Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty I love how yours turned out!! :)

I finished the last strip of the green/gray 'ghan last night, I will join it sometime today then the border. It looks like I will be fine with the 2 extra skeins of MC, the CC I bought extra of. So now I will know for future reference (like next time I'm at Hobby Lobby, since my son already had me buy yarn for one for him! LOL But I will need 2 extra MC skeins). The blue/black one has 2 strips left, so I will focus on those this week. Then borders next week. :)

I have 1 week left of class, then finals, then I'm on break until Jan. 7. I will be working on a couple of "me" projects during break, and start the 'ghan for my son next year sometime. Heehee. Scary thought!

Hey guys - I'm back from NJ and taking off later today for Dad's house. He's outside Orlando. My step mom was rushed to the hospital this week for being really sick and they found a really agressive Stage 4 cancer. They can't seem to get the infection under control either.

Merry Christmas. It's starting to seem like everythin I love dies at this time of year. My grandmother, my Godfather - **** - even my dog! Now my step-mother. And people wonder why I dread this time of year.

Ugh!! :hug :hug :hug

I feel for you Rose, I really, truly do. I hope she can be in as little pain for as long as possible. Just think, it's almost the end of the year and 2008 has got to be better than 2007.

(On a bright note, I had a doctor's appointment today and I can now announce I'm 12-14 weeks pregnant!! :yay)

Ugh!! :hug :hug :hug

I feel for you Rose, I really, truly do. I hope she can be in as little pain for as long as possible. Just think, it's almost the end of the year and 2008 has got to be better than 2007.

(On a bright note, I had a doctor's appointment today and I can now announce I'm 12-14 weeks pregnant!! :yay)

Oh thank you Jesus!!!!

Addey. I am so pleased for you. We do have to remember that even in the throes of the valley of the shadow of death there is the promise of new life. It will make a wonderful story to tell the little one that you made a blankie with one of Great Gramma's hooks...

So pink or blue?:crochetingJust kidding

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Oh thank you Jesus!!!!

Addey. I am so pleased for you. We do have to remember that even in the throes of the valley of the shadow of death there is the promise of new life. It will make a wonderful story to tell the little one that you made a blankie with one of Great Gramma's hooks...

So pink or blue?:crochetingJust kidding

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:lol

How about green and yellow? A little too early to tell and I'm not sure I'm going to try hard to find out anyhow. DH kinda wants to know, but will go along with my idea, at least for now. I can't wait to make all kinds of wonderful things for this little one with my Gram's hooks. Now that I think about it, I'll have to add a yellow and green flannelghan to the list, that would look great!

:lol

Now that I think about it, I'll have to add a yellow and green flannelghan to the list, that would look great!

Well yeah! :hyper

I can't wait to see it. you have such an eye for the the colours for these.

Congrats Addey! I am so happy for you!

To update - I'm still at Dad's. Mom's going straight into a nursing home from the hospital. They should have a bed in about a week. I'll be home tomarrow and back down here for the weekend.

He's taking it so hard. Let me know if there's any really awesome show & tells to check out. If you could leave the links here - that'd be great. This is probably the only thread I'm going to look at for the next little while.

Please pray that she passes quickly. It's that bad already. Thanx. ~Michele

:hug

I pray she is in as little pain as possible and for as short a time as possible. tomorrow is my Gram's memorial service, so I understand at least part of your pain.

:hug for your dad as well.

To update - I'm still at Dad's. Mom's going straight into a nursing home from the hospital. They should have a bed in about a week. I'll be home tomarrow and back down here for the weekend.

He's taking it so hard. Let me know if there's any really awesome show & tells to check out. If you could leave the links here - that'd be great. This is probably the only thread I'm going to look at for the next little while.

Please pray that she passes quickly. It's that bad already. Thanx. ~Michele

Michelle, I am so truly sorry for you having to deal with this now. Try to spend as much time as you can sitting in God's arms so you are stronger for you too.

One thing you might want to look for near you is a "Blue Christmas" Service. They are very healing and restorative. They acknowledge that not everything is happy and jolly for everyone at this time.

I am keeping all of you in prayers. :ghug

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you guys know that Mom passed on this morning around 5am. I'l be staying with Dad for the next few days. He's promised to come and spend Christmas at my house. It's been a really long day.

Michelle I am so truly sorry that you have this on your plate. Love you girl and will keep all of you in prayers.

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

It doesn't help the loss but she is now Home and waiting for you.

Archived