Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm to join or not to join that is the question.

All the blankets are great and I really would like to try this but for who.?....................oh I think I know!

I have good friends who are Chicago Bears fans and I know of a source of really cheap blue and orange yarn. It is mainstays and I believe there are several skeins left. How much yarn do you suppose I would need?

Laura

The closest call we have is is about 3.5 pounds of each. Needless to say I am going to be going with 4 pounds of each.

Do join in. there is now a whole new bunch of us getting in on this one. We need the numbers to keep it going.

I finally got to work on my flannelghan and I wanted to show my colors.

th_LumberjackFlannel1.jpg

I hope Hubby will like it as it is a surprise.

Oh - Simply Soft - my favorite yarn. The colors look great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

The closest call we have is is about 3.5 pounds of each. Needless to say I am going to be going with 4 pounds of each.

Do join in. there is now a whole new bunch of us getting in on this one. We need the numbers to keep it going.

Okay then. Next time I get to the liquidator store I will pick up the yarn for this.

COUNT ME IN! (did i say that out loud?) :rofl

Oooh, Patty. I'd been looking at those colors myself, as a potential Christmas present for my uncle and his wife. I'd wondered how it would look... Thanks for posting! I think those colors would be perfect!

Gene--It tickles me to know that I'm not the only one who can spot Simply Soft a mile away, in a picture, without the label showing! I've become a yarn addict in the last year or so, and my best friend is just fascinated when I can identify not only the brand of yarn, but also the color, and which store has it. LOL Of course, that only goes for Red Heart and Simply Soft...we can't get much else locally. The nearest Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, or A.C. Moore is two hours away...so we're stuck with the limited selection available at Walmart and a couple of smaller stores. *sigh*

Laura--Welcome aboard! I'm new too, and it appears there are several newbies to the thread. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Well, I'm off to crochet a bit...on my flannel ghan, of course. Having back problems today, so I'm off work and confined to the sofa. Whatever will I do? :devil

I got my second strip started last night. I think I am liking the way this is gonna turn out. Hopefully I will get more done today if my little "helper" decides that it is ok with her lol.

Here are some pics

th_PictureorVideo036.jpg

th_PictureorVideo035.jpg

:lol Love your little helper there Melissa! I'm sure she's just impatient and wants you to finish it NOW.

Like I said, I'll be starting mine Monday or Tuesday. I finally got my tanktop done I've been working on for ages (I'll post a thread tonight after I get pictues). I'm also just about ready to send a package off to KrsityMN for her toy drive. Just in time for me to start in on this again. :yay

Yikes! I'm back and wowsers did I have a lot of catching up to do!! :lol

I have 3 strips done and a 4th started. My niece already loves it!! :c9 She's only 2, but she has good taste. :D

We had no internet when I got home Monday night, so I haven't taken pictures to post yet. I work nights this weekend so it will possibly be Monday late when I get to it. I LOVE the way it's working out (as did my MIL!! :clap ).

I have a couple of replies from family on colors, so here's hoping I get more. I especially want to try the navy blue and mint green, that is such a beautiful combo, and one I NEVER would have thought to try on my own!!

I got my second strip started last night. I think I am liking the way this is gonna turn out. Hopefully I will get more done today if my little "helper" decides that it is ok with her lol.

Here are some pics

th_PictureorVideo036.jpg

th_PictureorVideo035.jpg

I love those colours. Your assistant looks really good too. does she work for cheap? :wlol

I do mean it about the colours. I was just looking at brown as WM but not the right ones for now. some day soon

Oh, BTW I have decided to go with Blue and Blue. How original is that. Well, we will see how it goes and maybe I'll change my mind again.

WM did not have enough of a red that I would have wanted for this. I also love the blues that they have right now. Lots of them to enjoy.

I'm making a friend - who needs a lift for lots of reasons - one of these in pink and white, her favorite colors. The type of yarn..well, it's going to have to "speak" to me when I'm looking around.:D

I'm making a friend - who needs a lift for lots of reasons - one of these in pink and white, her favorite colors. The type of yarn..well, it's going to have to "speak" to me when I'm looking around.:D

I really want to try this in pink and white - in a smaller version but I think it will be wonderful.

I might borrow an idea and add some flowers too.

Bad! Dar!!! :dog get one done before you plan a million more :rofl

I just had a thought...has anyone ever done one of the ghans with Homespun yarn? Would be a pricey venture, I'd think, but seems like it would be really yummy...

Darski--don't worry, I've got about a dozen more of these planned myself. I'm working on one now in dark plum and soft white. I showed the first strip to one of my best friends, who loves purple, and she practically drooled. Guess that's another Christmas present half-finished... :woo

Darski--don't worry, I've got about a dozen more of these planned myself. I'm working on one now in dark plum and soft white. I showed the first strip to one of my best friends, who loves purple, and she practically drooled. Guess that's another Christmas present half-finished... :woo

I'm with your friend. :drool :drool :drool :drool

I have a dark plum colour and it would be so wonderful. :dreaming

I have a couple of replies from family on colors, so here's hoping I get more. I especially want to try the navy blue and mint green, that is such a beautiful combo, and one I NEVER would have thought to try on my own!!

:lol

I love blue and green and they just looked so good. I was looking for something dark and something light and they just jumped out at me. I love it and is the one I keep out year-round now.

:lol

I love blue and green and they just looked so good. I was looking for something dark and something light and they just jumped out at me. I love it and is the one I keep out year-round now.

I admit I was bragging on your ghan the other night when I was explaining to a friend about why I had to make this pattern. When I told her about yours and how you had done a neat edging... I think I convinced her from describing yours. :wlol

I already have the first portion done in my double navy and I just sat down and started.

If I can just stick to it, this goes very quickly. :woo

Time to grab that cuppa and get my light blue attached.

I already have the first portion done in my double navy and I just sat down and started.

If I can just stick to it, this goes very quickly. :woo

Time to grab that cuppa and get my light blue attached.

Stop that! :2nono

Don't tell me how quickly these things go!

I've already got enough on my plate!

I know I'll make one of these eventually, but I am NOT joining this CAL.

No. :no

I'm not. :no

Well, if I DID join, and it goes quickly, I COULD get back to my other projects, I guess. :yes

I know I'll make one of these eventually, but I am NOT joining this CAL. (:yes you are )

No. :no (:yes you are )

I'm not. :no (:yes you are )

Well, if I DID join, and it goes quickly, I COULD get back to my other projects, I guess. :yes

:rofl :rofl:rofl

Absolutely you could get back to the others in super quick time. I am almost at the point of add in that light blue yet again. I'll have 4 portions done fer shure in another 20 mins. :yes (that means about an hour and a half with browsing in between )

I know I'll make one of these eventually, but I am NOT joining this CAL.

No. :no

I'm not. :no

Yeah, you only think you aren't joining this cal :lol

I believe (and I'm having to go back to January in my head...) it only took me about a week of evenings, and not spending a lot of time each evening. The hardest part was the joining and figuring out an edging with the tiny bit of yarn I had left.

Just think, a quick project to get that burst of satisfaction from a finished object.... then back to the other things calling your name, waiting to be finished.... :D

after my aunt looked at my second strip she told me I had it backwards instead of starting with the light and dark brown I started with 2 strands of dark brown so I had to rip out and flip over and fix a bit but I am right back to where I was before I ripped out on with the right color lol. So now my "helper" is busy playing with something other than my yarn so I might get to my next section of dark brown very soon. I love this pattern I am definatly making my dad one of these once I figure out colors for him. This will definatly make xmas easier this year everyone gets a gahn lol. And the fact that I just inheratided (sp?) my bossess sisters stash I will have plenty of colors to choose from and get isnpired by.

This is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!! I love that everybody's loving this ghan!

CrochetDad - you're being out-voted here. Seems to me like the ladies want to keep you around for a little bit.

This is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!! I love that everybody's loving this ghan!

CrochetDad - you're being out-voted here. Seems to me like the ladies want to keep you around for a little bit.

I kinda thought I would eventually do one of these - I really like the look. I just didn't think I would have to commit so soon! Well, my SIL won't need his birthday afghan/blanket until December, maybe I could squeeze one of these in until then...

OK - I'm in - I just have to go get the yarn (my yarn stash needs some serious attention).

Put me down for red/black.

Archived