Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I could do one of these for my trucker son instead of the Nascar graph. (or at least as a place holder until I can put the Jimmy Johnston one together)

These are all so lovely and I can just imagine what they feel like for nestling into. :c9

Come on...you can do this!! We'll push each other.

I'm going multicolor - my brother and his wife aren't much on matching things, fortunately!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on...you can do this!! We'll push each other.

I'm going multicolor - my brother and his wife aren't much on matching things, fortunately!

I do have lots of black. the challenge would be to find the "other" colour. It's for a trucking guy, you have to plan for truck stop conversations around your design choices :wlol

How much yarn does it take in the other colour. It seems it was about 36 ounces... hmmm

Next week, I will head to WM or the mall and see what I can find. I could start the black bits right away ... :wlol

I do have lots of black. the challenge would be to find the "other" colour. It's for a trucking guy, you have to plan for truck stop conversations around your design choices :wlol

How much yarn does it take in the other colour. It seems it was about 36 ounces... hmmm

Next week, I will head to WM or the mall and see what I can find. I could start the black bits right away ... :wlol

I'll use my stash of "many colors" and possibly use Aran as the lighter color. One lady posted a pic of her completed multi and it looks great! I might keep most of the colors vivid, though - baby brother DID paint his kitchen is a cranberry, after all:D , so I know he likes bright - just like his big sister:manyheart .

I'll check page one again and see the other looks....

Are we gonna get this CAL up and running again ?!? YAY!!! I'll let Smileyface know - she's having a hard time picking a project right now!

Darski - I won't tell Julie Kay - I promise!!!!!!! :rofl

What color is the truck? You can do black and the color of the truck! or the color of the logo. Peterbuilt is red/white. As long as you don't do black and pink you should be fine! lol

Addey - I LOVE the wedding pic!

HAH!!! I got you guys beat!!! I'm 5' 4" and a half!!!

Judy - I'm glad you figured out your gauge!

Heather - you don't have to wait till you get the strips done :( we LOVE pics here!!!

I haven't had a chance to start mine yet but I really really want to and will as soon as I get some other stuff out of the way! DH loves this pattern and wants me to make it for him!!

Are we gonna get this CAL up and running again ?!? YAY!!! I'll let Smileyface know - she's having a hard time picking a project right now!

Heather - you don't have to wait till you get the strips done :( we LOVE pics here!!!

Wellllllll.....I'll see what I can do tonight. :) I work 12 hour shifts, 2-4 days a week, plus I'm taking online MT classes AND this week I'm spending 2-1/2 days in Sioux Falls (Hobby Lobby here I come...and Michaels...and Joanns.....:devil )...but between packing, downloading classroom files I should be able to squeeze a picture or two in for you!! I'll see what I can do!!

And with the number I'm planning on making...this may be the longest CAL ever...:yes

Wellllllll.....I'll see what I can do tonight. :) I work 12 hour shifts, 2-4 days a week, plus I'm taking online MT classes AND this week I'm spending 2-1/2 days in Sioux Falls (Hobby Lobby here I come...and Michaels...and Joanns.....:devil )...but between packing, downloading classroom files I should be able to squeeze a picture or two in for you!! I'll see what I can do!!

And with the number I'm planning on making...this may be the longest CAL ever...:yes

:eek Your Schedule seems almost as bad as mine! (Except mine involves lots of airplane rides...) This week I'm home, but last week (and next) I was in California, the week prior Florida, home two weeks and May was 2 weeks in Canada at either end of the month and a week in Indiana and a week in Colorado in the middle... what time zone am I in?? :think

I MY GOSH!!!! I just love the Scoobyghan! Absolutely wonderful!!!

GREAT JOB :clap

Thank you SO MUCH Candy! My daughter cuddles with this everynight. Plus, the other afghan I have made. Poor girl wakes up a ball of sweat! She just won't put it away!

Jen, how did you get the flowers in the ghan? I do love that one too.

But then I loved them all... so many to :drool over

I am thinking black with a blue - would a midnight navy be ok or too much dark for this? Oh the choices are going to drive me crazy. I've never met a blue I didn't love. But then maybe green would be good to go... :sigh

Thanks Darski! They are not crocheted into the ghan, they are sewed on after.

I got them from the flower power bedspread at Bernat. I hope this link works.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1043

I actually screwed up on the pattern. I made my petals too close together so I ended up with 6 instead of 5. My DD liked the 6 better anyway. So that is why I continued with it.

Hope this helps you let. Keep us posted. I love seeing this CAL rolling again!

Yeah - Addey was 100 miles away from me and didn't even want to try to plan a visit :(

I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!

Hey!! I wanted to try and plan a visit, but I was putting in 12 hour days :(

Unfortunately, this next trip I'll be in the Miami/Homestead area. The compleate other end of the state from you. *sigh* One of these days....

But then I loved them all... so many to :drool over

I am thinking black with a blue - would a midnight navy be ok or too much dark for this? Oh the choices are going to drive me crazy. I've never met a blue I didn't love. But then maybe green would be good to go... :sigh

Hmm... such choices. The one I did is midnight and mint. Hehe, got both blue and green in that one!. I'm thinking midnight and black might be a little dark, but might not, I'd have to hold the yarns together to see.

I don't think I've seen a bad combo yet.... I'm not sure there would be, other than maybe flourecent orange and pink... not a personal fave, but some like it.

These afghans are sooooooo pretty. I love each and every one of them. Looks like there might be a group of people who will be starting soon...care if I join in? As soon as I get a few other projects finished up, I'm going to try one. Deciding on the colors will be the hard part!

These afghans are sooooooo pretty. I love each and every one of them. Looks like there might be a group of people who will be starting soon...care if I join in? As soon as I get a few other projects finished up, I'm going to try one. Deciding on the colors will be the hard part!

I agree with all you said ... especially the hard part is choosing colours :eek

I keep thinking of the Settings choice on my computer... 256 colours... Yeah I'll take that one :rofl

The more I think about it, the less I am committed to using the black. I will have to work on this like a fiend and black at night is not a pretty thing! So ... still more choices.

I was just wondering what an N hook would be so I was checking some of my hooks to see if I could get close.

Interestingly enough, I have an old 10mm hook that I have had for ages and it is labeled as a P.

I just recently picked up the set of pretty coloured plastic hooks and the 10.mm in that set says that it is an N.

...the 11.5mm hook is considered a P in that set.

Which all goes to show - in my little pea brain at least - that real numbers are a much better guide as to what to use than the imaginary numbers that we have been using since time immemorial. :sigh

All of this to say I am good to go with a 10mm hook right? :rofl

I was just wondering what an N hook would be so I was checking some of my hooks to see if I could get close.

Interestingly enough, I have an old 10mm hook that I have had for ages and it is labeled as a P.

I just recently picked up the set of pretty coloured plastic hooks and the 10.mm in that set says that it is an N.

...the 11.5mm hook is considered a P in that set.

Which all goes to show - in my little pea brain at least - that real numbers are a much better guide as to what to use than the imaginary numbers that we have been using since time immemorial. :sigh

All of this to say I am good to go with a 10mm hook right? :rofl

Darski,

I discovered the difference in sizes not long ago myself. My suggestion is to try them both out in test swatches and see which one produces the best results. Use the one that's the most comfortable, and gives you a clean, pretty stitch that you love. :manyheart

I'm only 5'1" and my 6'9" husband's parents are 6'6" and 5'4". When people make comparisons about them and us she always yells "I'm not that short".

I grew up with a 6'4" dad and a mom who was 5'2"...my DH is 5'8"...I told him I was tired of craning my neck to look up at the men in my family (other brother is 6'5"!). You also have to shout to be heard by them, since you're voice projects in front of you!!:lol :lol :lol

BTW: I'm 5'4":D

does anyone mind if I join in on this I have some of my first strip done. I am doing it in aran and expresso for my mom whose house is done mostly in beigh and browns so if it is ok just let me know I have to take pics of my strip and I will post them.

does anyone mind if I join in on this I have some of my first strip done. I am doing it in aran and expresso for my mom whose house is done mostly in beigh and browns so if it is ok just let me know I have to take pics of my strip and I will post them.

RoseRed told me "the more the merrier!", so I'm pretty sure it's okay for you to join up. I'm new, too. I can't wait to see your pictures. I've been thinking of trying one with browns, so it will be good to see how yours looks.

I can't wait to get started!

Archived