Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Actually, you only sew the strips together. I just HATE sewing blocks so any way I can get out of it is a good thing for me.

Have you trying sewing a row together as you finish it? I am going to figure how many i would need of each, then each row and do it as I go. but i am sure you have already done this.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just easier for me to crochet my heart out and set aside a couple hours when it's all finished to do the dreaded task of ends and sewing.

For some people it's easier to sew as they go.

that's why I don't do squares - TG for no-sew joining methods LOL.

Very pretty!! I can't wait to see other new ones too. I'm trying to remind myself that I've got to make a shrug before my friend's wedding next month and do my mom's vest before I can start on FIL's flannelghan. Even though I don't like joining even the strips, this is a fun one to work on....

Beautiful JCB! I think I want to make each of the following: a red and black, green and black, and the one that I bought yarn for next is pink and gray! That one will be mine and I'll stop stealing Emily's Scooby one for my bed! lol!

RoseRed, I just saw that you put all the finished ones in post 1! What a great idea. It must be nice looking at that and knowing that YOU made all of those happen! I have to say that is is my favorite pattern b/c you can get a huge afghan in a short time. I might like to try this somehow with a varigated yarn. Something to think about!

RoseRed, I just saw that you put all the finished ones in post 1! What a great idea. It must be nice looking at that and knowing that YOU made all of those happen! I have to say that is is my favorite pattern b/c you can get a huge afghan in a short time. I might like to try this somehow with a varigated yarn. Something to think about!

WOW - I never actually thought of it that way! It's kinda mindblowing!

Varigated yarn - I was thinking about that too. I was thinking something like RH's gemstone with teal on one side and amethyst on the other of the varigated blocks.

i was also thinking about adding a 3rd color in hdc between the colored blocks and edging the sides in sc to give it a different look.

I love you guys!!!!!:manyheart

lovely pattern, thanks for sharing it. I found this post, because a more recent post in this thread mentioned that you put pics on this post. I am definitely going to save it.

YeaH! My yarn came , its here, its here! Yeah! but would you beliveve I have my living Room toren apart rearranging and cleaning and have to finish the yarn thats was too wet to mow this morning. Guess, what I will be doing weekend?#!

YeaH! My yarn came , its here, its here! Yeah! but would you beliveve I have my living Room toren apart rearranging and cleaning and have to finish the yarn thats was too wet to mow this morning. Guess, what I will be doing weekend?#!

Finish the yarn that's too wet to mow this morning ?!?!?!?!?

I can see where you're mind is at :rofl

hmmm... mowing yarn... that could be problematic. Unless you're talking about funfur or the like. :D

I think I'll be starting my next one either next week or the week after. I've still got to get a shrug done for a friend's wedding in a month, at least one tanktop and re-start on my mom's vest first. I have until October to get this one done, so I've got plenty of time.

Has anyone washed their finished Lumberjack 'ghan yet? I want to wash mine, partly to soften it up a bit, and also because I'm a clutz and managed to spill some soda on it before I even finished it.

Mine is so heavy I'm a bit nervous about using my washing machine.... I really don't want it to break. Has anyone washed theirs in their own, top-loading machine?

Thanks!

Joan

I don't have my own machine, I have to use a laundrymat. I tossed mine in right after I finished it along with some of my other darks and it came out just fine. I've never had any problems washing a project.

Joan: I have washed mine several times.....I have 5 stinkin' cats! They lay all over my ghans! I can't stand the cat hair. Especially, on the black and blue ghan. It seems as though they have managed to lay only on the black squares!:think Anyway, I put it in my regular top loader :wash and wash on a regular cycle. Then I put it in my dryer and dry it. It comes out just fine. Just don't be stupid, as I once put a dark afghan in with a bunch of towels! That poor afghan was never the same. I just told people I used the flecked yarn!:loco

RedRose, I was doing my first block. For me to get 10inches with N hook, I have to do 22 stitches. Which, okay i think i better order another skein of each ponder to make it, huh? I got 4 each now. :yes

Debi - that's only 5 stitches off from the origional pattern so that's not too bad. it sounds like you're using a really tight tension tho and if you are it will loosen up as you go. How many rows did you make for your swatch?

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member here for a short time and I love seeing everyone's work. I've been tempted to join a couple of these CALs but never seem to find the time. After seeing this one and how beautiful, and easy it is, I decided to join. I went and bought the yarn yesterday. My daughter picked it out, turquoise and lime green. I started it last night and it goes really quickly. I even did a few rows this morning before leaving for work. I can't wait to work on it when I get home. Well, wish me luck, as I very good at starting these things and not finishing them.

Hae a great a day!

Linda

Good luck Linda - it'll be great to have you. PLEASE< PLEASE PLEASE post some picks - I'd love to see those colors together!

We have a great group of ladies here - we'll keep you going!

Archived