Do you work?

I have been a member of Crochetville for all of 15 hours and I am already wishing that I could quit my job and stay at home and crochet all day long! As it is, I'll be lucky if I don't get in trouble at work today for looking at crochet stuff online and not getting enough work done!

While I'm sure my dogs would love it if I stayed home all day and sat on the couch with yarn and a hook, my DH might have a problem if I called him and said, "Honey, I'm quitting my job to be a full-time-crocheter!!"

Do any of you guys work outside of the home? Or are you predominantly stay-at-home-ers? I work full time and go to grad school at night, so I dont' get NEARLY as much time to crochet as I'd like.

T-G-I-F!!! It's supposed to rain here all weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting home and spending my Saturday and Sunday with yarn and napping pups!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a stay at home girlfriend!!

But I do some consulting work when they need me.

But some days I think it would be less work to have a job. As I moved 5 truck loads of dirt and 10 load of wood chips last summer. (but I had a really good tan.) Oh and I forgot about 200 plants that I put in.

I work a 40 hour week....so I only get a couple of hours at night to crochet. My weekends are usually spent with my DH. He works the night shift so I only see him on weekend. I'm sleeping when he gets home and he's still sleeping when I get up!

No I do not work right now......I am very lucky. Diagnosed with ms about 10 years ago, I continued to work two fulltime jobs, cut 5 acres of grass, and spend a lot of time crying. I was unable to crochet for about 8 years, because the nerves and muscles in my hands could only handle just what I had to do to get by. God smiled upon me 3 years ago and brought back into my life an old friend from high school. We married, I quit my jobs, and at the age of 50 moved away from South Carolina to Wyoming. Bobby works for the railroad, making a fairly decent living. I worked for about a year once we married, but the ms plays havoc with not only body, but also my mind. My cognitive skills are not nearly as sharp as they used to be..........not only am I old now I am also getting very stupid!!! LOL Crochet and Crochetville are now the biggest parts of my day. I do not always post, but I love to lurk and look. The only problem is that I cannot crochet without stopping to come check out the computer and see what I have missed. Gonna have to figure out how to manage my time a little better now.

Okay.....enough about me....WELCOME I look forward to getting to know you and enjoying your works and posts!!!!

When I first joined yes, I did work outside the house. But now I am a SAHM, with 3 crzy kids (but they are really good kids), dh is in a strange shift at work...And to top it off I am going back to school to finish my bachalors degree. oh and I do have a tiny salon in my house...so I guess I still do work lol

I do not work. I have two kids, one in grade 2 and one in daycare. Finding a regular 9 - 5 job wouldn't really work for us considering my daughter finishes school at 2:25 in the afternoon!!!! My husband and I decided we don't want to put her in extended daycare......so...home it is for me....and I don't mind it one bit!

Yup, I'm a single homeowner so by necessity I work full time. :lol I am so thankful that I get to do some crocheting while at work, as I have a desk job. I get a little crocheting done at home too, but I usually find too many distracting things to get a lot done!

I stay at home. I worked for 40 hours and more per week in a supermarket, my mother had to care for my kids, I never saw my husband for more than a "hello"...it was not funny. I liked my job, of course it was havy but my family is more important for me.

So we decided, that I will stay at home. In March this year it will be two years and I am glad about every day. :)

My kids are 12 and 8, so they can do a lot alone and dont need me every minute of the day. I spend some time every day with my mother and I have a lot of time for my hobbies.

As long as the money, my husband earns, is enough for us, I will stay at home , until the kids are a little bit older than now. :)

I don't work outside the home but I wish I could quit my 'job' and crochet all day too! I joke about being a Lady of Leisure and having lots of time to play with yarn, but the truth is I still run out of hours in the day for what needs to be done. We opted for the slower-pace on purpose this past summer so my busy-ness is likely very leisurely compared to other peoples but I paid my dues back when!

I work, but not full-time. I also go to college, (hopefully I'll be graduating in a few months) and spend 15 hours a week at my practicum site. So, I don't have quite as much time for fun stuff like crocheting as I used to.

:yes Oh, yeah. I work. But I'm also lazy. So as soon as I get off from my full time school job, I go home and pick up the crochet hook. I fix dinner, and crochet some more. Sometimes I nap instead of cook dinner. But I crochet most evenings til 1am or so. that's why i'm so tired...not the job, it's my hobby that makes me lose sleep and that makes me lazy!! I have the luxury of doing this now that my kids are almost grown (18, 20 and 22) and in college.

susan

I work 40 hours a week as an accountant for a local nonprofit organization and I take care of the house and two boys. I usually get to crochet some during my lunch hour at work but the bulk of my crocheting is done when everyone else goes to bed and I stay up a little later just relaxing and crocheting.

Yep, I work... all day, all night - cleaning, cooking, laundering, schooling, nursing, mending, banking, budgeting. And the job doesn't pay but has pretty good benefits! ;)

You´re soooo right!!!

We are family-managers and thats a hard full-time-job!!!:yes

I also work 40-hours/week. I used to have all evening to crochet until a month ago. Now I'm taking care of my grandson after I get off work and on weekends when my daughter is at work so I only get to crochet for about an hour each evening.

Nope, been a stay at home mom since my oldest was a month old, tried the day care scene and being a part time mom, by payday, I got 5 bucks, wasn't worth it. My oldest is JJ and he just turned 25, I have a middle daughter who just turned 23 and my youngest is Michael who will be 19 on Ground Hogs Day. I have been blessed to be able to stay home and be there when the kids needed me. Not that it's been easy, we struggled big time, no one got name brands and such. I was rewarded when the kids all said that they were glad I was home when they got home, it helped keep them out of trouble. My oldest just got done doing 6 yrs with the Navy, my daughter will complete 6 yrs in Aug 08 and my youngest is interested in the Army.

I now get to enjoy the rewards of being a grandma, even though the grandbabies are on the East Coast and I'm on the West.

I wouldn't change a thing even with the struggles we went through. I think it has made us a stronger family.

Hubby and I have talked about me maybe in time getting a part time job if I wanted too, not that we need it, we can pay bills on his income. Besides, I wouldn't wnat a job to interfere with me getting to go out trucking with hubby, we have seen many beautiful sunrises together. I get a lot of crocheting done this way also, LOL and what could be more important!!

Happy Crocheting

Pam

I work 40 hours a week. I usually set aside 30 minutes (at least) at lunch to do a little crocheting...It seems to be a stress buster for me. My dh also has a strange shift so when I get home I have approximately 2 hours of Me time. My kids are all older and don't want me hanging around...so I usually get some work done then as well. :hook

I work full time. Have been at the same job going on 19 yrs.:eek I did stay at home for 8 yrs with my kids and went back part time when they went to school.

Staying home was the best thing did! :yes I enjoyed it thourougly even though the money was VERY tight:( They are both married now and I am the bugga(grandma) of 5 with another on the way:manyheart

I'm a full time homeschool mom and wife....I work my hiney off!:lol

Here was a typical day this week

wake up at 7:00 ish feed farm animals ( goats, hens, barn cats & dogs)

house straighten shower

Drive ds to a biology class and hour away and do shopping at the bigger groceries we don't have in our area

back in town I do our in town chores... post office, bank drop offs to thrift store that supports homeless shelter

drive back out to the country....

more house straighten grab a bite of lunch do laundry

get an email that ds has a basketball game an hour and a half away... we go over algebra and grammar while I crochet ( great homeschool perk)

Drive the hour and a half and get there right at 6:00... the game is late so after another 3 hours we are on the road home.... get home at 10:30... do an outside check of the barn and shower and slip into jammies....

Crochet until after the news , stoke the fire... and tuck my self into bed...

Its been a long day.... all day long!

Archived