Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the second strip and then weaved in the ends and whipstitched them together. I'll be starting the 3rd strip which will be the same as the first. I like how 3 colors is turning out- Sorry the pictures are not the best- its a cloudy/rainy/sleeting day outside today!

post-27163-135897617499_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897617504_thumb.jpg

Got a bit more done on stepdad's blanket :) Little over 1 strip to go, then sewing the strips together and putting on the border.

edit: picture is kind of dark because the lighting in our house sucks. Have no overhead lights in most of the rooms so we live by lamplight. and lamps just do not light up the living room that well. That's what we get for buying an older ranch though :)

post-44633-135897617629_thumb.jpg

Wow............ look at all the new Flannel'ghans. They are all so beautiful!!!!!

I need to start another one! I have several I would love to get done this year for Christmas gifts!!! Great work everyone!

:heart

:mug

Shell- love how yours is turning out!!!!

I have one block left on the third strip so should finish that and sew it to the first two tonight after work. Can't wait to finish so I can start using it!!!

Shell - that is AMAZING!!!!!

I'm so going to make an exception to the 'not adding any more pics to the 1st post; because that is the coolest use of color I've seen on a fg!

Once it's finished I'll make sure to get a good picture that really shows the colors. In the current latest picture, you can't really tell that the end corners are red/black. Just all looks dark.

Hello .. would anyone happen to remember the flannelghan that was burgundy & beige? The poster said she used RH WW yarn & the exact colors she used. Does anyone know what number post that was? I've looked with no luck. Thanks. Janice

Hello .. would anyone happen to remember the flannelghan that was burgundy & beige? The poster said she used RH WW yarn & the exact colors she used. Does anyone know what number post that was? I've looked with no luck. Thanks. Janice

I dont' remember the burgandy and beige post, but I made one in Caron Pounders- Claret and Lace (which is a sort of burgandy and beige) I love the way the Caron Pounders work up in the flannel'ghan!

Here's a pic of the one I had made

post-27163-135897618162_thumb.jpg

I finished my flannelghan!! I have never finished an afghan in two weeks in my life!! I did the panels the first week, then the second week was sewing them together and the edging, and that only took that long because I was gone away a couple of the days!

I really like how it came out. it is my first time using a large hook, and using two strands of yarn together. I really enjoyed it! I used Caron pounders in forest green and Red Heart in cream. it came out very pretty.

For the border, I did one row of hdc in green, then a row of cream V stitch, then a row of green hdc again, and ended it with a crab stitch of both colors row.

Thank you for all your help and for the pattern RoseRed.

here it is! I love it! I made it for my sister, but may keep it for myself since it is so heavy and warm, it is perfect for up north at our camper.

post-11076-135897618276_thumb.jpg

post-11076-13589761828_thumb.jpg

post-11076-135897618283_thumb.jpg

post-11076-135897618286_thumb.jpg

I finished my flannelghan!! I have never finished an afghan in two weeks in my life!! I did the panels the first week, then the second week was sewing them together and the edging, and that only took that long because I was gone away a couple of the days!

I really like how it came out. it is my first time using a large hook, and using two strands of yarn together. I really enjoyed it! I used Caron pounders in forest green and Red Heart in cream. it came out very pretty.

For the border, I did one row of hdc in green, then a row of cream V stitch, then a row of green hdc again, and ended it with a crab stitch of both colors row.

here it is! I love it! I made it for my sister, but may keep it for myself since it is so heavy and warm, it is perfect for up north at our camper.

I love those colors!!! This really is such a great blanket....your blanket is stunning!

Gorgeous!! you did such a great job on it and I love the border!!!!! My DH uses his all the time- that's why I'm making one for me!!! I can see where you are tempted to keep it for yourself!!!

Thanks for the two posts in regard to the burgundy/beige flannelghan. I've never tried the Caron Pounders. I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Hobby-Lobby. Although, now that I see the hunter green/beige combo, that is a striking afghan too. Great job on both. I haven't started one. I'm lurking .. I've never sewn strips together before. :( Janice

Caron Pounders are my fav yarn to work with. Great colors, really soft and it has great body. It softens up even more after you wash it. And washing it is easy -I just throw it in the washer on warm and the dryer on permanent press.

Caron Pounders are my fav yarn to work with. Great colors, really soft and it has great body. It softens up even more after you wash it. And washing it is easy -I just throw it in the washer on warm and the dryer on permanent press.

Thats what I have used for the 2 that I made. they turned out great and so soft and warm

Since I like playing around with the Paint program....even though my Paint skills leave much to be desired :lol:lol, I've been messing around with different designs using the flannelghan pattern as the starting point but making designs with the squares. These would be done with 5" or 6" squares and would be either 9 squares by 9 squares, or 11 squares by 11 squares. :crocheting

Note: Paint does not have a lot of color choices, so you still need to use your imagination to adjust the colors to actually fit together. :D These patterns would still use the basic pattern of 2 strands of 1 color for 1 square, then dropping 1 strand and picking up another strand of the next color for the next square (to get the varigated look), rinse, repeat, done! :hook

post-44633-135897620454_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897620458_thumb.jpg

post-44633-13589762046_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897620463_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897620465_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897620467_thumb.jpg

Archived