YARN addiction Completely out of HAND HELP!

addictedtoyarn

I have a lot too...

125 skeins of LB Boa... (My Mom thought it would be a good idea to make scarves and sell them at a Christams sale... she completely financed it.)

6 skeins of LB Suede

10 skeins black Chenille and 2 skeins blue chenille

10 skeins Lornas Laces.

3 skeins of Knitpicks natual sock yarn

10 tubes of La Espiga

10 skeins of Symphonia

20 skeins of Microspun

That is not counting all of the Caron SS and Red Heard SS and random yarn I have accumulated over the years... or thread...

BUT for '07 I am not going to buy yarn unless I absolutely need it to finish a project I am working on... my schedule is so hectic these days, I am limited with crochet time...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how much stash you have, you always have a project that needs something in a little different shade, or its not the right weight, or there is not enough of the colors to complete the project......that's my story and I am sticking to it because the idea of not being able to buy more yarn is a depressing thought.:eek

My name is Valerie and I too am a yarnaholic.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

There are others like me!!!!!! I am not going out of my mind........I am 52 years old, crochet all day long, and I have more yarn now than I can make into items if I live anothe 100 years!!!!

i get a lot of compliments on my yarn room it took me a long time to get that far a lot of people tell me i can open my own store. i have so much back there but whats scary is i know exactly what i have and what colors i dont have. just put some more on order shhhhh. dont tell.. lol.

HA HA I feel alot better now that I saw crochetluvknot's "Yarn Room" Wow that is awesome I don't think I have seen that much yarn except in a store I am totally Jealous :)

I must add my 2 cents in. I have yarn stashes all over my apt. but I need to ship my DH out of the house so I could inventory what I have since I've snuck so much yarn in when he's not looking. My problem is that I no longer have any yarn stores in the area so when I travel to New Jersey, I always con my s-i-l to drive me over A.C. Moore to satisfy my yarn addiction. HOWEVER, when Herrschners has their free shipping, I can order and have it sent to my office. Then I get to sneak it into my apt. and eventually into one of my closets. I'm so happy I'm not the only yarn addict.

Millie

you know... it is so nice to see that you are not a yarn snob ;)

please no one take offensive.

I just meant it should be 1 love to all yarn...no matter the brand or fiber content

Im not a yarn snob i love all fibers that are acrylic as i am badly alergic to wool but i love to look at it in the stores just cant use it for nothing. i also share very well.

thank you all for the compliments on my room.

I have to say, it's nice to see so much acrylic. I've seen pictures of other's yarn, and it's always the really expensive stuff.

Of course.... if you buy the less expensive stuff, but you buy a roomful of it... probably turns out the same amount, lol!

I always tell myself, I got a good deal on yarn, yay! It's on sale! BUT then I buy a boatload of it.

I have it bad because at my job I work with the yarn all day and I see it come in or when we are down to one skein and I just need it!!! I think I spend all I make on the yarn. Sad, but I love it!~

Well, I don't know if I should tell you all, cause it will probably get some of you in trouble, but I just bought some yarn yesterday on a whim...I was just casually looking at the WEBS site yesterday, and saw that they have grab bags of some Tahki Cotton Classic and Bunny yarns....10 skeins of Tahki (usually $5 or so for a skein) for $26.99. I had to do it, I bought two bags of Tahki Cotton Classic. I have been wanting this yarn for sooo long now, but couldn't bring myself to buy it because of the price....this is about 50% off. And 5 balls of the bunny...it is a nice bulky yarn that I wanted to get my hands on for hats and scarves. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was like $22 for 5 skeins....$42 for 10.

On top of that, I was looking at Rowan Cashsoft DK, and they have overstock at $5.99 a ball. That is usually $8-9 a ball. So I bought that too. Gosh, if my husband found out how much I spent, he'd kill me!!!!!

I don't usually even spend this much for the yarn, but I know for the brand and fiber, it is a good deal, so I went for it.

I recently went through that myself. I have the same clearance-yarn problem.

Anyway, I decided that I needed some extra spending cash when I go to England in a couple of months so I thought I'd sell some of my stash. Once I got all of it out, I was horrified that I had so much! I decided right then and there that I was going to sell almost all of it. I had to! I could crochet for 5 hours a day for the next year and not use it all. I kept some that I have specific projects for, the rest is finding a new home! So, hopefully, once I get around to selling it on Ebay, I'll have a nice little pocket full of change to take on my trip.

Maybe you could try the same thing? Decide on something you want just a little bit more than yarn (for me, my trip) and sell some off. Then, really try hard to only buy what you need for specific projects. And when you go to the store and see a lonely skein of clearance-yarn, tell yourself that you don't need it - it's just going to sit in a tub for years until you get around to de-stashing it. You could even take the money you would have spent on the yarn and put it in a piggy bank for a rainy day or to make a purchase of some really nice yarn you want at the end of the year as a reward for being more yarn-frugal during the year.

crochetluvknot,

I saw your Yarn Room. That is impressive. I can only hope to have as much yarn joy as you have. My dh is pretty lenient to the stash, it is contained where it cannot be seen by outsiders. I think you might be the winner!

Hi! My name is Cheryl and I'm a Yarn Addict. Yes, I admit it. But at least I'm not alone! Here's my stash:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

These pictures were taken about a year ago....my stash didn't decrease but increased since then. The books/mags have more than doubled as did the yarn/thread.

The furniture was bought with my stash in mind. Imagine going out furniture shopping just for your stash! That's what hubby & I did.

:rofl Thank you, fellow yarn addicts!

I nearly fell out my chair reading this thread! Dragged my husband in and said, "See? See? Don't complain!" (He humored me a bit and then left the room. Poor dear.)

I've been crocheting for less than a year and have five large baskets filled with yarn, more or less organized by fiber type. I've considered getting one of those cubby bookcases at Ikea--$99, 5' x 5'--for yarn storage, but I wouldn't know where to put it. Yarn sales are dangerous! I like to think that now I have enough experience to get the "right" yarn that I will use soon, but... yarn sales are so dangerous. I spend hours, hours I tell you, trawling the web for just the right yarn, or nice yarns on sale. And I luuuuv when a yarn delivery comes. It's like Xmas! I tear the box open, chortle, fondle, and go ooohhh. The best drug!

Wish I had even part of what you all have. I live in a little town that doesn't have a yarn store. (thank God) We have a Pamida that sells yarn but due to budget restraints I don't go there much. Yarn is so addictive.

Wow, the yarn room looks amazing. May I be your roommate and live in the room? I love the beach ball. Hehe. Consider it as a good investment. It can make you rich selling all of them via eBay, or create 2nd yarn room!

lol Thank You, I had to put the beach ball away i had it out in the living room and it scared my cats so i put it away so they wouldnt attack it. I would say yes come on move in but my DH would not be very happy with me if i did that hes not to fond of roommates lol.

Wow, the yarn room looks amazing. May I be your roommate and live in the room? I love the beach ball. Hehe. Consider it as a good investment. It can make you rich selling all of them via eBay, or create 2nd yarn room!

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I don't have kids, so we buy "toys" for ourselves all the time. Hey, somebody has to spoil us, and if we don't do it, who will? I set aside $100 a month of my toy money with the sole intention of adding to my stash. Crocheting and yarn is my one true passion, I can't help it. So I look forward to the beginning of each month, giddy with the anticipation of enlarging my stash. I'm definitely addicted to yarn! I've already spent $70 of the $100 for March buying 24 skeins of Lion Brand Suede in four different colors. I can't wait until it gets here! :yay I can already see that March is going to be one of those months when I don't buy those jeans I've had my eye on so I can use that money for yarn. I have learned about so many different new types of yarn since joining the 'Ville that I can't wait to get some of them!

Elle

• 3 years later...

if any of yous are considering destashing ill take your simply soft super saver off your hands!

Ok...so I'm not compulsive...much.

In packing up to move today I packed 4 large plastic tubs, 4 small tubs of yarn barf, and 2 plastic shoebox size boxes of scraps for the magic ball that i'll get to one day. I haven't even gotten to the piles in the den.:blush

Oh and I found a bag with 3 skeins that I had bought years ago and lost! LOL! I never did do that project. Oh well....tomorrow is another day.

Actually tomorrow I have to go down to the playroom and rescue all the yarn in the 3 trash bags I stuffed in a corner.

Archived