Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Addey when i click on your link it say page not found. The afghan does go fast. I am on my second one. I am doing 10 inch blocks on this one as well, but 9 blocks in a strip and doing 7 strips. I have completed 5 of them and have them sewn together, crocheting my 6th strip now. Will post pictures as soon as it's done. I haven't had any problems with buttons or such when replying.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone who's made this figured out 'exactly' how much yarn you used? I want to get started on mine ~ just not sure how much I'll need. :think

Thank you so much for sharing the pattern! I love it! Hope I can do it justice. :blush

:yarn Krista

Has anyone who's made this figured out 'exactly' how much yarn you used? I want to get started on mine ~ just not sure how much I'll need. :think

Thank you so much for sharing the pattern! I love it! Hope I can do it justice. :blush

:yarn Krista

This is one reason I'm planning to use the RRSS it has no dye lot, so if I run out, I can just go pick up more. I have about 6 skeins of black and 6 or 7 skeins of light pink. Pretty sure that won't be enough. Well, it looks like I'm off the fence on this one. I'll have a big frogging session this weekend (its a 3-day weekend yeah!!) and get my black re-balled. I"m planning to use an N hook. Oh boy, here goes!

Addey when i click on your link it say page not found. The afghan does go fast. I am on my second one. I am doing 10 inch blocks on this one as well, but 9 blocks in a strip and doing 7 strips. I have completed 5 of them and have them sewn together, crocheting my 6th strip now. Will post pictures as soon as it's done. I haven't had any problems with buttons or such when replying.

Ooops. Looks like I messed up the pasting somehow. Let's try this again:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/addey_album/Crochet/th_Lumberjack1.jpg

th_Lumberjack1.jpg

I think I might have fixed my button problem, because it seems to be working at work now....

very nice addey.

smileyface - that's how big I'm making mine.

oops alert - the first ghan I made I used the torquoise N hook from redheart which is actually closer to a P than an N.

I'm starting this bigger one with 3 pounds of red and 3 pounds of blue. We'll see how much I use up on it. How much yarn have you guys used on your finished ones?

Love the colors you are using for your afghan Addey! :)

Thanks! I got a bit more done today while I watched the laundry spin in the dryer at the laundrymat. :lol I hope to get some work done on it this week, maybe finish another 2 strips. I've got friends coming over tomorrow afternoon, hope they won't mind me working on this while we play games :P Knowing them, they'll just ask for one too!

I started mine last night, and I'm almost done with the first strip. This goes really fast!! I'm using the N hook, but I almost wish I'd used the P hook, but oh well. I'll post a pick when I get a couple of strips done. I'm already planning the next one. I want a black and red one too, for my son when he graduates boot camp.

It's great to have you here with us Melissa. I've been keeping up on the thread about your son and you sound so much like my mom did when I joined.

I'm sure he will just love the flannelghan when he comes home!

Well I've made a decision. I went and looked over my stash, and I didn't have enough of Burgundy and Sage to do my flannelghan (can't afford to buy any right now) so I decided to do this one as a Baby Flannelghan in Peach and Baby Green - Looks like Sherbert!

I've got pictures here!

I figure if I ever have another baby it will work for a Boy or a Girl :yay

Mrs. Crochet Pants - Looks great! I plan on making one with a K hook and smaller as more of a lapghan size for my FIL. What size hook and stitch count are you using?? I'd also thought about doing them baby blanket size for Project Linus. We'll see. I don't normally like projects where I have to join things...

I'm now two strips done and about to start my third. DH has commented on how fast this one seems to be going. It really does work up quick when you use an N hook.

Mrs CrochetPants - Your ghan looks great! I love the sherbet colors. are you using 2 strands with the G hook?

I'm working on panel 5 of my blue/red ghan. My battery charger's not charging so my camera's down for the moment. :(

2 strips to go on my red/blue flannelghan! if you look - you can see where I folded the (9 block) strips down to get an idea of the size. This one's going to be 7 panels wide and I'm pretty sure I'll end up using the blue on the edges.

P1160081.jpg

mrs CrochetPants- that's so cool! how big are your squares measuring out to be?

The squares turned out to be 4" wide x 6" tall and the entire strip is 4" (of course) x 40" - I'm almost done with another strip (they really do work up fast)

I'll definitely post a pic when I'm done! :)

Well, I've had a productive weekend. I finished up two more strips and have started on strip number 4. So far I've used just about 2lb of yarn. (I was just under 2lb when I finished strip number 3. I'm using the Caron pounders, so hopefully I've got enough left of the 4lb that I bought to finish. If not, I'm only going to pick up another midnight, because I have another project in mind for it.

th_Lumberjack2.jpg

th_LumberjackCloseup.jpg

So here's what it looks like so far, and a closeup. I think it looks great! Can't wait to finish and snuggle under it! They're all looking great!

I'm really interested in seeing how the rectangular squares (?) come out.

For anyone that is changing the hook size or # of st's across - remember that you can always change the # of rows in the color block. Fold the square diagonally into a triangle and when it's evenly in half you have a perfect square!

I wish I could be doing more on mine but my hands are all pins and needles today. ugh. I wish this cold front would blow thru so I could start feeling better.

Archived