Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty!! I sure hope you get to cover up a new baby with that! It looks so snuggly! I love the ruffled edge. I thought about that for mine, but I decided to go with the zig-zag edge. It worked great on yours!

This is the first CAL I have ever joined! I absolutely LOVE this pattern! I started last weekend and didn't want to share that I was starting since I get bored and move on quickly to a different pattern. Well, I have not been bored at all! I only have to make my 5th strip and sew it to the others. Then the border. For, joining I used the blanket stitch. So the "wrong" side has raised borders/lines which actually looks neat. I did it in blue and black. As soon as I finish....hopefully, this weekend. I will post a picture. This one is for my 9 year old son and now my 4 year old daughter wants one and she has picked Carons Super brights in bluemint and lime! I am not sure about her color choices.....we'll see!

Mrscrochetpants...I thought about doing a mint green and peach for my MIL and wondered how it would look...now I know...beautiful!

This one is for my 9 year old son and now my 4 year old daughter wants one and she has picked Carons Super brights in bluemint and lime! I am not sure about her color choices.....we'll see!

Mrscrochetpants...I thought about doing a mint green and peach for my MIL and wondered how it would look...now I know...beautiful!

I can't WAIT to see your blankets! Blue and black are nice 'traditional' colors. I think the color combo your daugter picked out, while bright, will be amazing too. I can't wait to see that one either.

Thanks guys! Just have to sew on final strip and do border. About my daughters wild colors.... When I went to pick up more yarn for her blanket...she found a "fuzzy" pillow that has those same bright colors she picked plus, a grape color. I might make the border of hers in grape to completely match that fuzzy pillow. Those colors actually do look pretty good together! I ended up getting called into work for this weekend so I don't know if I'll finish my sons like I hoped! :( Maybe Sunday afternoon!) Take care guys!

I'd post a picture here if i could figger it out again... but i did post a shot in my blog, of this GLORIOUS afgan made by none other than our very own RoseRed. She graciously gave in to my pleading and made me one! Now the Jimbo family has a warm and oh such an incredible deep blue and red lumberjack flanagan for those cold Deadman Crick nights. In fact Karol and i used it already... stayed toasty warm under it with our window open in the low 30's up at the crick this week-end. All thanks to RoseRed!!

Thank you again, RoseRed for making us an heirloom that is so pleasing to the eye and that will warm the Jimbo family for generations.

It just absolutely amazes me what those little hooks can do when placed in such talented hands.

Stop by my blog and check it out!

Well Jimbo, it looks like RoseRed did a GREAT job on that afghan for ya. Great colors and fabulous work. I do hope you enjoy it for many, many, many years to come. I know everyone who visits the crick will love it!!

Oh, Jimbo :hug you're just too sweet! I love to make things for people that appreciate them. This is the first time I've ever had any of my work called an heirloom. I kinda like it :manyheart

jimbosredNavy.jpg

It's 5x7 feet!

Enjoy your blankie!:c9

~Michele

Well this pattern has been calling me so I have started a khaki and black for my gs not really happy with it because you have to really look to see the squares;first strip done. The second one I had to start to see if I liked the colors better. That one is red and blue, the red I have awhile it has little patches or dots of colors in it, don't remember where it came from but I like this one and the way it feels too. The khaki is stiff for some reason.

Lorna

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short on this afghan. I just started it last night and already have 1 2/3's strips finished. I'm going away this weekend and will have some good crochet time.

I have a question about joining the strips. Do you use a single strand, or double strand? And.. do you use just one of the colors or both together?

Thanks!

Joan

I slipstitched my ghan together using a smaller hook and only one strand of the dark blue, since that was the one in every square. The 'prefered' method I think for these things is to whipstitch it together, but I can't stand doing that. You end up with a small ridge with the method I used, but that's OK to me.

OooOOOo :drool I love it!!!

The teal and cream are great together!! It would look perfect in my living room (the mint and navy I did are OK, but that rocks!). Very nice work. What did you do on the edge?

OooOOOo :drool I love it!!!

The teal and cream are great together!! It would look perfect in my living room (the mint and navy I did are OK, but that rocks!). Very nice work. What did you do on the edge?

Thanks. All I did was 1 sc row of white then 1 sc row of the white/teal. I was going to do a row of teal/teal afterwards but I don't have enough, and I don't see having to buy a skein to do that; besides, I think it looks great finished like that. I still have to weave all the ends in though.

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short on this afghan. I just started it last night and already have 1 2/3's strips finished. I'm going away this weekend and will have some good crochet time.

I have a question about joining the strips. Do you use a single strand, or double strand? And.. do you use just one of the colors or both together?

Thanks!

Joan

I just used whip st. using one strand of main color---turned out great!

check out my filckr link.

Archived