Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now I have to make 3 of these. Hubby liked it so much that he picked this as the pattern he wants his new 'blanet' to be. He's been bugging me for months to make him a 'blanket without holes so my toes don't stick through'...so this is the one!!!!! Phew!!

Lisa, that is so funny. Must be a husband thing. That's why I made my DH the Harmony ghan. It's all single crochet so no toes coming thru. :lol Now he's happy and I'm on to other, more interesting, things. :heehee

I have finally finished mine. Of course, you will notice that I messed up some of the panels by doing an orange square rather than a blue so it doesn't look flannel-y but I still like it.

At our house we call it the Gator 'Ghan in honor of the Florida Gators! :cheer

2147772HPIM1034.JPG

Stebekah...I think it looks great! :cheer So bright and cheerful!

I am joining this cal as soon as I get my first round ripple under my belt. At least that is what I keep telling myself, but I don't know if I can resist making a start...I love this pattern!

Hi Rose. Put me down for my Harley flannelghan. :jumpyay I got the MAM done :applause(finally) and just had to get a little start on it. I've got the first black block and the black/orange block on the first strip done. You're right this is going to go really fast.

I'm back to my yellow ripple to finish that up. I'm hoping to get most of it done tonight and then finish up tomorrow. Then I'll go full time on the Harleyghan while I'm deciding what to do for my friend's DH. I made her a ripple and she requested something for him.

Wow! Glad to see people are still working at these wonderful 'ghans. Mine is constantly in a wadded up heap at the end of the sofa. (I think that's the biggest compliment a blanket can get...) I can't wait to see the Harley one and the others that are in the works. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do another one or not... we'll see...

I've done a little more on the Harleyghan. Mostly because I've decided I need one more skein of yarn for the yellow ripple. When I spread it out yesterday it looked too square. :sigh

I'm loving the Harleyghan. I got two more "blocks" done in about 30 minutes. :yay It's a nice change from that ripple. That's at the stage where I just want it done.

It's great to take a break and have something else to work on. I just hate it when I feel like that - where you don't even want to look at it, let alone work on it.

Can't wait to see how the black and orange look together. What color are you using for the outside corners?

OK, I just can't stand it! I NEED to make this afghan, I am taking a break from the other WIPs and buying some red and white yarn. I want to do it in cornhusker colors so that it can be carried to the football games! I keep checking in here and seeing what everyone is making and I have caught the fever...there is no resisting it!:hook

I'm thinking that I will be making this one a bit smaller (more lapghan-ish sized) for my FIL for his birthday, which is in October. I think I'm going to see if I can't find decent OU colors, but finding a 'cream' that isn't yellow is tough... and crimson is a fun one to try and match too... *sigh*

(I promised my DH that I would make MIL and FIL afghans for their birthdays in October because when we were last down there FIL half-jokingly asked when I was making him a blanket....)

The outside corners are black. I wanted to mute the effect of the orange. I've got the first strip done and am half way into the second. I'm really happy with the way the orange and black go together. :yes I was going to post a pic, but, DH took the digital camera with him today.

That's so cool! This was actually auctioned off as a Stadium Blanket! Are you going to do more red or white?

Leslie - it's awesome how fast these go, isn't it?!?

lisa - thanx!

I haven't posted my progress in quite sometime but I'm nearly finished with mine it's in black and yellow and it's HUGE! I should get it done within the next week...I'll be sure to post pictures :)

That is the most unusual flanelghan I have seen. It would make a wonderful children's wheelchair laprobe! I will have to find that pattern!

Debbie

Thanks Rose for posting the patterns here as well! I should of thought to do that! As for the flowers, I got them from the flower power bedspread at Bernat. I hope this link works.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1043

I actually screwed up on the pattern. I made my petals too close together so I ended up with 6 instead of 5. My DD liked the 6 better anyway. So that is why I continued with it. Thank you all so much for the great comments! I am going to make more of these for sure! Thanks SO MUCH Rose!!!!:ghug

Archived