Life on the Beach - part 1

darski

Life on the Beach ensemble :pinterest

post-4896-0-84704600-1364344288_thumb.jpg

This whole ensemble began yesterday when I bought the varigated yarn as a Mill End and didn’t know until I opened the bag on the bus coming home that it feels like string – not cotton yarn but string. Well I had to do something with this stuff so the first thing that came to mind was a Sun Hat. The tropical colours got me thinking *Sun* so I began the hat and before long I was thinking of all that would go with a hat so here we go.

The Sun Hat
post-4896-0-42922300-1364344290.jpg

Note: Chain 3 to form 1st dc in each round

Row 1: Chain 4, *dc, ch 1* into 1st chain until you have 8 dc, join

Row 2: work dc in dc and 2dc in each ch 1 space. Join.

Row 3: Work (dc, ch1, dc) V-stitch in every other stitch around. Join.

Row 4: Dc in every dc, ch 1 and space between V-stitches around. Join.

Row 5: Dc around. Join.

Row 6: Front Loops Only – work *sc in dc, 2sc in next dc* around. Join.

Row 7: Dc in every stitch around. Join

Row 8: for scallop edging…
Work *slst, sc, hdc, dc, 2dc, 2dc, dc, hdc, sc,* around. Join. Finagle the scallops if it is not going to work out evenly -

Create a tie from the yarn or work ribbon through the DC row before the brim if you want something there. This does pull the hat in a bit as it is a titch large but it will fall off anyway so there yah go! :lol

Beach Bag

Chain 13
Row 1: 1 Dc in every chain working around both sides of chain. Join.

Row 2-5: dc across, join.

Row 6: *ch 4, sc in every other stitch* around but work ch1 dc into 1st chain 4 space to finish.

Row 7: sc in space just formed, *ch 2, sc in next ch4 sp* around. Join to 1st sc. Ch 1

Row 8: work hdc in sc and 2 hdc in every ch2 space. Join and break off.

Tie/Strap: Chain long enough to go around the bag twice and a couple of extra. Do not join until you have threaded the tie through the ch 4 loops twice around – use the same loops both times. Join the two ends of the chain and work in ends.

The Sandals

post-4896-0-37800900-1364344289.jpgpost-4896-0-84900000-1364344289.jpg

This is a slight variation on the sole pattern as I started with a ch7 instead of ch 8.

Sole:
Chain 7
Row 1: 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc along sides and work 5 sc into farthest chain and 2 sc into original working chain. Join.

Row 2: ch1, 2sc into same st, 2sc into next stitch, hdc in side stitches, 2 sc into each top 3 sc, hdc along side, 2sc into last stitch. Join and break off.

Uppers
Begin at a point a bout half way down the sole and work the Punch Needle style of FPhdc into the toe stitches of the sandal working about even on the other side, ch 6, hdc in heel, ch 6 join to 1st FPhdc.

Work hdc decreases around to form upper tops. Break off.

Beach Blanket
Use small amounts of 3 colours. I have Orange, Varigated and Yellow. Use joining techniques to add in new colours

With orange, chain 25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 7 ch, join in Varigated yarn and work 8 sc, join in yellow and work 8 sc.

Continue in colours, working 8 rows done in SC, 8 rows done in DC and 8 done in SC. Work a border in the varigated yarn.
Copyright: Darlene Cutler Jan. 2007

Part two will include the Orange Play Suit and a...
Hoodie

post-4896-0-85606200-1364344291_thumb.jpg

copyright Darlene Cutler 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

darski" Your work is so great. and professional looking...you should design a doll and sell a set of patterns for her clothes...as a parent who also crochet's I think you would do very well...really these outfits are terrific

Those are super cute outfits! What size is the Dora doll?

She is 15 inches but she is not a usual shape. her head is way oversized - widthwise anyway. others have had difficulty dealing with her protruding tummy.

however, I have to say that she is great to design for. Her head is big enough that her hats have real style and detail and she is big enough that WW yarn is not out of place in making her clothes.

Darski, even though I can't use these patterns, I have to say you have such creativity. Your talent and imagination are fantastic! I wish I had a little girl to crochet this for. I am saving the patterns, anyway. You never know what the future holds, so I am a pattern - a -holic. I can't resist a great pattern, even when I can't use it at the time. Seems like your on a roll, one idea after another and another, ....just keep them coming. LOL Thank you for sharing your patterns and your talent.

Just what's needed for winter (when we can't get away to warmer climates)! Lucky for me DD is focussing on "WebKinz" instead of "Bratz" ... although she might change her mind if I let her see this...

Thanks for sharing your creativity!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived