Sign in to follow this  
crochetdiva

5 ponchos...again

Here is a pic of the five ponchos I made for Christmas. The girls seemed to like them. The polor fleece poncho only took half an hour to make. I blanket stitched the neckline with a glittery worsted weight.

fingers crossed...I hope this works.

ponchos_5.jpg

Very pretty girls in their very pretty ponchos:clap

Oh, how lovely! Is the one in the front the polar fleece (sorry I'm not familiar with that yarn)? I love that one!!

What pattern did you use - or did you just wing it?

I love them all, they sure do look like they love them too! I really like the black one (next to the blue), where did you get that pattern?

Thank you! The polar fleece is actually material. I used a pattern from a fabric store. The black poncho was my first, and my favorite. I will look it up...I believe someone on this site designed it. Instead of just one tie though I laced it up. It was very easy to make. I will look for the pattern later. I have to run out with the kids and the pup right now.

Hey mom! i have to admit it isn't my best pic, but the ponchos look great:wave :cheer2 you should make me one just like chrissy's but in a different color.!

love your 2nd child

Those are super nice. I love the lacing on the black one.

I knew I shouldn't have told my daughter about this blog...now nothing is sacred. I will have to remember not to post pics of presents ahead of time. Drat!

Regarding the black lace up poncho...it can be a shawl or a poncho. I simply crocheted a tie on each side at the level of where it made a poncho (long chain, then either slip stitch back, or single crochet back...I forget). Then I laced it from the top down through the holes that are already there . If she wants to wear it like a shawl she can weave the ties through the holes on the same side as the tie. Does that all make sence?:knit

Those are WONDERFUL!! I esp love the black one :cheer2 :clap

Guest lillian1969

They all look so nice:thumbsup

Great ponchos! Very pretty! :))

a bevy of beauties, in pretty ponchos! Well done, the ponchos are great!

Those are lovely! I've been looking for a shawl that isn't too heavy (hot box me) but that would be classy enough to wear to work as well :bounce