Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 strand Lumberjack Flannel Afghan   Size - 4 1/2 ft x 6 ft Materials - 2 colors WW yarn - 5-7 pounds, 10 mm/N hook Gauge - Each strip is 7 blocks of color long. 10" across = 17dc 10" up&

I finished my flannelghan!  

I'm not so sure I need ANOTHER CAL to join but The Hubby likes how this afghan looks so I'll probably start one for him once I get all caught up on what I got going now!!  I apologize for bringing up

Posted Images

LeaAnne- how does your husband like your yakking ? I talk to mine til his ears BLEED .

He doesn't even hear me!:lol Honestly, most of my yakking is on the phone! I am a true "girl" in that regard!:lol

I LOVE you guys! Too funny!

Julie - I almost wish I had a 'bobble-head' husband! Mine is in sales for the oil and gas industry...we're both yakkers!!!

BTW - I'll be waiting to start mine until the games, also. Dug in my stash when I got home - colors will be a light purple and white in caron ss. (Don't know the names b/c I pulled off the labes for free yarn! :devil Not the best idea for my score on the stashbusting CAL!)

I am waiting to start until the 12th. I've got the yarn, pattern, and hook all together in one bag just waiting for the official time to start in on it. :hook:yarn:hook

I need to do that in the next couple of days...though the first thing to do tomorrow is get a few more things from the store to tide us over if the snow amounts get way up there ....we're on the borderline according to the weather map we've seen on TV, so it could go either way.

Cindy- we've been married almost 33 years .... my husband does the best imitation of a Bobble-Head Doll ! He bobs his head like he is listening, but I catch him when I ask him a question .

DEAD SILENCE .. Works every time .

My dh doesn't even bother to pretend anymore. He just listens with half an ear, and if he thinks he missed something important he will ask me to repeat myself.

Judy, I hope you don't get snowed in. Although yesterday we had our monthly potluck at church and a couple of the older ladies were saying that they wished they could be snowed in for a few days. I guess it would be okay if I didn't have to work and my dks had the good sense to stay home.

I haven't decided on my colors for the afghan yet, probably either pink and white or blue and white. I have a lot of Simply Soft in those three colors.

Cindy, if we get snowed in I'll probably gain 5 pounds over the weekend:lol

I do have fun in the yard with the dogs, though:)

Jules...Nicole will be looking in for that, I think...

I need to be on here a bit less tomorrow or I won't get anything done. My self-discipline has gone out the window again:lol:lol

I'll say 'nite for now:hug:manyheart

Good morning, Jules and everyone!

Paddy Green and Black...VERY nice! Striking combo:yes

Furbabies are eating, so I took a minute to get caught up here.

Jules, I figured out a schedule for me on the ville...I'll check in first thing if I can...definitely in the morning, though. I'll check in at lunchtime...and twice more before the night is over. What worked before when I was overdoing it here is logging off in between so I can't run over "quickly" to see who is online. My little office is right off the kitchen and the back door, where I am so much of the day, so it's been too easy to do that:devil

I'm so OCD with the puter and my projects...it's always an effort to maintain balance.:P

So...I WILL be here and on the other threads...just kind of like speed dating:lol:lol:lol:lol

I need to get my yarn together for this/the Games thread...I'll do that today.

My new computer schedule probably still sounds like a lot of time to some people, I'm sure...but nothing like what I just ratcheted it up to recently.:P

And that after forcing myself to cut back for a couple of weeks and then seeing how much crocheting I was able to finish!:blush

Jude

Yea, I know. This is addicting to a degree .I usually turn it on, post, and then go back to see if anyone answered . If they did, I post again.

Repeat ..

I do that all day ,but you're right, it takes out a lot of crochet time ,etc .

I need to schedule myself a little bit better too. I'm trying harder to do that .

I'll have my little buddy here the next 2 days,so I won't get as much chance to check in, but I'll drop in often as I can .

I got him a new Spongebob movie, so that will keep him occupied (and me INSANE ) ,for a little while .

Such an ODD show ......

Anyhow, I'll be in off and on , take some time off and come in whenever you want . It's really ok ! We'll all be here when you stop back in !

Well Rose

I think Belle is a very pretty name,so it suits you well. Is your real name Rose or just your screen name ? I think it's very pretty .

Nope - I just love them. My real name is Michele.

LeaAnne

those colors will be really pretty . We have a school a few towns away whose colors are orange and black . Called the BULLDOGS .

When DD was in public school it was orange and black Tigers. (She's in private school now)

I'm not doing the games this year BUT I do have an awesome idea for a 3 color flannel ghan

and would be totally honored if one of you ladies would like to try it out!!

3 color flannelghan

The 3rd color would come in as one row of dc between each of the blocks.

(so if there's 5 blocks there'd be 4 rows of the 3rd color between them.

When the strip is finished crochet a sc border around it in the 3rd color.

(When the strips are joined it'll be about the same width as a dc row)

I'm betting that would look gorgeous! Anybody up for it?!?

Good morning. It's raining and cold here. I though I had my color scheme all figured out, but now I'm thinking of adding a third color to mine. The only problem is that I don't think I have enough of it in my stash for what I want to do with it. I'm thinking of pulling just one of the colors in the variegated yarn and using it as the color to put with the variegated and red plum in the "between" blocks of color. I'm thinking that will look better overall. Oh, dither, dither. :think

Linda

whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be pretty . You have a good eye for colors, so just think about it awhile . You have about a week to come up with your final idea .

Maybe you could pull one of the variegated colors into it somehow ....maybe one of the least noticed colors, then it'd pull that color out a little more .

You'll come up with the right combo, I'm sure .

Linda

whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be pretty . You have a good eye for colors, so just think about it awhile . You have about a week to come up with your final idea .

Maybe you could pull one of the variegated colors into it somehow ....maybe one of the least noticed colors, then it'd pull that color out a little more .

You'll come up with the right combo, I'm sure .

That third color is one of the variegated colors. It's a dark thyme. I'm thinking it will look better with both the red plum and the variegated than putting the red plum and the variegated together. Those two look nice side by side, but not so nice mixed together. I'm thinking I should pick up another 1 to 2 skeins of it to make sure I don't run out during the games just to be on the safe side. Especially since I'm making it bigger than the original pattern, too. :think