as well so after her bath we would sit and crochet for 3 hours. She was great. I can do that with the lady I care for now as well. Now *crossing fingers* in July I hope to be in nursing school. That is gonna cut into all free time. Will be in school all day and work in evenings. Will have to sneak some in here and there.

• 1 year later...

When my maternity leave is over in a week (then already!!) I will be working 4 days a week for a total of 32 hours. My husband is also going back to 4 days so that already is 2 days covered for looking after our little girl. My parents also do one day and she'll be going to daycare for 2 days.

I always wanted to be a SAHM, but I've been divorced for 17 years so work was a must. When the boys were small, I babysat, cleaned houses and whatever else I could do to stay with them. Now I'm back to work at a health clinic and I am a special projects co-ordinator, which means I run a state funded program for women who have no insurance but need womens health. It's fun, but I sure my my kids. (They're 21 and 17).

I was a letter carrier for 22 years and a lab tech for 10 before that

had enough!! and now hubby make my working a tax liability so i can

stay at home and crochet :hook- at last when the dog doesn't need to be let out---

lynn

dragonpuck

I am a self-employed paralegal and do research for real estate appraisers and work one or two days a week at the present time BUT when the market is busier I have to work more. With the slow down in building and property sales, I am not as busy unless an appraiser calls me looking for comps. Also my dh retired March 1 but he still has his own appraisal business which is slow now. We will both continue to work some at least until our son who has two more years of college finishes. We dread next summer when he will probably do an internship in Bristol, Conn. or New York but we are exited for him.

I work!! which is a nice change from working 2 jobs while going to school full time. can i just say i LOVEEEE this 9-5 (ish) thing?! i knit on my commute in the morning and evening (I take public transportation) and often spend my evenings and weekends working on projects. it's so nice to not feel guilty about crocheting instead of doing homework.

oh, and i LOOOOOVVVEEEE my job!! i am an assistant buyer for Macy's. it's basically my dream job and is every bit as amazing as i thought it would be!! :)

I stopped working 8 years ago due to health reasons, at the time I had no idea my "life of leisure" would extend so much but it did and I have not always liked it because I've often felt like an oddity, also my social life dwindled to nothing and even when feeling better my motivation to do things outside the home simply wasn't there. My regular source of income stopped last year and it seems I'll have to find some type of work in the next few months before my savings totally run out. I'm really not looking forward to going out to work after such a long time because all my skills are now rusty, I hate driving and all types of stress so I'm hoping maybe I can do something from home, particularly so I can continue to crochet away because since I rediscovered it back in March I've been enjoying it way too much.:hook

• 1 year later...

i am a SAHM of two alaskan malamutes, two rat terriers and seven cats

I am one of the lucky ones---I work at home Mon-Fri full time. I am a medical sales rep......making calls around the USA--love it and been at it over 8 years.

I also have a website for doing silk wedding flowers--in my spare time.

I just retired a week ago, at 65. I really thought I'd have more time to crochet but it isn't happening. MY DH helps with the housework, grocery shopping, cooking and laudnry but he needs a hobby. Trying to crochet is a challenge so I try to do it while he's sleeping or on kidney dialysis, three days a week. It's the only way I can count stitches and not mess up. I think I got more crochetig done when we both worked.

:hook

i work mon - fri as the daytime shift manager @ Pizza Hut:blink

If I worked there, I'd be eating all the pizza...how do you manage??? :rofl:rofl:rofl

Archived