Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

:yay

More people!!

We like people! Seriously, come, join the insainity. I've got one I'm going to get started on next week. (my second one) There are plenty of people here just diving in and I always like to see new ones.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay

More people!!

We like people! Seriously, come, join the insainity. I've got one I'm going to get started on next week. (my second one) There are plenty of people here just diving in and I always like to see new ones.

What colors will you be using? I'm going to dig through my stash this evening and see what turns up.

How are you doing? I haven't been around or crocheting for a while my little one just didn't allow me the time but now that she is a little older I am back with a fury lol. I am in a few cals and I have a few projects going but this one seems to be going so fast and I have never done anything with a hook this big so it is kinda cool. Glad to be joining you guys.

:hugMelibean!!!!:hug

Long time no type. Glad to see you joining us here. :yay I am just getting started on this too.

The afghan weighed in between 5 and 7 pounds. That was the closest I could get standing on the scale holding the stupid blanket cuz I forgot to count the skeins. (You can picture this - right?)

:haha I have sooo weighed things this way before.

Okay, I'm in. I just can't start yet!

~ Joy

What colors will you be using? I'm going to dig through my stash this evening and see what turns up.

I'm using Crimson and Cream (OU colors for my FIL). I'm using Caron pounders and one is called cream and I don't remember the name of the other and I'm too lazy to walk to the closet and find it. I think it'll look prety good.

this is sooooooooooooo coooooooolllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to pick up my hearts shawl again and I have a doily to do. Then my plate is pretty much open.

I am sooooo excited that this thread is alive again!! I loved making this afghan. I have made two so far and can't wait to start a new one! I will decide on the colors and let you all know. Thanks RoseRed for the heads up! Happy 4th everyone! :yay

here is my almost completed first strip I'm doing it in expresso and aran. I love how quick this goes.

th_PictureorVideo011.jpg

th_PictureorVideo010.jpg

Love the colors! Mine is going to look similar...I'm using dark plum and soft white. I'll post a pic when I get the first strip done. I did three color blocks this morning in no time. :cheer I LOVE THIS PATTERN! :manyheart

here is my almost completed first strip I'm doing it in expresso and aran. I love how quick this goes.

th_PictureorVideo011.jpg

Melissa, I love this combination. it wouldn't work for my son but it could work for me (much) later on. I can't wait to see the next strip.

thank you both I wasn't sure if I would like it when I first started it but as the strip went on I really fell in love with it. I am making it with the intention of sending it to my mom but I really really want to keep it hehe. I have yet to make anything for myself. But I will just have to go look at colors and pick something out that is more me. I am sure I can find something else that will fit this patter just as well.

Very pretty!! I'm sure whoever ends up with it will love it. Definately make one for yourself! They're great to snuggle under and plenty of room.

So... I think maybe red and blue might be my colours for my son.

However. I have been thinking I want to try this in a smaller scale in pink and white or blue and white for a child ghan. I know it will be heavier than usual so that might not work as a baby type. although it would work for a floor ghan.

choices, choices, choices

Darski, try making your baby ghan with fingering weight yarn. That means the two strands together would be about like worsted. I've made some RR's in the Van Gogh style that way and they worked out great.

Darski and Leslie - you both gave me terrific ideas. I'm going to hold off on the ghan for my 6'8" brother and use this pattern for a fast ghan I promised someone. Pink and white were her colors, o this should turn out really pretty - and warm. Her black lab "stole" the only one she had. We're trading - she's making me a wreath for my front door!:)

I'm also going to use some baby weight yarn from my stash to do either this or the Van Ghoh CAL technique. I don't have the patience to work with a single strand of fine yarn to make a baby blanket!

Thanks, ladies!!:hug

Oh Rose that is so wonderful!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy for you. posted a link in your other thread.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I was talking to Addey up there ^

I guess we posted at the same time! Thanx guys!!!!!

Hehe, I never claimed to be much help :D

I did post a link in your other thread, I just didn't have any ideas off the top of my head. I haven't experimented with thread, so I don't have any patterns to suggest from that....

I finally got to work on my flannelghan and I wanted to show my colors.

th_LumberjackFlannel1.jpg

I hope Hubby will like it as it is a surprise.

Archived