Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I can't put enough :hugs in here to make it all better. I pray for healing and comfort for you and your family in this tough time. I'm glad that you have your dad and your dad has you to lean on. Your little girl will need a lot of hugs too, I'm sure, so here's a :hug from me to her. I truly am sorry to hear about your loss.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't put enough :hugs in here to make it all better. I pray for healing and comfort for you and your family in this tough time. I'm glad that you have your dad and your dad has you to lean on. Your little girl will need a lot of hugs too, I'm sure, so here's a :hug from me to her. I truly am sorry to hear about your loss.

I second that. :hug :hug :hug

I love this afghan it looks so nice and warm a good one to curl up with on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book or tv show

It really is the neatest afghan going! It is quick to finish and is so comfy.

I second what Darski said and can personally vouch for the quality snuggle you can get curled up with it and a book and some hot chocolate.... that is if DH doesn't steal any of the above first... :D

• 2 weeks later...

The top 2 are the grey and green one, the bottome 2 are the blue and black one. All Bernat Super Value yarn, which I adore!! I'm taking a break, sort of. I've got the yarn for a brown/green one for my son, and I'm modifying the pattern a bit. Instead of doing stripes, I'm doing it as a whole. So (for me it's 19 stitches and 11 rows for a square) instead of turning at 19, I am changing colors. Then at 11 rows I'll switch out. Does that make sense? Anyway...it's started off very cool so far, and it will eliminate the dreaded "joining"! :lol I hope everyone has a happy new year!!!!

greygreendone.jpg

closeupgreyandgreen.jpg

closeupblackandblue.jpg

blackandbluedone.jpg

Both look great!! That green and gray one would go over really well in my area... I live in Eagles territory. (The blanket would probably do better than the team... but that's nothing new :P)

Good luck with the new ones. I still haven't picked up any yarn for Boo's (my baby's) blanket yet.

Happy New Year!! I finally picked up yarn today for Boo's (my baby's) blankie. I got Bernat Softee Baby in mint and lemon. I got 3 skeins of each, hopefully it'll be enough. I plan on doing a 5x5 of 6" squares and then a nice wide border to bring it up to 32-34" square total. I'll probably use an H or an I hook, as it is slightly thinner than most worsted, but not quite sport if that makes sense. It is sooo soft. I can't wait to get started on it. I hope Boo likes it.

BTW, our next ultrasound is on the 14th, so we may know if Boo is a boy or a girl at that point.

I am so EXCITED...I have finally started my FIRST Flannelghan!!! I used my Christmas gift cards and bought yarn (Caron) over the weekend and started!!! I LOVE IT SO FAR! Its awesome!

They really are neat aren't they?

I have got to get working on my green one. It just sits there and never adds a row to itself... complete couch potato this one is :yes

:rofl

They really are neat aren't they?

I have got to get working on my green one. It just sits there and never adds a row to itself... complete couch potato this one is :yes

I have several couch potato projects... including a hoodie that was supposed to be for me. For my birthday. In November.

I can't wait to see the new varrations. They're all so neat. Maybe tonight I'll start on Boo's.

Couch potato projects...that's good!! I have another flannelghan...for my son. "My" hoodie. The yarn for the floral fantasy pullover. And for 2 more hoodies. And my tendinitis is acting up. Lovely, yes? So I'm resigned to reading, getting ready for school, and cross stitching. Would believe that does not aggravate my tendinitis?? Go figure!!

I can't wait to hear which gender Boo will be....and yet I am apprehensive...:lol Remember my "neice"?? He's doing great! (Well...he has a cataract in his right eye, at only 2 months old, but so far it's nothing to worry about, just watch.)

:lol Yes, Heather, I remember your "niece". I think the only reason we may find out is that DH wants to know. Not in an "I want to have X" kind of way, more out of sheer curriosity. Me, I don't care. We'll find out one way or the other soon enough. (Although, it might be helpful to know when choosing patterns etc... although we're so not into girly-girl stuff it isn't funny...)

:lol Yes, Heather, I remember your "niece". I think the only reason we may find out is that DH wants to know. Not in an "I want to have X" kind of way, more out of sheer curriosity. Me, I don't care. We'll find out one way or the other soon enough. (Although, it might be helpful to know when choosing patterns etc... although we're so not into girly-girl stuff it isn't funny...)

then it is almost a guarantee that you will get the girliest girl in the universe. :rofl get ready to buy pink fun fur.

God has a way of expanding our universe for us. I wanted the girly girls to play dolls with and got 2 boys instead. :eek

If I get girly-girls to play dolls with or boys to crash trucks with, I'll be happy (I'm a huge fan of either activity). I know that whichever personality my kid(s) have, at least some of the time they'll drive me up a wall, but I'll still love them anyhow.

I started on the flannelghan the other night. I'm almost done one strip. The first square measured right, but the overall length seems to be off an inch or so. As usual. Oh well, it'll be almost square and I can always just put a huge border on it or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, love all the inspiration I get from Crochetville. Here is a Lumberjack Afghan I just finished for my husband. He is tall and was always complaining about short afghans so I thought this was just the thing to cover his feet.

I started it on Dec 29, using Lion Brand Pound of Love in the light blue (less than 2 lbs) and Caron One Pounder in Black (one pound, then went back for 2 - 7 ouncers in the same yarn, used just about all of it.)

I wanted the black on the corners but was running out of black so reversed the colors. Didn't come back here for the edging directions so didn't do the pretty v-stitch.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2188009161_b5d319202f.jpg

then it is almost a guarantee that you will get the girliest girl in the universe. :rofl get ready to buy pink fun fur.

God has a way of expanding our universe for us. I wanted the girly girls to play dolls with and got 2 boys instead. :eek

You are definatly right on this. my first child was a boy and although I love crashing trucks I was dying to have a little tom girl running about that i could dress in baggy flannel and teach the ways of being "cool like mommy" lol i told my friends if i had a girl don't buy pink...well when I found out i was having a girl the second time I was preggo I caved and everything was pink and dresses and litte girly shoes and such....the worst part is now pink has become a member of my wardrobe!!!!! I am becoming a girly girl...my wee one likes dolls and all that stuff and i think it is adorable to watch her play with them and just can't get over how much I am changing altough it isn't a bad thing it just amazes me.

:hook Count me in!! I just ordered the yarn for this from knitting-warehouse.com. I'm making it for my husband in University of Michigan colors of Blue and Gold. I'm using Bernat Super Value yarn. I probably ordered more yarn than I need, but better too much than not enough. It won't go to waste, that's for sure. :D

I'll post again when the yarn arrives and I can dive in and get started.

Well, can't wait to see all the interesting 'ghans coming up.

DH and I just got back from the ultrasound. We're almost positive we're having a boy!! I didn't think I wanted to know, but when he was being stubborn about it, then I just said, you know what, can you actually look? Originally I said only if it's obvious... half hoping it would be... So, the doctor looked and is pretty sure Boo is a boy. We're pretty excited.

Now to actually get back to the yellow and green 'ghan I was working on... and then maybe a blue and green one? Hmm... This kiddo is going to have more blankies than I can count. I've got friends making ones for him as well... not to mention all that I'm going to end up making! :lol

Well, can't wait to see all the interesting 'ghans coming up.

DH and I just got back from the ultrasound. We're almost positive we're having a boy!! I didn't think I wanted to know, but when he was being stubborn about it, then I just said, you know what, can you actually look? Originally I said only if it's obvious... half hoping it would be... So, the doctor looked and is pretty sure Boo is a boy. We're pretty excited.

Now to actually get back to the yellow and green 'ghan I was working on... and then maybe a blue and green one? Hmm... This kiddo is going to have more blankies than I can count. I've got friends making ones for him as well... not to mention all that I'm going to end up making! :lol

oooooooooo... I just love this. A little boy is the bestest of all.:hug:hug:hug

Ok, I am a little biased on this one. :wlol

Archived