Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have used both the Bates N hook (10.00mm) and the Lion brand N hook (9.00) and all flannel'ghans came out fine- the ones I made with the 9.00 are a little stiffer, but still very cozy- I used HDC in all three- the stitches are larger with the Bates hook, but I found the Lion Brand hook much easier on my hands with the two strands.

Sue-Can't wait to see yours when it is finished!!!!

Great...now I'll have to make one with hdc. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Not that I know of. The band on Homespun says to use a K hook. I use an L with it. You'll have to make a few swatches to see what size hook is comfortable to work with. I would think either an N or a P to start with.

By changing the yarn and hook size you'll have to come up with your own Row count to make the squares square. That you'll figure out in the swatching tho.

I started one of these yesterday with ILTY in pink and black. I'm using a 10 MM hook (Susan Bates 'N'). It's so soft and cozy. Love it so far! It's actually a Christmas gift for my step mom. I have decided I will work all year on Christmas gifts. I will do it this year! :lol

I started one of these yesterday with ILTY in pink and black. I'm using a 10 MM hook (Susan Bates 'N'). It's so soft and cozy. Love it so far! It's actually a Christmas gift for my step mom. I have decided I will work all year on Christmas gifts. I will do it this year! :lol

pink and black will look gorgeous! I love that color combination.

pink and black will look gorgeous! I love that color combination.

I'm making a hot pink/black...I LOVE IT! It's not done, but you can see here....I'm going to donate it to a 5K run charity for breast cancer.

Lisa

post-23090-135897627702_thumb.jpg

I'm going to make them all year too...so I say now. :lol

I'm making a hot pink/black...I LOVE IT! It's not done, but you can see here....I'm going to donate it to a 5K run charity for breast cancer.

Lisa

That's really pretty! Such a sweet thing to donate it!

:thair Argh! :thair

Well, I would have finished all the strips tonight if I hadn't flubbed up one of them. I did the first rectangle in that strip in solid black instead of variegated black and pink. I did the same dog gone thing when I made the last one of these. Of course, I couldn't have caught it until I was starting to sew the thing on there. Grr... The strips with a solid rectangle first, are solid pink. So I couldn't just switch out strips. Ah well! It's fixed now. For my own sanity, I put it away for the night. I'll work on it some more tomorrow. It WILL go better after I sleep. :lol

Ya know - you're not the first one that that's happened to.

What you can do is to turn the strip upside down and start working across the starting chain and build the bottom block that way. With the changes in color you really won't notice it and this way you won't have to frog a whole strip.

Ya know - you're not the first one that that's happened to.

What you can do is to turn the strip upside down and start working across the starting chain and build the bottom block that way. With the changes in color you really won't notice it and this way you won't have to frog a whole strip.

That's exactly what I did! :tup

Here's my flannelghan all sewed together. I still have to do the border, but I finished the strips and sewing tonight. I broke up with my boyfriend tonight so I'm putting it away. I have an overwhelming desire to throw things. :angry I refuse to take it out on my yarn!

post-28827-135897628392_thumb.jpg

I am sorry to hear about the break up :hug good thing you put the blanket down hooks, yarn & frustration do not go hand in hand. Beautiful job on the flannelghan :hook

Thanks, Joanne. :hu You're right about hockey. I might just grab the skates and go to the rink tomorrow. Skating for awhile will help release some frustration for sure.

:yes I think that's what you should do- take it out on the ice!!! Do something you enjoy doing- and since it's exercise you'll release some endorphins to help you feel better- :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I broke up with my boyfriend tonight so I'm putting it away. I have an overwhelming desire to throw things. :angry I refuse to take it out on my yarn!

I don't know if "I'm sorry" or CONGRATS! are in order but ___insert one of the here___

The ghan is coming along beautifully. Can't wait to see the border.

Here's my flannelghan all sewed together. I still have to do the border, but I finished the strips and sewing tonight. I broke up with my boyfriend tonight so I'm putting it away. I have an overwhelming desire to throw things. :angry I refuse to take it out on my yarn!

The afghan looks great. :cheer

Sorry about the break-up. :( Go skate your frustrations out sweetie! :hug

Archived