Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I can't wait to see the progress of all the new ones! I haven't started my second yet, but if I think about it, I'll post a pic of the colors I'm going to use. They're sitting in my craft area just wimpering that I haven't started on them yet. I promised them they'll get their turn, but there are a few others in line first.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was so excited to start this that i just went ahead and started. OOPS! I guess I should read the whole pattern before I start. I read a previous post about the block being 10 inches across. I went home and measured mine and it was only 8 inches across. I had to rip my last block out so I could start again. I got the first two blocks of the first strip done last night and it looks much better. Now that I'm off the a better (and correct) start this should go pretty quickly.

Havea great day!

Oh hun - you didn't have to rip. You can make it with 8 inch blocks - it just comes out smaller or you coulld add an extra 2 strips. There's so many ways that you can customize this pattern. What colors are you doing?

I'm using turquoise and lime green. They really look cool together. The way I had originally done it wouldn't have worked with the 8 inch block...as I said I didn't pay attention so the blocks were 8 x 10 inches...I guess that's why it didn't look right :0) This one looks much better so far...I'll keep you posted.

RedRose

Debi - that's only 5 stitches off from the origional pattern so that's not too bad. it sounds like you're using a really tight tension tho and if you are it will loosen up as you go. How many rows did you make for your swatch?

the answer 27 rows. should I use Q. :think

those colors are going to look great together! can't wait to see it finished!

I'm using turquoise and lime green. They really look cool together. The way I had originally done it wouldn't have worked with the 8 inch block...as I said I didn't pay attention so the blocks were 8 x 10 inches...I guess that's why it didn't look right :0) This one looks much better so far...I'll keep you posted.

Crochet Hen- I've gotten the first four blocks of the first strip done...the colors really do look good together. When my daughter first picked them I wasn't sure how they would look. I'm hoping to get the first strip finished tonight.

I'll keep you posted!

Well I finished my first strip last night. It really looks nice. I plan to start the second one tonight.

Have a great weekend!

I finally finished the Harley Flannelghan. I really love the way it came out. Once I got it together it worked up really quickly. I can see this is going to be a great pattern for last minute gifts. My DH really liked it, sooo, I can see I'll have to make one for him.

I finished it off with three rows of single crochet. Black, Black/Orange and Black.

Adonsafghansmall.jpg

Very cool! And if they don't like Harleys :eek then those colors are GREAT for Haloween, especially since it's usually cold where i live by then.

It looks great and should be nice and cozy.

Leslie, That Harley inspired blanket is awesome! Don't you just love this pattern?

RoseRed, I work in a boarding home and brought in my Scooby inspired afghan and one of the ladies wanted the pattern. Would it be alright if I gave it to her? She has no internet..heck, I don't think she even knows about the internet! Let me know! Thanks!

That's so sweet of you to ask. Of course you can give her a copy of the pattern. I love that people love my pattern enough to want to make it! That's the most awesome thing!!!

Will you post a pic of her ghan when it's finished?

Thanks to all for the kind remarks. :hug I really like this pattern. I have 2 quilt ghans to work on, a MAM and a ripple. When I finish them I just might do another. DH is hinting that would be a really great idea.:devil

• 2 weeks later...

Archived