Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

i'll be starting mine as soon as my yarn arrives tomorrow. it's taken two whole weeks to get it since i ordered it so i can't wait.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amalin06 I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

I finally finished mine up today.

402535257_d74d3e314d_m.jpg

Here it is all spread out over my floor. It's nice and large, which is good since it's cold here and has started snowing again. It was big enough to keep me covered as I worked the edging. Now that's a snuggly blanket!

402535303_f0c045b8e7_m.jpg

Here's a closeup of the edging. I knew I didn't have enough navy left to do the border that was posted in the pattern. (I barely had enough navy for what I did!) RoseRed shared her pattern with me for what she did for Jimbo (and it looks great) but I decided not to use it either. I modified a pattern I got out of a book of edgings. The green round was with the large hook and sc. The combo round was sc, ch3, sc every other stitch and I used a K hook for a tighter stitch. I think it turned out prety good. What do you all think?

Everyone: I've been keeping tabs on this CAL 'cause I'm interested in doing a lumberjack afghan. Every single afghan I've seen here are absolutely great! :cheer I'd like to thank everyone for the color inspiration. Hopefully in the near future I'll be making one of these.

i have started mine. i'm on the forth sq. on the first panel and i've only started an hour ago! of course i was chasing my 9 month old son around too so i probaby can do alot more now that he is in bed for the night.

i just started the second panel and am on the second square. i am hiding my work from my husband so i have to work on it while he is at work. he knows i am making it for him but he doesn't want to see what it looks like till i'm done. it's going to be so hard not to show off my progress.

I've been following this thread for quite awhile and I think I'm going to have to take the plunge :D Need to get my stripey blanket finished first, then decide on what colors to do for this. Love everyone's blankets, by the way, they look great :yes

Thanks Becky! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love seeing all the different color combos and border treatments. (I have to get back to my stripey.... I ran out of some of the colors I was using...)

i just started my forth panel but i don't know if i'll have enough yarn

Mine took just about 3.5 lb of yarn. I used just under 1.5 lb of green and almsot 2lb of the blue... I hope you have enough. Like RoseRed said, it's probably better to skimp on the border than on the pannels. I can't wait to see yours!

here is my afghan without the border. it turned out way smaller that i thought so i probably will make another one :clap yay!!

th_P3010005.jpg

Very pretty Amanda!! I really like it! Like RoseRed said, I can't wait to see the boarder! There are so many cool things you can do with the edge of this.

I just used 2 rows of sc. But I had to use a different red cause i ran out of the red I used. I probably won't post a pic of the border cause it's too much of a hastle and it is just a plain border. I can't wait to get more yarn to make another one.

I've finished all 5 strips! I'm sc'ing all the way around each strip to make it a little easier to assemble and it hides my ends!!! I'll be sure to post a picture soon!

Can't wait!! :)

When I took this picture I had 2 strips Joined:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/PamelaLindsey/P3040067.jpg

I've got all the strips joined now and I'm working on the Edging! I didn't quite get the strips straight on both ends for some reason, So I am making it "Rectangle" by DC and TR in the spaces between the strips (doesn't make sense) I'll take another picture when it's completely done!

I used a slip stitch to join the strips

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/PamelaLindsey/P3040068.jpg

*For some reason the pictures are showing up too big, I've resized them on Photobucket and they are still showing up on here too big so I've put links up instead of Pictures!

Cool colors!! I used slipstitch to join mine as well. It gives it a 'right' and 'wrong' side, but it looks pretty good anyhow. I can't wait to see the edging.

Archived