spinning class update!

ruthieruth

After our 2nd class, I have a little bit of a better idea of what we'll be doing. Here are the topics for our 7 week class...

week 1--history of spinning, gin and card some cotton, and begin drop spindle (with wool). We got to take a drop spindle home to practice, too! :D

week 2--continue drop spindle while we take turns learning the "great wheel". That was super fun, but the humidity and rain made our wheel cranky. :eek

I've been to the 1st two classes, so here's what's to come...

week 3--keep practicing above and learn the new wheel with the foot petal (can't remember its name :blush)

week 4--keep practicing above, learn to disassemble and reassemble wheels. FUN!

week 5--more practice and plying

week 6--loom

week 7--just a luncheon with the ladies.

I'm so excited!

Here's my drop spindle attempts so far. I'm getting *much* better. You can see that the stuff on the outside is much thinner and prettier than the stuff underneath. Anyway, thanks for reading and looking! :hook

IMG_2006.jpg

Ruthie,

Looks great! Spinning is so fun. I need to get back to the work on my wheel. You are so lucky to find a class that lasts so long. I took a one day workshop which was good but I needed to be able to come back and get help and tips.

• 2 weeks later...

I've signed up for a spinning workshop in London in April, it should be fun! I've always thought spinning looked very interesting, and if I can learn to work a drop spindle then it wouldn't take up much space in my tiny house :D

Archived