Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty Yarnbox! I love the colors. Very classic! The border looks wonderfull too. I'm glad to hear the fuzzy ones love it as well as your DH. :)

Welcome Moonspinners! I always look forward to seeing more of these. They're easy, fun, fast and very clasic!

Great shot of the Jimbo lumberjack! As we speak that very afgan is resting at the foot of our bed up on the crick. Its already warmed Karol, the grandkids, and me and is well on its way to becoming one of the most treasured things up there. I just got some bedtime stories over ebay and can't wait to wrap up a couple grandkids and me in that and read them a story before bed. I can't be more pleased. Thank you again and again Rose!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a ripple to finish then I'm jumping into this one if there's room for one more ;) . It will be a "Harley" flannelghan. Black and Harley Orange, for a good friend of DH and me. I can't wait as this looks like a really quick to finish ghan.

The last one I did was all single crochet and seemed to take forever. :rolleyes

This is the best pattern ever! I did finish my son's blanket...blue and black. I am just putting the finishing touches on my daughters. Those of you following this thread know she picked lime green and mint blue. Well, I wanted to "girlie it up" a little so I have added something to it. I plan on posting pics tomorrow. I don't want to say what I'm doing yet. (in case it looks stupid!) So I will show you all asap! Anybody else finish this yet? I would love to see more of these blankies! I love them. Thanks SO MUCH RoseRed!

You're so welcome Jenny! I can't wait to see it.

Leslie - Welcome aboard! My honey loves Harley's! Are you using Caron's Perfect Match Orange? I think it's the thickest Perfect Match color they make lol. I used it in the blue and orange one.

I did a little something in my blog about "patina". Its a story about my dad's banjo. How does an old banjo relate to a lumberjack afgan you ask? Well its about heirlooms. Rose Red took a bunch of yarn and transformed it into a true family heirloom. Some things just seem to click, you know? This particular afgan just has that kind of magic about it, and its not just a guy thing. My whole family loves it. Thats why if you look at the banjo picture, you also see Rose's afgan.

Just my 2 cents.

Jimbo

I can dc and no I've not picked out the colors yet. I AM going to have to make this. The whole pattern is on the first post correct?

Yup - the whole pattern is in the 1st post. I tell everyone to double check the gauge to make sure the 1st block is square. It's a flexible pattern and we've made a bunch. The girls here are great as is our resident gentleman, jimbo, and we'll be more than happy to help you out with any questions or what have you.

Ladysox - baby pink or hot pink?

Thank you RoseRed, I'm going to have to get yarn together and try it for a Christmas Gift or something just for me.

Alrighty, I'm the newest one to find this gem of a pattern. This will be absolutely perfect for my son and my brother for Christmas presents. I will do a black/red one for my son and blue/red one for my brother, I think.

Now, if wanted to make it a bit bigger (like Jimbo's) because they are both tall and the blankets need to cover their feet, how much yarn will I likely need? I know everyone talks in pounds, but how many skeins, approx, will I need?

When I find out I can go shopping!!!

Awesomely fantastic pattern!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

You could always do it the easy way and buy the 16 oz. pounders of yarn. You can get some awesome sale prices on them. I'm all confused with skeins anymore since they dropped the weight from 8 oz to 7 oz. Now I buy more than I need and exchange it or stash it.

It sounds like you're going to use a LOT of red!

A C Moore is having a Moonlight Madness sale on Sunday, May 6. I am going to get the yarn for my Harley Flannelghan. :yay I still have to finish the ripple and the MAM I am working on first. :devil (Personal rule: I can't let this get out of hand. Only so many things at one time.:rolleyes ) I should be done with them by next Sunday, so, I can't wait to start on the Harley ghan.:bounce

Archived