Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

Thanks Judy and KathyWho. I've nearly finished strip three, I need to dig around in my stash for more yarn so I can keep going.

That's the best part - using stash up...and using it FAST!:lol

'nite, Cindy and everyone!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 strand Lumberjack Flannel Afghan   Size - 4 1/2 ft x 6 ft Materials - 2 colors WW yarn - 5-7 pounds, 10 mm/N hook Gauge - Each strip is 7 blocks of color long. 10" across = 17dc 10" up&

I finished my flannelghan!  

I'm not so sure I need ANOTHER CAL to join but The Hubby likes how this afghan looks so I'll probably start one for him once I get all caught up on what I got going now!!  I apologize for bringing up

Posted Images

I Did it.............. :yay

I made another Flannel'ghan! This is a Baby Flannel'ghan that I commited to make during the GOAG and I did it! I got it done!

post-18634-135897507039_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

team original design 40%

team flannel'ghan DONE

awwwwww Julie....... :hug thanks so much!

I made this for a friend of my son. :U

Linda......... thanks hon!!!

team original design

team flannel'ghan DONE

Hi Tam i just posted a message here for you and dont know where it went so here it goes again..

Wanted to say that your baby ghan is just beautiful.... I love it and i know the receipient will love it too...

Great Job my dear...

oh.. thank you Julie! Yes.... I love giving! I love mostly giving from my crocheting/knitting! There is nothing quite like the comfort of warm.. soft yarn!

Thank you so much Lillibet!! :hug

team original design

team flannel'ghan DONE

holy cow a size N hook, but my calculation that makes it a 10mm hook. am i right? do you need a hook of that size?

You need whatever size will give you the right gauge. I'm using a size P hook on the one that I'm making. The weight of the yarn will have an impact on the hook size. :D

Thanks for all the compliments to everyone who has posted in here AND to all our participants. I'm kinda the "unofficial" hostess at the moment, so thought I'd drop in just to thank everyone who has participated,and everyone who has posted comments and cheered the ladies along .

Anyone interested in making the pattern, it is posted free, courtesy of RoseRed on post # 1 ,and the possibilities of colors are truly endless. You could do just about any combination under the sun .

Thanks again guys ~ it's been fun !

I have 3 other groups I'm in, so probably won't be frequenting this area quite as much now that things will be calming down,but it is still an open and functioning group,so anyone is still welcome to sign on and get started anytime !

I posted on the team thread and I'll just repeat it here in case anyone coming across the FG thread has a question later.

It is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color play.

I would at least do 1 round of sc. This will protect the strips from coming undone at a later date.

It's done, done, done! And I finished hiding all the tails before the Olympic torch went out, too. Whee! It turned out about twice as big as the pattern calls for, but I like them big. The pictures show it on a queen sized bed. It's got enough overhang so that nobody has part of them uncovered when there are more than one person in the bed. Kim, the lady I care for, is sleeping under it here. Now to make another one this size for Kim and John's son who is getting married in April. :lol

post-9295-135897509254_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897509257_thumb.jpg