Do you work?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work full time - 40 hours a week as a Buyer and Production Planner for TWO companies (sister companies). We are small companies that have no secretarial help, so also have to do all of that in relation to my jobs. We have a production team that needs constant babysitting by not only their boss, but by me when he is not available. So, I am very busy at work. I do enjoy crocheting during my lunch to relieve some tension and when the comments start abouting crocheting and being an old lady (I am not, only 50 and proud of it) I close my door! When I get home, only the dog to take care of and if the main living areas are semi clean, I will crochet the evening away for a few hours. Some day, I may even get around to getting the rest of the house clean :rofl!

I am a full time college student & mom right now but i am graduating in May. I have worked full time since I was 16 (25 now) but quit 6 months ago to finish school, at the rate i was going working it was going to take another 2 years what i did in 2 semesters! :cheer

Pam, first of all, thank you and your kids for your sacrifice and service!! :sun

I work outside the home 40 hours a week, and then come home and cook, clean, and do laundry for my hubby and son. I crochet when I come home for lunch in the afternoon, while I'm waiting for supper to get done, and after cleaning up the kitchen after supper!!

I work 40+ hours per week at a funeral home, and crocheting at night is my stress relief. I am incredibly lucky to have my MIL live right beside us, and there is dinner cooked and waiting for us (myself, hubby & son) when we get home from work. So I have several hours every night to crochet and de-stress.

I do not work outside of the home. I am a stay at home mommy and have been since I got pregnant with my son...I was on bedrest and when he was born neither me nor my hubby liked the idea of leaving the baby in a daycare, so we decided that we had done it long enough with only one income and we lived fine. So I can crochet at home in sporadic little spurts between taking care of my boy, cleaning, and cooking.

I wish I was a SAHM. I work at least 40 hrs/week, spend another hr a day in total dropping off/picking up my 5 month old, come home, give her a bottle, make dinner for me and my husband, give the munchkin a bath, clean up the dishes for the night, when I can I throw a load of laundry in the washer. Then I get a chance to relax. If I am lucky I can get an hr a night of crochet in before I go to bed. If I ever pick the right 6 numbers I will definatly be a SAHM!

Another full-time outside-the-home worker and domestic executive. DH and I are lucky enough to both have jobs with one day off every two weeks, so there's a parent home every Friday. Now that the kids are getting older (DD is 10, DS2 is 12 and DS1 is practically 16), there's less of the issues that go with the earlier grades; but there's still dance and basketball to contend with.

I'll get a few minutes here and there on week-nights, and maybe a good couple of hours on week-ends. That explains why the stash is more likely to grow than shrink! :yarn

While I'm not 'wired' for staying home (nearly two years around my first son's appearance really took its toll on my psyche as I am a reserved introvert), I truly admire those who can do it - especially the home-schoolers. That's a challenge - and it's great to hear that many do take it up. :cheer

I'm a "mostly-SAHM" (although it's less and less SAH!

BC (before child) I was a marketing director, but now I work p/t with incredibly flexible hours and work from home ability doing web design and marketing for a regional magazine. It's the perfect job for me because my husband works such odd hours and schedule (he's a police officer, so between beat and court he's all over the place!). We're blessed that we haven't had to put our sweetpea in daycare (we couldn't afford it unless I went back full-time, and then what's the point?), and we get to "hang out" during the time I work from home.

I am actually starting to look at expanding my web design horizons, but I'm better at marketing companies and products than myself! :U

I am a school librarian, and work 6 hours a day. I used to work full-time in a big public library, but stopped altogether when my son was born. When he was a little older, I decided to go back to work, but in a less demanding job, with shorter working hours, hence the school. Now he is 18, the last thing he wants is ma hanging around, and I am so glad I discovered crochetville to help me spend my free time pleasantly.I don't regret giving up my career to be a full-time mother, but I do need the interest crochet provides in my life.

Yup, I'm a single homeowner so by necessity I work full time.

Ditto! 40 hours a week at work plus all the up keep of a home. There's always some thing that needs to be done but I'm learning to live with a messy house in order to get some leisure time!

Luckily, my actual work doesn't total 40 hours. I'm a massage therapist and limit myself to three one hour massages per day, and I work five days a week. 15 hours of full body massages is plenty when you have a bad back!:yes

I have stayed home since my daughter was born 20 years ago. The youngest is now 12, and my parents are aging, so I am around for them now too. I have been lucky to have an understanding husband and it helps that none of us are greedy.

I work a 40 hour week; plus right now we've been assigned up to 24.5 hours overtime per week for probably 6 weeks! That's the job I get paid for....then there is the job I don't get paid for.....I'm a single mom of 2 boys so then I come home and work to do laundry and fix meals and crochet if I can fit it in.

Hi I work 38 to 40 hrs a week. Would love to be able to stay home. My DH is disabled working on getting ss. So Iam the only income coming in. Cathryn what part of wyo do you live? We lived in Cheyenne for about 20yrs before returning to nebr.I also have been dieting . Have lost close to 70lbs. Have to watch all the sweet stuff at work. Everyone seems to be bringing treats and some are just to good to past up. Happy Crocheting

I work too! I try to stay focused and get all my housework done and errands before i crochet. However, rainy days or even snowy days can take over me and i find myself lost in yarn!

I have a job I love, but also love lazy crochet days. However, when I take time off from work, after a week my mind tells me to go back. My body would like to stay at home and just do home things!

I'm a full-time student and mom of 4...and THANK GOD I was just able to quit a job that I HATED! So to answer your question...no I don't hold a job...but it's not that I don't WORK. :lol And I still can't find enough hours in the day to do all the crocheting I'd like to do. :hook

I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd stick it here as well, since it's the TOPIC of the thread. :P

I'm a SAHM. Now. I USED to work full time - and then some. Hubby was a SAHD and I worked 40-60 hour weeks. (I took all the overtime available to me.) From day 1, I would have preferred to stay home and Hubby would have preferred to go to work... but I made considerably more money than he did, so it just made sense for me to be the one to go to work. We looked into childcare, but full-time childcare for 4 kids, one of whom is disabled, cost more in a month than Hubby brought home in a month!

When we considered moving here to the UK, we talked about the prospect of me staying home. I WANTED to stay home, and Hubby was more than willing to work with me so that I could. Luckily, even with Hubby in full-time college, there are certain benefits available to us so that I can still stay home even though he's not working right now.

I loved my job when I did work, but like a lot of working mothers, I had the "working mother's guilt" thing going on. I wished I was home with them when I was at work. But I understood that I was needed more at work than I was at home (otherwise we'd have been homeless - Hubby didn't make enough money even to pay the bills, never mind buy things like GROCERIES!!!).

But ya know what? I work harder NOW than I did when I got PAID for it! :lol I TOTALLY didn't realize how much hard work being a SAHM was. I didn't expect it to be all fun and games, but I didn't expect it to be what it really is, either.

Archived